Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:58:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer rebooted, wallet doesnt work anymore  (Read 280 times)
HeartDriven (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 02:26:22 PM

Had a blackout and now my computer cant even open my Colossuscoin CV2 and Cryptojack wallets, I didn't save the dat file (very big mistake!). Did I lose the coins? Is there any way I can get it back? What can I do? please any ideas?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:10:27 PM

Had a blackout and now my computer cant even open my Colossuscoin CV2 and Cryptojack wallets, I didn't save the dat file (very big mistake!). Did I lose the coins? Is there any way I can get it back? What can I do? please any ideas?

First face up to the idea that your coins are probably completey lost.
However, if you look at the application data you might be able to recover the private keys (also, it seems a bad idea that a wallet would not save your private keys somewhere on your computer so it may be saved somewhere anyway).
HeartDriven (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:30:48 PM

However, if you look at the application data you might be able to recover the private keys (also, it seems a bad idea that a wallet would not save your private keys somewhere on your computer so it may be saved somewhere anyway).

I see the data in the roaming folder. I noticed a wallet.dat file in both colossuscoin and cryptojacks folder looks like it was autosaved. Synchronizing both wallets right now and going to try and use these wallet.dat files
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:37:54 PM

I see the data in the roaming folder. I noticed a wallet.dat file in both colossuscoin and cryptojacks folder looks like it was autosaved. Synchronizing both wallets right now and going to try and use these wallet.dat files

Great!
If you get a problem post it here and I'll see if I can help with anything - although it should probably work fine now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: