Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:28:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Characteristics of a successful ICO and Populous  (Read 373 times)
AshCoins (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:18:56 PM

I've been following the ICOs very closely for the last month and invested in 5 or 6.  It seems pretty much all the ICOs in the last month have been successful for the companies but not for investors, with the exception of Populous.  What was different about Populous that resulted in the post ICO price increasing?

As far as I can tell they used a similar crowdfunding model with a pre-ico and bounties.  They seem to have a legit idea for making money and a decent team, but so do several other ICOs that haven't faired well. They went to exchanges quickly like the other ICOs.  So what was different about this particular offering that they could make money for investors when the rest of the crypto markets are trending down?
satoshforever

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:06:13 PM

imo that's too much of a short term view, more interesting to see where these companies will be in 6-18 months
AshCoins (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 06:14:38 PM

imo that's too much of a short term view, more interesting to see where these companies will be in 6-18 months

True but the fact remains that you would have been better off investing in the secondary market than in the ICO for every offering I'm aware of since late June except Populous.  So I'm just wondering what made Populous so special.
okkez

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 06:48:37 AM

Cause pre sale sold out completely, the ico, which would be today won't happen. So ye alot ppl missed out buying Populous and that makes more demand = higher price
There were only about 1000 Ppt owners from presale
collin_thompson

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 07:10:38 AM

Yeah I think everything will come out in the wash in 18 months from now. Especially for teams that havent really built thier platform yet. I suspect there will be team shuffles, people quitiing, but some that get it in the can and have some long term viability with thier projects.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: