View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:11:29 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2013, 06:26:35 PM by Excelsior

intr0

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:39:01 PM

When I can by stuff at stores, give it 5 - 10 years. Payment processors are around the corner. Shouldnt long be for they end up at novelty stores
NutCoin

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 09:42:32 PM

I'd be a little skeptical about assuming that they will become mainstream.

For me, Cryptos will go mainstream the moment they become centrally regulated and big brands feel safe adopting them as legitimate payment methods.
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 10:23:05 PM

i think in bout 3.5 years

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
evershawn

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Vod is a liar

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:37:51 PM

This will happen sooner than most people think. The media coverage is helping to catapult the idea of crypto currency in to the eyes of entrepreneurs and merchants alike.
NutCoin

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 10:52:01 PM

You should all know by now that a few days of media hype does very little for long term 'sticking power'.

This shit has to work and be taken up by major corporations. They simply won't do that if it's associated with drug purchasing and gun dealing.
intr0

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:50:33 AM

You should all know by now that a few days of media hype does very little for long term 'sticking power'.

This shit has to work and be taken up by major corporations. They simply won't do that if it's associated with drug purchasing and gun dealing.

people are buying guns and drugs with "regular" currencies everyday.
BtcBling

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:59:18 AM

Adpotion rate goes country by county - currently northern european countries are leading - Finland number one. First tech people takes it, then it spreads through media and online shops to other. Easier wallet apps will help a lot. However dark money is starting to get really in... and when it comes it alone increases demand quite remarkably... and it is not someone buing a bit of w**d - but western word does not actually matter when people in India start using bitcoins widely - why? Chep, fast, lot of people without bank accounts, microtransactions - no problem! And china... Real mass adpotion power and value for bitcoins comes from Asia.

helipotte

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:03:29 AM

Bitcoin ATM machines. Smiley https://bitcoinatm.com/
BtcBling

Activity: 211

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:33:28 AM

That´s really hot thing, hopefully they can get those widelly installed.

smdesign28

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:40:36 AM

Software HAS to get more user-friendly for ordinary folk like me. I actually just got finished bitching about this on another post. Even the "user-friendly" stuff has a long way to go.
mvidetto

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:42:34 AM

I don't think anyone can definitively say.  This is because many people on the outside view the currency as purely speculative and all of the hackers looking to steal money from people certainly degrade peoples' confidence in the coin.  Increasing the monetary base behind bitcoin will decrease volatility in the long run and as volatility decreases more and more merchants will begin using it is a method of payment.  As a society we need to be accept it as a whole and treat it like another currency.  
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 03:08:14 AM

I don't know if they'll ever become mainstream, but if they do I would assume around 4 years.
Menelik

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:44:25 AM

Nice. I might see about installing one in a bar near by or something... If I had bitcoins or cash to spend like that. I swear I would.
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:26:40 AM

How many years?

Hard to say should not be  a whole lot of years away though.  Several large companies have begun to notice, and I think once one adopts it we may see something of a domino effect as other companies try to keep up with such payment flexibility.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
gambit1

Activity: 980
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 09:07:59 AM

The bitcoin economy needs to be built from the ground up so it will take a long time. The good things is that the good people here can help build that economy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: