Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:13:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help I'm locked out of my poloniex account  (Read 543 times)
Welshmaiden (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 08:33:28 PM

Hi please can someone advise me. The battery in my iPad died and I tried to log into my account with my mobile phone. I am new to crypto so I didn't know that I needed to save any codes.
Because of me having to use a different device the it sent a 2fa code which should have come through to my mobile phone. But no code came through to my phone. I can only assume that with me being in the uk I have forgotten to put the country code on my phone number when I registered. Had no problem with coinbase texting me if I used my mobile. I have sent a support ticket to poloniex but I'm really worried that it won't get sorted out. I'm also worried that I will lose all my coins as a result of me not receiving the 2fa code. Via a txt
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:15:59 AM

2FA is done through Google Authenticator not SMS. If you didn't save a backup of the seed - which Polo warned you about - then you need to replace the battery in the iPad. Only other option is to verify your identity with Polo via help desk, which will probably take longer to sort out.
Welshmaiden (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:24:16 AM

Thank you for your reply. I have contacted poloniex. Given them all information they asked for. They said they will get back to me, I've still not heard from them after. How long do you think it will take for them to get back to me. My coins are losing value. X
yefi
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:37:43 AM

It's difficult to say because their support has been very slow lately. They should be responding to tickets faster now, but some people have been waiting weeks for a response.
Welshmaiden (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:51:15 AM

Well they responded last night. After giving them all the info they asked me for. They said they will get back to me. But still have not got back to me. In the mean time all my coin is locked in that account and I'm quickly losing money. Just wish they would get there act together.
Welshmaiden (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:49:57 PM

Is google 2fa code something I can access from my google account. My iPad is now up and running as I've charged the battery up. But when I go into poloniex it still asks for the six digit code. Or is it a code that poloniex has generated themselves.
Welshmaiden (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:24:45 PM

I have been looking into this and I have not activated 2fa on my account at all. So I'm completely baffled how this could have happened. I don't even have an app on my iPad for this. All I did was attempt to log in with my phone instead of my iPad. It appears that poloniex activated it themselves.
yefi
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:21:49 PM

Well, that sounds a bit suspicious. You should have to enable and confirm it before it's activated. I've used different devices including my phone to access the site, and I've never come across this.

Do you check your emails from Polo for logins from new IPs?
Welshmaiden (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:37:14 PM

No I'm certain I didn't activate it. I didn't even know what it was.  Nothing in my emails I was on polo one min and my battery ran out on my iPad. Then I switched to my phone as I was checking my coins at the time. That's when the problems started. I assumed that it was a code sent by text that they where asking for. X
yefi
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:58:42 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if Polo had cocked up your account, but you might want to check the IP addresses in any recent "Successful Login from New IP" emails. Copy and paste the IP into a lookup site that does geo-location and make sure that the country matches yours.
Welshmaiden (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:24:41 PM

I'm out at the moment. But when I get home I'll check it all out properly. I'll get back to you later. Thank you so much for your advice. X
alva5763

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:16:36 PM

My account was frozen by Polonies. Had to add verification to my email access,change poloniex password and add 2FA before it was unlocked. Took 4 weeks to complete as I had to wait 3 weeks for first contact so you are doing better than me.
Welshmaiden (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:24:46 PM

there was a log in on my account which I think was probably me as I had opened the email so if it wasn't me then I would have been alerted straight away. When I did an up geo location on it it came up with several areas. All within a thirty mile radius of my home address. Also same isp as myself. The closest area that came up was about five miles away. So I'm assuming that it's a local exchange that covers a wide area. I do think I have logged in with my phone before. Which is why it's odd as I didn't have that problem before.
Welshmaiden (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

My ticket  is now saying being processed, but they apppear to be completely ignoring my messages now. This is ridiculous as he could have just switched off the 2fa on his side. I'm getting really worried now in case I can't get back into my account.
Welshmaiden (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:01:15 PM

Has anyone else had similar problems to this with poloniex. If so what was your experience and how long did it take for them to sort it all out.  I'm still unable to get into my account. They are still ignoring my messages on my ticket. This is so unprofessional of them. They have all my money in coins locked in there exchange.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: