Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:12:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Q] Who are the old guard coin minters?  (Read 679 times)
anderl (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:26:43 AM

Does anyone know the usernames of the old coin makers or any of the old developers that contributed to the development of bitcoin, litecoin or any features that were introduced in any of the other coins.

I'd like to PM them some questions.  Mostly out of curiosity.  The code can only tell me so much.
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:19:23 AM

Satoshi!! Grin
Gavin andersen for BitCoin
Coblee for LiteCoin
Sunny King for PPCoin
Balthazar (I think) for Nova-coin

anderl (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:21:19 AM

ah thank you.  that helps a great deal.  not sure if I'll get ahold of them but it would be nice if I can figure something out from discussing their work with them.  thanks again.
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:23:00 AM

ah thank you.  that helps a great deal.  not sure if I'll get ahold of them but it would be nice if I can figure something out from discussing their work with them.  thanks again.

You're welcome Smiley

Sunny king and Balthazar seem to be more active on here, so you're more likely to get a response out of them.

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 12:10:55 PM

You are correct, TBX is progenitor of almost all scrypt coins.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 12:32:27 PM

they are back on the front page all trying to figure out how to keep Bitcoin viable , while its a "decentralized Cyrptocurrency" that is ASIC centralized and semi-functioning.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:25:00 PM

One way to look at the developers is to go here https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/network and scroll down, look at the left column.  Those are the people who have forked, developed, pull requested, and possibly made it into the main bitcoin branch.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: