Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:11:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The real crash starts after Aug 1st  (Read 14551 times)
eSportsCoins

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Gamerbits -- Limited $900k ICO -- gbits.io

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 05:40:34 PM

I don't agree that the Bitcoin price is fixed, or controlled by anyone or any group. It is much too decentralized for that.

Please provide counterarguments if you disagree

Gamerbits Limited $900k ICO Asian eSports GBITS.IO
OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:51:05 PM

I don't agree that the Bitcoin price is fixed, or controlled by anyone or any group. It is much too decentralized for that.

Are you sure? Can you answer me the reason sometime on market (special Poloniex) have some flash crashing the price of Bitcoin or other Altcoin? If just in an exchange, very easy for some Team Whales or Big boy co-operate with exchange do that, because the marketcap of crypto still very small!

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
Analogplutonium

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:20:08 PM

I'm hoping for a big crash so I can restock a bit with fiat Cheesy
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:00:40 PM

We dont know if the bitcoin price crash in the month of august1 but I hope it will increase . I hope also the segwit will not try to sit the bitcoin into bitcoin classict and bitcoin because if that happen for sure price become half. But thats final everything will have no answer about what will real happen. So its better to hold your bitcoin for few months and transfer to the safe wallet to not affect your bitcoin.
anks

Activity: 572
Merit: 259

LSK, QTUM

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:29:54 PM

We dont know if the bitcoin price crash in the month of august1 but I hope it will increase . I hope also the segwit will not try to sit the bitcoin into bitcoin classict and bitcoin because if that happen for sure price become half. But thats final everything will have no answer about what will real happen. So its better to hold your bitcoin for few months and transfer to the safe wallet to not affect your bitcoin.

i think when its halved maybe people get more interest in alts

LISK
          ▄██▄
        ▄██████▄
      ▄██████████▄
    ▄██████████████▄
    ▀██████████████▀
      ████████████
       ██████████
       ▀████████▀
      ████████████
     ██████████████
      ████████████
        ▀██████▀
                 ▄▄   ▄▄
                ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
               ▄▀     ▀▀
           ▄▄▄▄█▄
       ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
   ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
  █  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
   ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
    █                  █
     █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
      ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
        ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀

▄▄▄
    ▄▀▄              ▄▀▀   ▀▀▄
    ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄         █     ▄   ▀▀█▀
      ▀▄▄  ▀▀▄▄     █         █▀
      ▀▄ ▀     ▀▀▄▄▀         █
       ▄▀▀▄                  █
        ▀▄▄                 █
  ▀█▄▄     ▀▄              █
    ▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▄    █
      ▀▄▄          ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀
         ▀▀▄▄     ▄▄▄▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀      ▀▀▄▄
  █              █ ▄
 █                █ ▀▄
 █                █  ▀▄
  █              █    █
▄▀ ▄▄          ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▄▀▄            ▄▀▄
   █   █          █   █
  █     █ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █     █
 ▄▀      ▀      ▀      ▀▄
 █                      █
█       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       █
█    ▄▀▀          ▀▀▄    █
█   ▄▀   ▄      ▄   ▀▄   █
 █  █   ███    ███   █  █
  █  █   ▀      ▀   █  █
   ▀▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
CHAT
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:45:24 PM

I bet you are... I may get some more too!

I don't mind if it goes up or down so long as the network is stable it's all good here.
If the network word is unstable?
What do you do today before the 1st of August
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:01:35 PM

Everyone has started, how can you be late. Your prediction could be wrong and you could be dealing with bankruptcy.
I suggest you buy bitcoin 5 days before 1st August. Everyone predicts bitcoin will be at the bottom.
shade_wrath

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:37:46 PM

I think the community is still un-decided whether to do Bitcoin hardfork or not. Some days back there was consensus that no fork required and now it seems there are certain groups who are again favoring for fork.
Whatever be the case make sure you have the ownership of your private keys and dont leave them on any exchange or online wallet Smiley .. just in case if split happen you don't want to be on losing side Cheesy

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:47:43 PM

In case split happens, both sides will be losing sides
AIOS

Activity: 70

All In One Social

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 02:57:57 PM

This thread might talk about both the scenarios. However, I am a firm believer of Bitcoin I might hold my btc to the lower levels, also might pour some more money if we get to see levels like 1500 or similar

shade_wrath

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:59:08 PM

As per news pinned to Tab:

Update

Due to BIP91, an economically-significant split seems quite a bit less likely. However, a large split is still possible if miners renege on BIP91, which wouldn't be very difficult for them to do.

Also, it seems that the Bitcoin Cash (BCC) fork will happen regardless on Aug 1, but everything I've seen leads me to believe that BCC will have very low value. Research and decide for yourself.

As a side-effect of BIP91, the risk of long reorganizations will be somewhat increased for the next month or so. This could cause confirmations on transactions to disappear more easily than otherwise, which could allow for double-spending. If you want to be about as safe as possible, you should wait for 30 confirmations before trusting incoming transactions.

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:53:57 PM

Following on from BIP91... Segwit support is still at 100% and lock-in is looking good for end of next period. I don't see how BIP148 has any relevance any more.
Also I don't think BCC will be important. It's not so much a chain split as the birth of another altcoin.
Mr. Green

Activity: 168

I learnt about experts they're experts on fuck all

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:57:09 PM

Like abc can crash shit... The only thing is going to crash in August 1st is bitmain's altcoin and I don't care a bit about that because I will be dumping my ABC's too.
joganuts

Activity: 355

Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:41:00 PM

Yes I totally see your point and I appreciate your detailed reply, it really cleared things up. However, in your theory only the weak hands will get hurt and they deserve to as always. There will indeed be manipulation through this time, people who buy and sell right away because of fear of it going down. People who hold through all this and buy at cheap prices will still end up on top when the market is inflated again.

I guess the lesson here is to think like the big boys (whales) to avoid getting screwed.
There is quite a lot if speculation and hypothesis about what may happen on incoming August 1st or the Segwit. But if you will just continue on just speculating things and over viewing scenarios nothing will happen it could be better if you will just take time on updating yourself for the information about what could possibly happen or what will happen on August 1st. The best way to do is to be ready and expect some thing so you could prepare for the possibilities.

flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:43:07 PM

August 1st will be a non event. I think all this FUD and spam is going to hurt Bitcoin in the long run. Be careful for what you wish for.

Bitmain did a lot of money with their manipulation.

1st august will be nothing, real next move will be in November. In the meantime bitcoin will rise again.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:55:36 PM

HODL! is the word of the day everyday!

Never sell through a panic market! Always hold and stay strong, re-invest more and buy LOW when it drops!

Managed to bank a hefty 3k$ in the last 2 weeks, quite happy.

This thread has some insight on markets, tradings but all of this is mainly on your gutt feeling.

Remember its 50/50%... It can go either way, but I just expect it to rise especially now that we know that BTC will not be splitting investors are really
interested in pumping the markets.
I strongly agree with you. That’s the smartest strategy of playing safe and sound in the crypto market. Nothing is wise than buying coins especially bitcoins at low prices and selling them off at high rate. You just need to trust your coins and keep them in wallets when the prices are in the red area of graph. I believe that after Segwit, prices will utterly increase.
shade_wrath

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:32:40 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 01:35:38 AM by shade_wrath

What I foresee is a bull-trap .. just before a major dump and price fall ... Market seems to be gathering some strength but not very long ..
Investors will definitely don't want to be a place where they are not sure how BCC or BTC will perform after split. It is all speculations where people want you to HOLD your bitcoins and dump BCC, but you never know and market can go totally opposite and balance BTC/BCC values.

Savik

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:29:51 AM

The top 0.1% of all BTC addresses control over 69% of available BTC. Decentralized? Lolololol!

https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

The other 99.9% of us are just playing with scraps. #OccupyBTC  Tongue

Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:55:04 PM

This is what is happening right now because of BTC/BCC FUD:

1. The rich already have enough supply of BTC. The rich also have initiated the dump of altcoins and is pumping BTC to make the herd think that the herd will "profit" from the BTC/BCC split. Herd thinks - Hey, who doesn't want to have another clone coin that may rise in value? Logical isn't it?
2. The herd follows by dumping their positions in altcoins to join the BTC/BCC split bandwagon. The rich are picking up the dumped altcoins as we speak. The herd already took a loss in the alt coin conversion to BTC.
3. Come August 1, the price of legacy BTC will split with the price of BCC. This is what happens if there is a stock split, whatever the value of the stock is, it goes down relative to the split or stock dividend. Probably BTC=1900-2300, BCC = 400-800.
4. Both BTC and BCC will be dumped by the rich again and will again pump the altcoins. The herd panics and sells both their BTC and BCC, again at a loss, then goes into altcoins. The rich will pick it up again BTC & BCC or support only one to confuse the market.
5. Once the altcoins have gone up, rich dumps again, the herd panics and sells again. Off to another cycle. Herd will lose 50-80% of their holdings from step 1. Rich gain 200% or more.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
Redaxo

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:39:06 PM

This is what is happening right now because of BTC/BCC FUD:

1. The rich already have enough supply of BTC. The rich also have initiated the dump of altcoins and is pumping BTC to make the herd think that the herd will "profit" from the BTC/BCC split. Herd thinks - Hey, who doesn't want to have another clone coin that may rise in value? Logical isn't it?
2. The herd follows by dumping their positions in altcoins to join the BTC/BCC split bandwagon. The rich are picking up the dumped altcoins as we speak. The herd already took a loss in the alt coin conversion to BTC.
3. Come August 1, the price of legacy BTC will split with the price of BCC. This is what happens if there is a stock split, whatever the value of the stock is, it goes down relative to the split or stock dividend. Probably BTC=1900-2300, BCC = 400-800.
4. Both BTC and BCC will be dumped by the rich again and will again pump the altcoins. The herd panics and sells both their BTC and BCC, again at a loss, then goes into altcoins. The rich will pick it up again BTC & BCC or support only one to confuse the market.
5. Once the altcoins have gone up, rich dumps again, the herd panics and sells again. Off to another cycle. Herd will lose 50-80% of their holdings from step 1. Rich gain 200% or more.

Nearly a 100% match on my thoughts.

Preparing to buy altcoins right after the August 1st
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: