Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:37:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappointed in standards of experienced Bit coiners  (Read 348 times)
Jackatwo (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 07:44:01 PM

I have been seriously researching the Bitcoin forums and websites of various coins and have been reading through the forums.

Now tell me if I am wrong, but in all these places of so-called professionalism, there is a stigma of untrustworthiness towards newbies and juniors alike.

Now all you professionals (who think you are) seem to have no time for others like the newbies and juniors alike, you seem to forget where you come from, you were also once a newbie, then a junior and time has given you to being a senior.

Even though some of you take the time to help others, which is great, others just stand back and become critical to others.

I feel inferior, intimidated and to bloody scared to come into some of these forums just to ask what I think is a complicated question, but what you think is an easy question because you most likely asked about it years ago.

A lot of people do not want to ask these questions or become active in forums purely out what professional/experienced Cryptocurrency members say about them, Untrustworthy, hell I take offence to that, even this web site uses this term on its new members.

I received a message from a member, so I replied to him and as I wanted to keep all my messages, I had the message come to my inbox and saw this planted right across the top of the message to him

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

I felt very ashamed, so thank you for allowing that to be a header on my messages, I will now no longer send messages.

It will not matter what you say to change my mind for that either, I am disgusted with this website for allowing such a comment on their private messaging.

The wording could have been more diplomatic if your concerned about spammers/scammers/frauds/ or imposters,

I have a hobby which I love doing and that is hunting paedophiles and scammers to me they are both as dirty as the other is,

As for Cryptocurrency, this is a new thing for me, it is mainly to keep my old mind active and play the game of investing long term.

To me some of these coins are started from people who give up on them after a while, to which I consider this will happen to them all their lives,
These are the people you should be warning people us about and having a special page for scammers and the wallets they own.

As for the newbies and juniors and take another step to warn people without hurting or intimidating your new members.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
izza123

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:02:08 PM

You are taking it too personally buddy. I think you need to step back and take a deep breath. The policies of the site aren't a personal attack on you, put in the time as a newbie and youll get there like everybody else.
darkenedsoul

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

Genesis Team™

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 03:36:08 AM

I have been seriously researching the Bitcoin forums and websites of various coins and have been reading through the forums.

Now tell me if I am wrong, but in all these places of so-called professionalism, there is a stigma of untrustworthiness towards newbies and juniors alike.

Now all you professionals (who think you are) seem to have no time for others like the newbies and juniors alike, you seem to forget where you come from, you were also once a newbie, then a junior and time has given you to being a senior.

Even though some of you take the time to help others, which is great, others just stand back and become critical to others.

I feel inferior, intimidated and to bloody scared to come into some of these forums just to ask what I think is a complicated question, but what you think is an easy question because you most likely asked about it years ago.

A lot of people do not want to ask these questions or become active in forums purely out what professional/experienced Cryptocurrency members say about them, Untrustworthy, hell I take offence to that, even this web site uses this term on its new members.

I received a message from a member, so I replied to him and as I wanted to keep all my messages, I had the message come to my inbox and saw this planted right across the top of the message to him

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

I felt very ashamed, so thank you for allowing that to be a header on my messages, I will now no longer send messages.

It will not matter what you say to change my mind for that either, I am disgusted with this website for allowing such a comment on their private messaging.

The wording could have been more diplomatic if your concerned about spammers/scammers/frauds/ or imposters,

I have a hobby which I love doing and that is hunting paedophiles and scammers to me they are both as dirty as the other is,

As for Cryptocurrency, this is a new thing for me, it is mainly to keep my old mind active and play the game of investing long term.

To me some of these coins are started from people who give up on them after a while, to which I consider this will happen to them all their lives,
These are the people you should be warning people us about and having a special page for scammers and the wallets they own.

As for the newbies and juniors and take another step to warn people without hurting or intimidating your new members.

Crypto is the Wild West of Scams. Sites take certain precautions to make sure people don't fall into traps. This forum makes it difficult to gain rank, but also on the flipside stresses that rank is not necessarily a sign of trustworthiness. I would recommend getting into Slacks for coins you are invested in. You will typically find a lot more help in real time for less grief.

Jackatwo (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:06:48 PM

Learn how to do research yourself, snowflake.

Fuck off.
wow so colourful language,
when you say "learn how to research yourself,"  do you mean you take offence at me doing the following....(I have a hobby which I love doing and that is hunting paedophiles and scammers to me they are both as dirty as the other is,)

Hmmmmmm I wonder???
MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:17:29 PM

Some seniors stay too much longer and spend more time to get their rank, and I think that some of them are tired answering question that came from a newbies or low rank because they already answered it a couple of years ago but not all of them cause some still helping newbies to learn more about cryptocurrency.

Jackatwo (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:04:42 PM

Some seniors stay too much longer and spend more time to get their rank, and I think that some of them are tired answering question that came from a newbies or low rank because they already answered it a couple of years ago but not all of them cause some still helping newbies to learn more about cryptocurrency.

yea I am inclined to agree with you, maybe the Bitcoin Forum is slightly out-dated and needs a upgrade, it seems that when reading through some cases of short term members posts, the posts really say very little and they use this to climb the ladder over the last couple of years.

Then again there are other experience members that do help others to learn about how Bitcoin works and give you good detailed information on them.

I remember when Bitcoin first came out about 10 years ago, even as a computer technician I did not understand about it and thought it an elaborate scam.
kicking myself now of course for not taking more notice of it.

But then other technicians who actually bought the bitcoin have left it on their hard drive amongst all the other computer accessories they have collected over time.
one friend in particular has a 1000 coins on a hard drive  and he is still looking for it.
I said that should be easy until he showed me his storeroom of hard drives 1000's of them. lol
Stingraider

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 12:41:14 PM

we should all be respectful especially to new commers and newbies, it's normal not to know things when you first join, but with time things get easier
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: