Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:11:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yacoin - The Eco-killer  (Read 2931 times)
Hydroponica (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:00:43 AM

Do you guys have any idea, how much electricity it takes, to run enough servers at %100 load, to make it worth while to mine these coins? Just saying, not very green...Not to mention, there's gonna be a lot of unhappy parents, when they get the power bill this month lol

bitdwarf

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:01:38 AM

Do you have any idea of what Point of Stake is?

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:03:02 AM

Actually, I have no clue what that is, but unless it's a completely clean, renewable energy source, I fail to see your point... Please enlighten me...

AzureEngineer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:03:13 AM

I live in the desert, all of my energy comes from solar panels.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:05:17 AM

Actually, I have no clue what that is, but unless it's a completely clean, renewable energy source, I fail to see your point... Please enlighten me...

He means proof of stake.
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:05:20 AM

Well, that certainly clean and renewable, but it'll take a whole lotta yacs, to pay for those solar panels Grin

fishboy

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:05:50 AM

another smear campaign coming up.... he talks about CPU wattage why note discuss GPU wattage in GPU farms for other coins lolz

Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:06:02 AM

He means proof of stake.

Well, that is one ironic fail on his part then lol What is proof of stake?

syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:06:17 AM

do you have any idea, how much money can people make and their kids dont have to starve or rob a old lady?

Kinetic915

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:06:26 AM

thats awesome. send some my way.

Kinetic915

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:06:51 AM

do you have any idea, how much money can people can and their kids dont have to starve or rob a old lady?
what?

Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:07:20 AM

another smear campaign coming up.... he talks about CPU wattage why note discuss GPU wattage in GPU farms for other coins lolz

As a rough estimate, about 250 watts, per 600KH/s....So, how many CPU's to hit 600KH/s??? And this is just a joke thread, by the way. Relax guy Grin

syn999

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:07:28 AM

do you have any idea, how much money can people can and their kids dont have to starve or rob a old lady?
what?

ops missed a word

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 03:07:49 AM

Once someone creates an adaptation for a GPU-miner to work with the N-factor of Yacoin, then we won't use CPUs anymore, so it will become as green as Litecoin.  There's already talks about a Litecoin FPGA, and since Yacoin is scrypt then it could work on those FPGAs, technically.  And it could be made into an ASIC too.  It's as ecofriendly as any other coin, it just is a CPU coin for now.  I think it's a great launch.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:08:03 AM

He means proof of stake.

Well, that is one ironic fail on his part then lol What is proof of stake?

It's a feature of some of the coins that will make it energy efficient in the future. PPCoin was the first to have it and it's why it's listed as a major coin.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-05/7/alternative-cryptocurrencies-guide/viewall

Go to the PPCoin section of this article.
Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:08:05 AM

do you have any idea, how much money can people make and their kids dont have to starve or rob a old lady?

English?

Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:10:10 AM

Once someone creates an adaptation for a GPU-miner to work with the N-factor of Yacoin, then we won't use CPUs anymore, so it will become as green as Litecoin.  There's already talks about a Litecoin FPGA, and since Yacoin is scrypt then it could work on those FPGAs, technically.  And it could be made into an ASIC too.  It's as ecofriendly as any other coin, it just is a CPU coin for now.  I think it's a great launch.

Thus defeating the whole premise and appeal of the coin, and making it more worthless?? People are horny for Yac right now, because it can only be mined by CPU.

AzureEngineer

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:10:54 AM

thats awesome. send some my way.

I'll deliver it to you in one batch during your next local thunderstorm.

My name was simply a play on "Blue Engineer" from Team Fortress. I am not affiliated with Microsoft or the Azure project.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:13:59 AM

Do you guys have any idea, how much electricity it takes, to run enough servers at %100 load, to make it worth while to mine these coins? Just saying, not very green...Not to mention, there's gonna be a lot of unhappy parents, when they get the power bill this month lol

The more aggressive the smear campaign, the more more confident I become in the coin.

Hydroponica (OP)

fml

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:15:08 AM

The more aggressive the smear campaign, the more more confident I become in the coin.

I guess you've missed it's current trading value on Bter then....

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: