Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:05:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cause of Bitcoin Drop (7/14/2017)  (Read 3636 times)
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:16:27 PM

I see a sharp drop on bitcoin and not only btc but also other alt coins including eth, xrp, ltc, xmr
What cause bitcoin drop now?
or should I say the sudden coin drop of all.
Can anyone share some news?

Should I buy now?
It's pretty low already or wait for a while.

thanks guys.

Its normal nothing really to worry about. If you are planning to buy this would be the perfect time, each time it drops buy little and little. The reason is very obvious people are confused and sacred of August 1st.they just don't know what's going to happen and they are running here and there and selling it in panic, that has led to more supply than demand and that's why the fall. Till august 1st the fall will continue, then Boom Boom rise.
I agree with your premise, Definitely the right time to buy bitcoins with prices so low, am sure it may go below the $2000 mark and thats going to be bad and even the Segwit has not been implemented yet, There is some serious trouble ahead in the bitcoins world now and its not going to stop anytime soon.

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:20:33 PM

I see a sharp drop on bitcoin and not only btc but also other alt coins including eth, xrp, ltc, xmr

Should I buy now?

thanks guys.

All current circumstances are very deteriorating. We know that all this is an impact from the 1st of August. Honestly maybe i want the existing bitcoin like now. Segwit just destroys the current bitcoin value. Nothing is good and many people suffer losses because of this action.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:28:09 PM

What I don't get is if you re afraid of Aug 1, why don't u people exit BTC and get into alts. Do you really think all crypto s cease to exist in 2 weeks?

I don't think it will. We ve had this before.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
minime

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:43:59 PM

What I don't get is if you re afraid of Aug 1, why don't u people exit BTC and get into alts. Do you really think all crypto s cease to exist in 2 weeks?

they dont belive in alts btc or cash...
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:48:59 PM

2000 usd and the fall continues  Cheesy
Ruderalis

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:58:16 PM

I think that the prices it's going to be dropping until Aug 1, then he will continue his ascent to the top  Smiley
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:02:19 PM

they dont belive in alts btc or cash...

Really, so they dont believe in crypto? So why the fuck did they get into crypto at the first place?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
dennyd999

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:04:45 PM

Have bought BTC at this price..If fall more will by more latter.

mayax
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Have bought BTC at this price..If fall more will by more latter.

150-200 usd would be a great price Smiley
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:55:49 PM

The causes of bitcoin's price was drop is the activation of segwit2x will happen, many people are fear because of it. And many people makes prediction the activation of segwit2x on bitcoin's network will be fail.
So the people who are fear they sell the bitcoins, the other reasons why bitcoin's price drop because of speculation from the traders that looking for profit from fluctuation of bitcoin's price.
panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 01:58:40 PM

Should I buy now?

thanks guys.

Maybe it is better to buy bitcoins right now because of its price drop. Do not be too much worried of what will happen after the Segwit2x fork. We still have to wait after that moment to see if there will be a large effect on the current price value of bitcoin. We just need to hope for the best and do not believe yet on speculations until it was proven as true and reliable
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:01:19 PM

Stoop looking for causes, the market just goes up and down, ignore it. If you belive in bitcoin you believe in it regardless of the price.

Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 02:05:55 PM

Should I buy now?

thanks guys.

If you will watch and observe it might be a great opportunity to buy bitcoin now because of its current price value dump. We must consider it as a positive way to gain more assets. Yet it is quite alarming because of the sudden price fall but we are still hoping that after the Segwit2x fork, everything will go back to normal especially the bitcoin or the best thing to think is that after the said event it will now reach our dream goal: to have bitcoin's highest price peak to happen.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:06:16 PM

A lot of things to name some:

- Mt. Gox, a drop happens most of the time when a big exchange goes bankrupt.

- Fear for a chain split, people selling massive amounts bitcoins

- AlphaBay getting shutdown, demand of illegal goods goes down so does bitcoin.
mayax
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:16:56 PM

Stoop looking for causes, the market just goes up and down, ignore it. If you belive in bitcoin you believe in it regardless of the price.

bitcoin  is not GOD to believe in...  Grin

bitcoin is an e-currency which is manipulated by the biggest exchangers with their bots. it's a fact and everybody seems to ignore it.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 2148

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:18:23 PM

What I think is causing all this huge dump in bitcoin is the pre segwit anticipation. Since a hard fork is happening, there are heaps of conspiracies of how this is when bitcoin will die. Then people are add to the drop by selling and rebuying when it drops even more

Then why all other possible altcoins are losing their ground too? Just take a quick glimpse here: https://coinmarketcap.com/
Besides some random occasional niche pump of 3 altcoins whole market seems to be crumbling.
This crazy decline can't be caused only by unclear situations of bitcoin scaling, BTC is simply not influential enough.

Alts are mostly traded against BTC, so when BTC falls, their USD price also falls, but if you switch to alts/BTC, you'll see that they have changed only a few percent up or down. Also, alts are in their own bear market for the last couple of weeks, and many of them dropped 2-3 times after reaching all time high. The most obvious explanation is that it was a bubble, fueled by ICO's and Ethereum. So, USD value of alts is tied to Bitcoins price, but their BTC value is more independent.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 02:22:14 PM

Bitcoin 1.8k USD support line will be broken, I am sure but even then, I am not afraid of what is coming. Even if there is a fork, it will not be the end of Bitcoin, only an extra blockchain will come and there will be two prices on the market. Each chain will get it's supporters and investors that will rally behind them and that will be it. It blows my mind to think people are panicking over what might or might not happen.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
kabit9

Activity: 853
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:42:39 PM

Bitcoin 1.8k USD support line will be broken, I am sure but even then, I am not afraid of what is coming.

Why are you so sure 1.8k support will break?

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:32:15 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2017, 04:38:54 PM by Victorycoin

The drop is because bitcoin is useless..

Perhaps I should say welcome back to planet earth, because you seem oblivious of how Bitcoin  have pioneered a revolution in the financial sector that ICOs could now so easily raise hundreds of millions of dollars all too soon they're up for grabs regardless they're springing up like mushroom everyday.

Now a landmark event is in view for Bitcoin and evidently the steam is turned down as most bitcoiners are marking time and evidently you can see the spiral effect on the altcoins. If Bitcoin were half as useless as you hinted, one would have expected money to flow into altcoins from Bitcoin, but what do we have - common heritage. Whatever affects Bitcoin goes to affect all.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:39:54 PM

There was half a year of only price rises. What did you expect to happen?

A good healthy correction was much needed to get a new solid floor again. I would prefer eternal rises as well, but that is not how markets work. As long as the year long trends remain upwards, I have no problem with it. Its my retirement plan, not drive a lambo this year plan.

We could be at $10000 right now if BIP141 activated as it should have, but no, Roger Ver, Jihan Wu and the rest of the corporate takeover camp had to come and ruin Bitcoin's amazing performance. Now we are going to crash, and we are going to crash big, thanks to them. They are the most hated people in the environment, we need to get rid of them.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: