Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:08:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinmarketcap delibrately masking volume  (Read 434 times)
rocketron (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:21:32 AM

It appears that Coinmarketcap are masking ETC volume on Huobi and OK Coin.

I have tried to contact them to get it sorted but all efforts have failed. It seems they took a back hander from ETH maxi to hide the volume on ETC trading on those major Chinese Exchanges.

This sort of behavior been going on for a long time. Before coinmarketcap masked Korean exchange volume on the peak pumps on ETC.

Coinmarketcap are gangsters.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:53:59 AM

it really shouldn't matter because nobody looks at volume in coinmarketcap anyways.
people are either newbies going there to see which coin is on top (looking at market capitalization) or are going there to get the links like announcement or where they are traded.

any decent trader stick to the charts on the exchange they are trading at and the charts give you more than enough information for trading.

and besides when they sort coins based on market cap they are already failing!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 12:03:28 PM

I have tried to contact them to get it sorted but all efforts have failed. It seems they took a back hander from ETH maxi to hide the volume on ETC trading on those major Chinese Exchanges.

This sort of behavior been going on for a long time. Before coinmarketcap masked Korean exchange volume on the peak pumps on ETC.

you shouldn't take volume seriously with crypto as most are fake. coinmarketcap is a known eth pump site and is eth bagholder.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
rocketron (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:00:26 PM

Oh i was not aware owners are eth bag holders. Thanks for that
arc45

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:44:05 PM

I use coincap.io. I thought it was more important for a coin to be liquid than to look at volumes, or market cap?
ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:18:39 PM

I thought that it was because those exchanges have no transaction fees. Can someone clarify if this is not right?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: