Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:07:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MinerWatcher - mining rigs monitoring service  (Read 3101 times)
minerwatcher (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:08:13 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 01:56:16 PM by minerwatcher

In 2 words about MinerWatcher...

Control your mining rigs using our service.
You can monitor speeds, temperatures, fans on all your rig!
Your can send commands to any rig(s) anytime! Mass opearions are suppored.
Use commands: Change config, reboot, restart, run any software, update self, update miners.

Supported miners (for current release):
  • Claymore Dual
  • EWBF Zcash
  • ccMiner (tpruvot)
  • Claymore Zcash (new)
  • Ethminer genoil (new)

MinerWatcher User panel screenshots
Rigs list:
https://forum.bits.media/uploads/downloaded/d3oend-8qqsuvp_e5sb-tg_6976f5f4bf81500ef6d8cd570be043d1.png
Dashboard. Charts by config and rigs count:
https://forum.bits.media/uploads/downloaded/9uasz3mvtagndpwoptl22q_893cd5278650c83fcc7ae5121fec0b28.png
Mass configuration of the config, removal of rigs, execution of the remote command, setting the minimum threshold for the deviation of the speed in % for rig reboot.
https://forum.bits.media/uploads/downloaded/ua9ozft7rpkl2n1wkfwd6w_0107be18489bfef68c5fd7f2b4dc32a7.png
New config creation (macros support)
https://forum.bits.media/uploads/downloaded/moie-sylt26j53bjnxywxq_b5dc986380b21dd23f82091f5b4b6371.png
Properties of one of the rigs:
https://forum.bits.media/uploads/downloaded/y62scuqmqyybmjqsejv2lg_bdafbcf91916e06e60cf914a6245b0f4.png
Viewing charts of one of the rigs (total speed, average temperature of the video cards, average fan speed):
https://forum.bits.media/uploads/downloaded/1j2vaut-taw_3ii9d4fxyw_35f7a1f3abfd06aef3a35ae85ae084f0.png

Register FREE right now!!

Quick start:
    * Go to "Sign Up"
    * Go to "My configs"
    * Create new personalized rig configuration by clicking "New config" button
        Name - Config name. Example: Claymore_eth_dcr
        Miner name - Select supported miner
        Currency 1 - Select main currency (use ETH for ethereum classic also)
        Currency 2 - Select additional currency for dual mining (only for claymore dual miner)
        Miner path - Local path to your miner exe (on your miner rig). Relative path will be automatically substituted here when select miner name.
        Miner command line - Command line for "Miner name".
        Example: -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0xe32e31452345253159223233/$rigName/$rigEmail -epsw x (for Claymore dual miner).
        IMPORTANT: You should use $rigName and $rigEmail for substitution corresponding values.

Click update button
    * Create a new rig on My rigs page
        Name - It is worker name at your mining pool. Correspond with $rigName macros in a config file.
        Email - It is worker email at your mining pool. Correspond with $rigEmail macros in a config file.
        Config file - The file with your miner path and command line.
        Comment - It's just a rig label. Example: Asus Rx570 x6
        From number, To number - values for $rigNum local macros. For multiple rigs creation at once.
        Example - Name: rig_$rigNum, From number: 3, To number: 5. The result will be 3 new rigs named rig_3, rig_4 and rig_5. That's it.
        Click Create button
    * You have to copy the token from your new rig. It looks like 0c837fd0c85ed72be27b88a3e29383a9.
    * Download the client and unpack it
    * Open the config.txt in the mwatcher software folder and copy your rig token key there. Save the file.
    * Start the client
    * You need wait few minutes to refresh your stats at the minerwatcher site

Usefull tricks (please, READ this):

* You have to disable miner built-in watchdog or setup it to reboot the rig if error occured! Use option "-r 1" in Claymore. The reboot.bat file (contents: shutdown / r / t 5 / f) should also be in the folder with the miner.
* Make sure that the firewall does not block neither the miner nor the minerwatcher! To do this, either just disable the built-in firewall, or add the above programs to the firewall's whitelist.
* Do not use to much overclocked videocards with this system. Crashes are possible!
* If you download the version of the program with the miners, then you do not even need to specify the path to the exe-miner when creating the config!
* When specifying the name of the miner, the relative path to the exe-miner will be substituted automatically.
   For example, for Claymore it will be miners\claymore_dual\EthDcrMiner64.exe

How to create one config for many rigs very fast?

First of all you need to create a config. Most likely you will need only 1-3 configs on ALL of your rigs!

Let's consider an example - you need to make a config on ZEC pool, for 50 rigs. Each rig has a name of the form rig_1, rig_2 ... rig_50.

Accordingly, the command line looks like this:
--server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --port 3333 --user h7sHdsdiDsdksdfjDKSd9df83jfd2.rig_1 --pass x
--server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --port 3333 --user h7sHdsdiDsdksdfjDKSd9df83jfd2.rig_2 --pass x
--server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --port 3333 --user h7sHdsdiDsdksdfjDKSd9df83jfd2.rig_50 --pass x

So you need to create this config:

--server eu1-zcash.flypool.org --port 3333 --user h7sHdsdiDsdksdfjDKSd9df83jfd2.$rigName --pass x

The macro $rigName, when adding a rig will be replaced by its name!

Then we go to the rig addition page. We click My rigs -> new rig.

Here is the name of the worker:
Rig_$rigNum

Next, we select the numerical range of numbers of rigs:
From number: 1
To number: 50

Click "Create". After that, you have 50 rigs, each worker name in the command line will be substituted with the corresponding name of the worker.

Then a similar operation can be performed for a Ethereum configs.
I also note that the macro $rigEmail is supported also. It can be substituted in the command line of the miner and it will be replaced by the email you specified.

That's it! Good luck and huge hashrate for you guys!
sincerely, MinerWatcher team
igotek

Activity: 2072
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 02:10:37 PM

Please fix the screenshots. Nothing shown.

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
minerwatcher (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:08:25 PM

Please fix the screenshots. Nothing shown.

Sorry for this, fixed!

http://prntscr.com/fvnfa4

http://prntscr.com/fvngkb
pchampn

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:38:42 PM

OP is a newbie. How do we trust this program is no spyware?

I assume you are offering this program as a freeware, so do you intend to charge for it future? Find it hard to believe this service is for pure altruistic purposes.
polylogic

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:47:35 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 03:40:15 PM by polylogic

very nice, i might give it a try, those other services charge a premium
but i would rather have it running on my own server with the exe compiled myself, trust issues.
i wish there was an open source version.. i think its not too hard to code this, i have to hit the books again...

but for now, thanks for this service, i didnt try it yet, waiting for more people to check the file out, i maybe install sandboxie only to check it out.

also this feature makes me worry on all mining stats services....
* Mass execution of commands. At the moment, we support: rebooting the rig, launching any program on the rig, updating itself and updating the mininig software from our site.

it basicly gives your webserver full control over my worker.
and in case you didnt properly secure the server attackers could compromise the operation.

kw29 #deeponion w121c646/05

.Presale LIVE..Crypto Visa EU OUT NOW.✔ ◾ Bonus Payments.
Cashback ✔ ◾ Rainshowers ✔ ◾ Ambassador Bounty
Founding the next way of banking D E Z E N T R A L I Z E D

|

2gether.global

|

AI optimized
Community driven
Personal banking

❌ VFA Approved
✅ ERC-20 Token
⚠⚠ Join presale now!

Website
Twitter
BTCT ANN
minerwatcher (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:39:24 PM

OP is a newbie. How do we trust this program is no spyware?

I assume you are offering this program as a freeware, so do you intend to charge for it future? Find it hard to believe this service is for pure altruistic purposes.

Hey. The service is freeware now, donations are welcome )

The watcher program is only send stats from a miner console to the server via 1 POST request (thru 80 port) every 60 secs. And nothing more.
So there is no hidden miner\spyware. You can check CPU\GPU load is 0% all time. And what can i steal from mining rigs? Claymore miner? Smiley

Anyway, any person can check the software using sandbox or other tools. If it is spyware - we will see abuse posts bellow soon. It is very simple to check this for researchers.

it basicly gives your webserver full control over my worker.
and in case you didnt properly secure the server attackers could compromise the operation.

Not full control. Only basic functionality - reboot rig, run program, change config or miner. These functions are reason why we decided to start this project!
Do not worry, we did a bunch of other more complex projects and there were no success hacks. Anyway you can try)

Thank you for your interest!
botmanside

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:46:51 PM

some virustotal nad chcecksums would benice

RTFF && RTFM...
minerwatcher (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:52:38 PM

some virustotal nad chcecksums would benice

https://www.virustotal.com/ru/file/dd6ed2b41f4887152117c83c71ec0e3516dead78dc00bc5431bde054e3e5cfe7/analysis/

There are some false-positives, as always, but mostly clean. Seems it is because of UPX compressor.

If I use aspack exe packer - there are better results:

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/98374e49fa0847ed0606b041498e78bb251c7c84de02dbcb4d0af6a72e1675f7/detection

Will stay with aspack. Do not want to confuse you, guys Smiley
sidog

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:57:41 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 12:10:27 AM by sidog

awesome app!  I love it.  A few things of note:

- Any chance you can add all the supported coins/algos from ccminer?
- Is there an easy way to stop/start the job from the dashboard?  
- Instead of AVG temps and fans, I think it would be more helpful, at least to me, to list the CURRENT temps and fan speed.
- The local app doesn't want to exit.  I had to go into task manager (win10) to end the process.  

Otherwise, a great start!

Thanks again
minerwatcher (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:42:41 AM

awesome app!  I love it.  A few things of note:

- Any chance you can add all the supported coins/algos from ccminer?
- Is there an easy way to stop/start the job from the dashboard?  
- Instead of AVG temps and fans, I think it would be more helpful, at least to me, to list the CURRENT temps and fan speed.
- The local app doesn't want to exit.  I had to go into task manager (win10) to end the process.  

Otherwise, a great start!

Thanks again

Hey, thanx for review!
1) Ok, which coins you want me to add?
2) Hmm.. It's only possible to CHANGE mining config/miner. My goal is to run all miner machines 24/7 Smiley Anyway i will implement new command "STOPTASK" in next software version.
3) Added to TODO list
4) Exit button work perfectly for me, weird. I need more details.
polylogic

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:28:48 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 03:36:07 PM by polylogic

Not full control. Only basic functionality - reboot rig, run program, change config or miner. These functions are reason why we decided to start this project!
Do not worry, we did a bunch of other more complex projects and there were no success hacks. Anyway you can try)

Thank you for your interest!

thanks for your awnser, i must say without the ability to upload files it is a little saver than i originally thought.
malicous updates are not impossible but very unlikely. its still a financial service and with enough attention there will be hacks.

why include the miner and not links to original download of miner?
i know it is to make it easy for newbies, but maybe its better to write a detailed intruction rather than including 3rd party software.

talking about ccminer algos, why not include all of them. i myself would like deeponion on the list.
its my first x13 coin and for me there is still much to learn.

kw29 #deeponion w112c612/04

.Presale LIVE..Crypto Visa EU OUT NOW.✔ ◾ Bonus Payments.
Cashback ✔ ◾ Rainshowers ✔ ◾ Ambassador Bounty
Founding the next way of banking D E Z E N T R A L I Z E D

|

2gether.global

|

AI optimized
Community driven
Personal banking

❌ VFA Approved
✅ ERC-20 Token
⚠⚠ Join presale now!

Website
Twitter
BTCT ANN
sidog

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:54:47 AM

at the moment, i would love to see CHC added to the list (c11 algo).   

As for not being able to exit, i rebooted my computer and everything is fine now.

current wattage for each card is a monitoring parameter that I find useful.

Thanks again for this awesome service.
minerwatcher (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:54:40 AM

thanks for your awnser, i must say without the ability to upload files it is a little saver than i originally thought.
malicous updates are not impossible but very unlikely. its still a financial service and with enough attention there will be hacks.

why include the miner and not links to original download of miner?
i know it is to make it easy for newbies, but maybe its better to write a detailed intruction rather than including 3rd party software.

talking about ccminer algos, why not include all of them. i myself would like deeponion on the list.
its my first x13 coin and for me there is still much to learn.

Hey!
1) I can add some checkboxes in the mwatcher, that disable upload miners or update self option from the server.
In our experience, with our other services with 1000-s of active users, the only possibility to hack - is a simple password.

2) There are 2 options - single mwatcher exe and mwatcher exe with miners. You can select what you like.
The simplicity of 2nd option is:
You download single ZIP, unpack and you are ready to go. When you create new rig in the CP, no need to write full path to the miner, it will be selected automatically (for example if you choose Claymore dual, the system will substitute such local path: "miners\claymore_dual\EthDcrMiner64.exe").
Just add your command line and you are ready to start.

3) All of them are included. I can add nessessary coins in the CP, np.

at the moment, i would love to see CHC added to the list (c11 algo).   

As for not being able to exit, i rebooted my computer and everything is fine now.

current wattage for each card is a monitoring parameter that I find useful.

Thanks again for this awesome service.

Ok, will add CHC.
I do not use OpenHardwareMonitor, I just grab the info from console. Only ewbf shows wattage, so i didn't implemented it. OHM will add more asspain (need to start as admin, cannot set autorun, highly detected, big size etc)
minerwatcher (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 07:16:46 PM

UPDATE:

1) The problem with 6+ GPUs rigs is solved!

2) There are 2 new commands in the admin panel: RESTART and STOP.

3) The problem with the speeds of ccMiner is fixed (in the latest version of the watcher 1.03).

That's all for now, thank you for your attention!
MnngSprvsr

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:18:44 PM

just another windows monitoring tool!

Really nice would be a tool like this with full linux support.
ukjack

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:34:18 PM

any plans to support ethminer?

They have no API but modded version with API is here https://github.com/JamesSmith2/ethminer/releases
minerwatcher (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:35:23 AM

any plans to support ethminer?

They have no API but modded version with API is here https://github.com/JamesSmith2/ethminer/releases

Hi. It is no needed API for me to add. I just grab the info directly from console and send to the server.
Is there any sense to add ethminer? Claymore dual is the fastest now... (that's why it is not added yet)
ukjack

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:38:30 AM

Claymore dual gives 50MH/s, ethminer 80MH/s
minerwatcher (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:49:18 AM

Claymore dual gives 50MH/s, ethminer 80MH/s