Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:14:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banks and Bitcoins: Is it possible in th future?  (Read 2122 times)
shannen8

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:16:24 PM

I think it wouldn't be possible.Bitcoin is for online only.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:23:46 PM

Bitcoin show signs of popularity to every people in the world, profitability of it makes me imagine that one day we can deposit and withdraw bitcoins in Banks.
If it happens, my question maybe, is it good or bad? for us bitcoiners, or for bitcoin itself.

In my opinion: what yours?

I think at this time many ico based banks. although I do not really know it. but I think there will always be new innovations about the development of bitcoin and blockchain. this is the era of the digital age.

chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:34:13 PM

Very much possible !!!! Banks have to be made a viable mode for accepting and exchanging bitcoins instead which would definitely be a better way to make major of the digital currencies in reach. The main reason why they both cant work together would be that digital currencies arent controlled by anybody whereas the banks are controlled by regulatory bodies. Definitely it would be a good idea if they both work together which would boost the economy resulting in major investments diversified. Still would wait for the future and see what we have in the store.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:44:57 PM

Very much possible !!!! Banks have to be made a viable mode for accepting and exchanging bitcoins instead which would definitely be a better way to make major of the digital currencies in reach. The main reason why they both cant work together would be that digital currencies arent controlled by anybody whereas the banks are controlled by regulatory bodies. Definitely it would be a good idea if they both work together which would boost the economy resulting in major investments diversified. Still would wait for the future and see what we have in the store.

Not so optimistic. Banks will surely adopt blockchains, thats a work in progress. But im not so sure about bitcoin itself. There are already more "regulation friendly" coins that banks would more quickly adopt. bitcoin is slow, cumbersome, and entirely too volatile to function as this. the trust, in my opinion, is really the only thing keeping bitcoin afloat at this point. and the forks are doing alot to undermine that.

we need to get it together, or we wont survive.
coinfast

Activity: 508
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 04:56:09 PM

All hope the bitcoin will continue to grow and grow in many countries until all can benefit greatly on bitcoin. However I see that it will take a long time since most people use bills in exchange of service and stuffs
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:10:33 PM

Bitcoin show signs of popularity to every people in the world, profitability of it makes me imagine that one day we can deposit and withdraw bitcoins in Banks.
If it happens, my question maybe, is it good or bad? for us bitcoiners, or for bitcoin itself.

Banks are bad because the way that they make money (usually) results in inflation, normally referring to fractional reserve lending which I almost guarantee would happen with Bitcoin if they try to make banks part of the crypto economy. Banks will absolutely be a net-negative and I would highly dislike any kind of banking system becoming normalized. It would be bad for everyone and not any better than how fiat works.
Cloud27

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:45:38 PM

Yes, it is possible. If this happens, remember we are not putting all our bitcoin in the bank. Just like what we are doing today, we don't put all our money in the bank. And it is happening in exchanges today, some of my bitcoin is on a regulated exchange and some are in unregulated exchange. Our purpose in banking is all different, I can put some of my bitcoin in the bank for safety keeping.
Envrin

Activity: 318
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 05:54:42 PM

It seems to me that the bitcoins in the near future will replace the banking system, it will become obsolete and banks will simply have to adjust to it. But it certainly will not play to the benefit of banks. And in general, let's see how it will happen, I'm for bitcoins, because this is a promising minimum. Roll Eyes
ninabobo

Activity: 463

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 06:56:24 PM

I think it's time to follow the development of the digital age.
Maybe the future later, many banks are following bitcoin for several reasons. I don't know like you, let's see the progress.

Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 07:59:43 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 08:56:48 PM by Proton2233

It seems to me that the bitcoins in the near future will replace the banking system, it will become obsolete and banks will simply have to adjust to it. But it certainly will not play to the benefit of banks. And in general, let's see how it will happen, I'm for bitcoins, because this is a promising minimum. Roll Eyes
The banking system never adapts to using bitcoins. Banks can only operate with a predictable assets. They are supported by the government, so the whole system is set to use Fiat. Never a diesel car cannot run on petrol. I think the banks will fight bitcoin because people will not keep their money in banks and they will not have working capital.
Dilladupak

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:36:49 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2017, 12:54:13 AM by Dilladupak

by not cooperating with banks
     so if I think it's better to use it from person to person, if the price will be introduced in the banking sector maybe bitcoin is not beneficial for everyone but if bitcoin and bank will join each other then will lose a lot of work, and then they will leave bitcoin half. and also the banking sector will make bitcoin prices according to their shares.
Rose119

Activity: 502

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:58:58 AM

If that's happen to our future, i can't see any idea to be a bad effect, we need bank to save our money. And alson we need bitcoin to growth our money, well i hope bitcoin will alo safe in the bank if that's happen.
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:51:55 AM

People have been trading, remitting, and saving money, among others at their trusted banks for years. If they have an option to still do the same less double-spending, other transaction costs and time spent falling in line (for some transactions not available online), how resilient would they be? For instance, the current population of OFWs alone (approximately 10 million out of total current population of 92.2 million) would save significant amount and time if they use bitcoin for trading. Risk-averse people who just want to save money may opt to still keep their money in the banks.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:55:33 AM

All hope the bitcoin will continue to grow and grow in many countries until all can benefit greatly on bitcoin. However I see that it will take a long time since most people use bills in exchange of service and stuffs

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Sig spamming on the wrong post champ?

People have been trading, remitting, and saving money, among others at their trusted banks for years. If they have an option to still do the same less double-spending, other transaction costs and time spent falling in line (for some transactions not available online), how resilient would they be? For instance, the current population of OFWs alone (approximately 10 million out of total current population of 92.2 million) would save significant amount and time if they use bitcoin for trading. Risk-averse people who just want to save money may opt to still keep their money in the banks.

If you think you're risk-averse by keeping your money in a bank you are very sadly mistaken and your parents didn't teach you well enough about money and how it really works.
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:13:16 AM

In my opinion, it is possible as there are some banks offered bitcoins directly to their clients. More and more banks may follow and bitcoins will be more accessible to the general public. It is good for bitcoin when more and more people use it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:22:16 AM

The very essence of Bitcoin is to put control of your money into your hands, you are your own bank. To suggest Bitcoin and banks is to throw that all away, they would have control of your coins, and they could track all your purchases which kills the anonymity of Bitcoin.

This is painfully true. That synergy may kill the anonymity of the bitcoin. But then, can Bitcoin truly advance further without the banks? Already most transactions involving the Bitcoin are done through the banks. In Africa, you must convert to fiat before feeling the impact if Bitcoin. It isn't possible yet to do a direct buy of goods with Bitcoin here in Africa. On the deposit and withdrawal thing, it's going to take another technology to come by since Bitcoin is a virtual thing and not physical like dollar or euros.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
pecson134

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:47:39 AM

In my opinion it is quite possible that it may happen but not to the extent that it will be implemented this year. In the coming future it may had the possibility that these two were going to be adjunct to each other but of course with the help of the users and other banks who supports this action. But I think a problem may rise if these two would combine but it can be resolve.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:24:50 AM

I think there will be a lot of space as you said, day by day Bitcoin is getting a familiar and profitable platform for investment and saving, so if the government will approve it as a legal money then the bank may take the chance to be marge with Bitcoin. if this will happen then people will be more involved because of getting security.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 05:28:54 AM

It is not good, because I think bank is against bitcoin so maybe that will not be possible to happen, bank wants bitcoin to disappear and I think they don't want it to stay any longer, they don't want enter cryto world. So I guess this is too impossible to happen.
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

i think it's very hard in this time , maybe in next 5 years after make research , but it's still hard
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: