Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:21:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Something is setting up with the market  (Read 3456 times)
bornloser (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:57:54 PM

I have been glancing of the minute by minute trades on Mt Cox over the last couple days. I know we have been trading sideways, but it almost has that "feel" that something is being set up. Looking at some of the larger (500+) coin trades, sells and buys, the price really isnt getting affected as much as it has in the past and on top of that there is hardly any volume, which you would think would exacerbate the price even more? The price is staying in a super tight range. It reminds me when I used to trade stocks and there would be a huge sell off and the price of the stock would open lower and stay at the same low give or take a dollar all day. Huge blocks would sell and the price stayed relatively flat. You know It was the market maker sitting there buying buying and goosing the market and letting it go a little bit at a time so he slowly unloaded probably the majority of what he bought as the buyer of last resort. I have no idea if this is consolidating for a move up or down. What do you guys think?
wonkytonky

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:04:30 PM

I have been glancing of the minute by minute trades on Mt Cox over the last couple days. I know we have been trading sideways, but it almost has that "feel" that something is being set up. Looking at some of the larger (500+) coin trades, sells and buys, the price really isnt getting affected as much as it has in the past and on top of that there is hardly any volume, which you would think would exacerbate the price even more? The price is staying in a super tight range. It reminds me when I used to trade stocks and there would be a huge sell off and the price of the stock would open lower and stay at the same low give or take a dollar all day. Huge blocks would sell and the price stayed relatively flat. You know It was the market maker sitting there buying buying and goosing the market and letting it go a little bit at a time so he slowly unloaded probably the majority of what he bought as the buyer of last resort. I have no idea if this is consolidating for a move up or down. What do you guys think?

this is bitcoin.. there's always something being set up Smiley   

Whatever. And no you haven’t been in bitcoin since 2010. Plus if you really feel the way you do. Then sell. Have conviction. If not keep pounding sand.
bornloser (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:19:41 PM

[/quote]

this is bitcoin.. there's always something being set up Smiley   
[/quote]

could you elaborate?
CoinBomb

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 09:29:17 PM

did someone mention bombs? Cool

Promote our site for no risk BTC / LTC profit! 1% gross profit, LTC/BTC payments weekly. Click through for more details.
BubbleBoy

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:34:38 PM

"Sideways" is a movement that can be recognized only in retrospect. What we see here is that the reflexive market believes about itself that it has settled for a price around 115 and it cancels the sideways motion, acting as a faux market maker.

IMHO this price is not sustainable without a bubble, china hype, ATMs... as the market will soon realize.

████
              ▄▄████▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
     ▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
   ▄████▀                  ▀████▄
  ▐███▀                      ▀███▌
 ▐███▀   ████▄  ████  ▄████   ▀███▌
 ████    █████▄ ████ ▄█████    ████
▐███▌    ██████▄████▄██████    ▐███▌
████     ██████████████████     ████
████     ████ ████████ ████     ████
████     ████  ██████  ████     ████
▐███▌    ████   ████   ████    ▐███▌
 ████    ████   ████   ████    ████
 ▐███▄   ████   ████   ████   ▄███▌
  ▐███▄                      ▄███▌
   ▀████▄                  ▄████▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀████▀▀
                ████
MIDEX
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ GET TOKENS ▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM                                # WEB ANN + Bounty <
with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers           > Telegram Facebook Twitter Blog #
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:51:47 PM

Well, there are more and more people interested in combating volatility... more market-making bots being run... Perhaps they are succeeding at the moment.

I suggest to take off every zig.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:12:04 PM

Just remember it isn't a bad thing to take some profits.

Taking a loss is different though.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:28:12 PM

think people are just waiting on some more news good or bad before making moves.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Frozenlock

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:32:40 PM

Just remember it isn't a bad thing to take some profits.

Taking a loss is different though.

Isn't a bad thing to cut your losses either (if any of you bought +$120).  Wink
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:32:56 PM

Whatever it is, we can only hope it's for Great Justice

Edit:  lulz @ "Mt Cox"

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
bornloser (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:08:15 AM

I can't help myself. I look at bitcoins like i look at stocks and I shouldn't. Two completely different animals. My gut says we go higher. And the only reason I think this is because, whether it be the big money or exchanges, its in their best interest to keep everything as positive as possible to keep new money coming in and existing money invested in coins to stay that way. Just my 2c.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:23:44 AM

there's a big conference in a week - if things look positive this should push the prices up, way up.
i thought bubbleboy was done with bitcoins and unto better things to do with his time

ok
Frozenlock

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:28:33 AM

there's a big conference in a week - if things look positive this should push the prices up, way up.

How would that influence the price in any way?
Those going to the conference are already Bitcoin zealots.

Are they going to buy by the buckets just because there was some good news?
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:33:17 AM

Yeah I wouldn't expect any sharp rises due only to the conference.  From what I remember previous successful conferences had little effect on the price in the short term.  In my opinion the most value the conferences have are the networking opportunity they present to the people that build the infrastructure around bitcoins.  People meet and come up with ideas, then it takes time for those ideas to be collaborated on and hopefully eventually made a reality, but all that can take awhile.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 01:39:33 AM

Somebody set up us the bomb.

make your time

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:22:51 AM

Take off every zig!
xavier

Activity: 260

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:35:48 AM

Well u got used to a bubble, an influx of new people moving money to gox

Now the hype is over there is nobody to buy. Only sellers who bought in high anxiously watching the price hoping it will go up.

What has happened is we moved from a bull to a bear market. As people realize volumes are not going anywhere for the timebeing, the price will continue trending downwards.
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:37:35 AM

nothing wrong with a consolidation period before the next leg up...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
ronaldlee0917

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:20:44 AM

There will be increased media coverage.

Donation:    18zXsfnSvGjQFJ6pEiKMg2uWGcxUCfJLzu
Mastercoin - A new protocol layer built on top of Bitcoin
Frozenlock

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:35:48 AM

There will be increased media coverage.

So? This will be but a drop in the ocean of last month's coverage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: