Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:03:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with stress?  (Read 2096 times)
newcoin01

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:19:49 PM

HODL!  Wink Its harder than you think

Yeah it works for me too.
Tradegroup

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:37:35 PM

I just delete all my apps and hide my wallets
medsi2

Activity: 502
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:33:26 AM

HODL!  Wink Its harder than you think

Yeah it works for me too.

The secret is to buy coins that you believe will worth much more in the future.

example: I don't care if price fall from 0.10$ to 0.6$, if I believe that it will worth 1$ in 6 months.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Nascor

Activity: 197

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:03:14 PM

day trading is by definition stressful, since as you've mentioned you have to check prices on a daily basis and make decisions that impact you psychologically

it's especially stressful if it's your full time job

I'd recommend to change from day trading to long term trading, what I mean by that is to invest your money on whatever you believe will have the most value in the future, and forget about it (make sure not to forget your private/public keys though)

If you take the decision that you will not sell within the next, let's say five years, you will have an instanteous relief and the fact that prices are down one day, won't affect you psychologically, as you've already made the decision that you're not gonna sell anytime soon
Gens09

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 12:53:49 PM

I got into altcoin trading just recently, a week or so ago.
Honestly I never dealt with exchanges before and this is all new to me but it's both fun and very stressful. I'm not a big time player, in fact I started out with nothing and just mined some Hush, sold that and bought ARK/Waves/Shift/Espers. I own maybe $500 worth of coins right now lol, but I plan to increase this.
However stress is getting to me. I keep checking the prices, trying to buy low and sell high and I do that at work now as well and even dream about it. I dreamed Espers was getting pumped and my exchange closed Espers trading and I woke up all pissed off and sweaty and cursing the non existent exchange.
I'm not very interested in the tehnology I just want to trade as I find that a lot of fun. But I need to deal with the stress somehow Grin

Checking prices and seeing it go high and low could really be stressful. Maybe just don't get things too much things will soon get better. Just cope. Taking a short break is also great.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:02:08 PM

i eat cake and chocolates when im stressed out
but seriously find a good coin buy low and hold em
thats how you lessen the stress
OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:16:24 PM

Turn off my computer and find a hobby can make me happy in this time, example: I very like watch anime and read manga, when have more stress in trading, I always going to watch a series anime I like or read a manga interesting. It very useful and can helps you forget this stress

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:27:49 PM

Honestly I never dealt with exchanges before and this is all new to me but it's both fun and very stressful. I'm not a big time player, in fact I started out with nothing and just mined some Hush, sold that and bought ARK/Waves/Shift/Espers. I own maybe $500 worth of coins right now lol, but I plan to increase this.
However stress is getting to me. I keep checking the prices, trying to buy low and sell high and I do that at work now as well and even dream about it. I dreamed Espers was getting pumped and my exchange closed Espers trading and I woke up all pissed off and sweaty and cursing the non existent exchange.
I'm not very interested in the tehnology I just want to trade as I find that a lot of fun. But I need to deal with the stress somehow Grin
I don't get clearly why you are being stressful but as i've understand if you want to get otut with that stress of greediness is to uy and shold .Hold the coin you bought that you think havea good price after weeks or months. If you wantto make it increase .Increaee first your ability to trade to get maximize on skills.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
davids

Activity: 735

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:02:08 PM

Rising and falling prices is a natural thing. I hold and plan it for the long term, but the coin I hold must have a good project. Just like me when I started trading, get stressed when the price goes down. When that happens I start leaving trading while to look for something fun out there
DuarteFig

Activity: 169
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 05:13:57 PM

Just try to figure out what the coin is for, what are the team members proposing, why it should increase its value, what are the main obstacles, and be confortable with your investment.

And, of course, as said in the first reply, never put money you can't afford to lose.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:20:50 PM

Firstly do not get upset over price rise/fall. This is tend to happen so you do not have to worry over it. Yes if the price is continuously falling then sell off your holding and buy later when it drops further in this way you will feel better and once price rise you can book profits and set off your loss.

This will help you to distress yourself from this tension and enjoy your personal and family life as well.
Mr.Anonymous

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:22:26 PM

Turn off my computer and find a hobby can make me happy in this time, example: I very like watch anime and read manga, when have more stress in trading, I always going to watch a series anime I like or read a manga interesting. It very useful and can helps you forget this stress
Well this is best choice helps we forget stress in trading. With me, I usually order a tour travel and enjoy some days before recovery my calm to trading again, and it will helps me use old profit from trading too Tongue
Hammonds

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:39:53 PM

Stress comes to all kriptocoin traders, if it comes I prefer to turn off my computer and try to hold back to see the price until the next few months and try to find entertainment in some places. I suggest if you always emphasize in looking up and down prices, you should do long-term trading.
lebitusa

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:46:29 PM

I buy coins and put the limit order for automatic selling. I did not check it often to avoid stress
EastBirth

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:49:00 PM

I try not invest too much untill I know more about what I am doing. I'm stressful times I blast my music as load as it can go on my sound system. Feeling the bass in your cheat is the best feeling ever. But golden rule is not to risk what you cannot afford to lose. So don't invest your rent money.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
lebitusa

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:54:28 PM

If your realized loss is more than 20% of your account, you should definitely stop trading for few weeks
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:30:27 PM

I just delete all my apps and hide my wallets
Oh to bad. We gonna be strong and brave because we need it to take the risk and to finds other way to make things better. We need to do it for us to control emotions.

shams

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:56:58 PM

When I get stress I just do few simple things, First thing I do is Shut Down my Laptop and make myself relax I also try to spend time with my family sometimes I try to watch some comedy movies it also helps me a lot to release some stress.
sixexgames

Activity: 406

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 12:31:48 AM

Ask if anything you do is gonna matter in 100 years. If the answer is "No", then maybe it's not worth stressing about.

tamarindbleu

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:00:09 AM

When I get stress I just do few simple things, First thing I do is Shut Down my Laptop and make myself relax I also try to spend time with my family sometimes I try to watch some comedy movies it also helps me a lot to release some stress.
That's something a good way to eascape the strees. However, it's not a way to prevent the stress. In my opinion, stress can be eliminated if we'll treat everything as easy and we do it one by one. Doing multi tasking cause us stress.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: