Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:36:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WE ALL HAVE TO SAY NO TO UNCAPPED ICOs  (Read 608 times)
realistic1 (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:49:22 AM

The problem with these open uncapped ICOs is there is little profit to be had for investors and huge over the top profits for developers.

Just like we normally look down and cry scam if a coin has a large premine we have to attack and call out developers for uncapped ICO offers. And threaten to boycott the shameless money grabbing of some projects.

I have no problem with developers making money but when they get the entire fucking market cap of a coin you got to say fuck them!

Imagine a POW coin saying a few years back we want a fucking 100% premine. That's basically what we have as a community accepted.

So let's as a community say NO TO UNCAPPED ICOs  

Tezos could of for example made a cap at 50m. They make money, the quickest investors make money and everyone wins. And no fucking venture capital allocations!!!
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:34:15 AM

We have to say no to capped ICOs..

No small investors are benefitting from ICOs that sell out in 20 sec with blockchains crashing because there are a couple of thousand transactions in those seconds..

Capped ICOs cause FOMO and over investing.
Anno MMXVI

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:58:18 AM

Uncapped ICOs are a bad thing, because they lead to overinvesting, totally misused. Being faster than other people is what make it funny !
stoniestfool

Activity: 234

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:35:01 PM

WE ALL HAVE TO SAY NO TO  ICOs
xys9ik0p

Activity: 118

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:39:15 PM

WE ALL HAVE TO SAY NO TO  ICOs

agree i got no benefit or usage from any current ico or coins that is on market except bitcoins
nogoodcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:44:34 PM

Ok , let's say no to uncapped icos, let's say no to Tezos, let's say no to scam icos.
And also , never invest all you money in one ico.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
miningnew

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:48:22 PM

We have to say no to capped ICOs..

No small investors are benefitting from ICOs that sell out in 20 sec with blockchains crashing because there are a couple of thousand transactions in those seconds..

Capped ICOs cause FOMO and over investing.

No benefit for 20 sec ICO ? What about BAT ? It sold out in 2 minutes and did +200% when it hit the exchange ...
Uncapped ICO lead to a waste of money.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:54:53 PM

I agree but i would take it a step further and say avoid ICO's all together.
Sadly this should be common sense but.. well.. greed.

FUD first & ask questions later™
ClaraLuV

Activity: 236

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:02:41 PM

That is a good point,there must be a minimum cap for every crowd fund and what is the point in collecting unlimited money and that too far more than they needed for their projects,one thing i am sure is that all the projects are getting far more than they actually need for the real development,we need to draw a line on what must be the cap.

Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:10:10 PM

Unfortunately we have nothing to do with these ICOs, simply you can avoid investing in them, even though there are more important factors to look at other than the hardcap, such as the team, the targeted industry, the potential.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:17:43 PM

People are free to invest in what they want. I will only invest in fixed stake, low cost, NEM style airdrops in the future. If whales want to give a bunch of people millions of dollars for empty promises, more power to them. It doesn't take a rocket science to figure out these developers are going to take the money and run, in large part.  I'm not faulting them, after all I sold almost my entire NEM stake while the getting was good, I'm saying be careful with your investments and don't become emotionally attached to them.
overnightmillionaire

Activity: 184

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 09:33:49 PM

NO TO UNCAPPED ICOs!

Ok now what happens?

RedNovember

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:28:36 PM

ICOs are a brilliant idea but the execution has been very bad lately

People buying up millions and reselling for x3 when it launches on an exchange

People got greedy as fkc
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:55:40 AM

ICOs are a brilliant idea but the execution has been very bad lately

People buying up millions and reselling for x3 when it launches on an exchange

People got greedy as fkc
Agree, What ICOs roadmap is executed? I think more developers just make money from selling token. After that, I am not sure, do they realize the roadmap? Only a few that can make the project into reality. I sometimes wonder , with million USD to execute PPC adnetwork like adsense need a year. I think it needs only a month to execute. Why need a year or more? I don't understand.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:27:17 AM

Unfortunately we have nothing to do with these ICOs, simply you can avoid investing in them, even though there are more important factors to look at other than the hardcap, such as the team, the targeted industry, the potential.

Or i don't know what it is ?  Cheesy

AKA: the premise (currency? LOL)

You are all so fucking greedy it's making you stupid.  Roll Eyes
Important factors ?

So cook up any scheme and as long as it has a "good" dev teak behind it then it's ok ?
That is like saying hey lets "CROWD FUND" a Rape-Machine that molests little children.
Hey no problem.. dev team.. target industry and what not  Cheesy

I don't know whether to laugh or cry half the time.
This forum is showcasing a historic level of stupidity on the web i had no idea even existed.
It's sad & yet amusing at the same time.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: