Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:36:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Message: "Select no more than 5 boards at a time"  (Read 487 times)
galaxy5user (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:33:35 AM

What does it means? What I have to select, if I just trying to search something?!
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:27:05 AM

Check and read this explanation from Theymos:
The contextual search in the upper right searches the board you're on and all subboards. If this results in more than 5 boards, but less than all boards, then you get that error (recently-added for performance reasons).

If you want to search the entire forum, you can go to the search page or to the front page. The limitation I added is that you can either search all boards, or limit it to 1-5 boards. But you can't limit it to 10 boards, for example.
bs.glory

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:13:40 AM

I can't barely even understand what does it seem supposed to "Select no more than 5 boards at a time". I'm having a hard time figuring out on this, it does hard to search on bitcoin's search engine. I can't find topics which I was lost to read, and now I wanted to read them again Sad They need to fix this soon out.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 7040

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 12:27:39 AM

I can't barely even understand what does it seem supposed to "Select no more than 5 boards at a time". I'm having a hard time figuring out on this, it does hard to search on bitcoin's search engine. I can't find topics which I was lost to read, and now I wanted to read them again Sad They need to fix this soon out.
It's not that hard to understand. When you try to search on the front page, you are searching on all boards of the forum.

For example, try to open the "Economics" board and do a search there. You will only be searching on 2 boards (the board you are and their Child Boards)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TomPlatz

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:35:55 PM

It's the usual lack of time spent on explaining things they dont want you to do as you are supposed to "just know" wtf is going on. Very poor software always has these types of issues as they just cant be bothered taking another couple of steps to show people. This is evident by the fact more than one person asks the same question. You would wonder why even dangle the carrot with a search box if this is the only result. Talk about "folks are dumb where I come from" type of programming.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:53:36 PM

theymos language was pretty clear, basically if you want to search the WHOLE forum go to the main search page or go on google, type what you want to search and then "site:bitcointalk.org" in front of it.

It's the usual lack of time spent on explaining things they dont want you to do as you are supposed to "just know" wtf is going on. Very poor software always has these types of issues as they just cant be bothered taking another couple of steps to show people. This is evident by the fact more than one person asks the same question. You would wonder why even dangle the carrot with a search box if this is the only result. Talk about "folks are dumb where I come from" type of programming.

The software isn't poor. It's just very, very old software which happens to be heavily modified with a focus on security increase. It's hard to migrate to something more recent when there are heavy mods. People ask the same question mainly because they don't search for things. If you see something asked twice, search for the first time it was asked when you encounter the second and you'll see what I mean.
All that being said, new forum software is being worked on as we speak.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2977

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 11:58:27 PM

If you are in homepage of bitcointalk forum expect that you will receive that thing first you can do if you are searching the topic you want make sure you know the category of your choice like goto bitcoin discussion click that now you can use the search button about the topic you want to find.

And the other alternative that you can use to search if you can see the magnifying in the left side of search button above just click it and use the google to search what you want to find and its working for me perfectly when searching something here in forum..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████