Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:33:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 🌷 LOTOS — Decentralized Religion: Buddhism on Ethereum — Whitepaper v.99  (Read 1209 times)
anton_lotos (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:05:06 PM

WHY LOTOS

Centralized religions are failing (atheism is set to defeat them by 2038), but we believe the future is bright for decentralized religions.
So we are building a complete Buddhist ecosystem on the Ethereum blockchain — the world's first decentralized religion!

If you are interested, please flip through the Lotos Network InfoDeck (2 min)

Decentralized Religion Solves:

• Scientific efficacy (data collection)
  • Incentivization (tangible collectibles)
  • Accessibility (cloud matchmaking)
  • Corruption (transparent transactions)

HOW IT WORKS

1. A tablet app connects students and teachers which anyone can use.
2. Students pay a monthly subscription in fiat.
3. This subscription automatically buys ERC20 Karma Tokens on a public exchange (from you, the contributor).
4. The student pays teachers in Karma for classes
5. Students can recover up to half of their subscription fee by meditating (Proof of Meditation)

Some Interesting Bits:

• The number of users correlates to the value of the tokens, incentivizing all users to grow the network.
  • We will create a IBM Watson AI Chatbot called "BuddhaBrain" with data we collect on the network.
  • Our team will not have access to any contributions until we reach 10,000 paid subscribers (we will program this into the smart contract).
  • Meditation is a big business - Headspace meditation app has 400,000 paid subscribers and is worth $250 million
  • And much more!

To dig deeper, please read the Lotos Whitepaper.

ANNOUNCEMENT

This thread is the first public mention of our project, and the first release of our whitepaper.

We will launch our pre-sale on July 26th 2017, to coincide with the festival of Gyre Maitreya (dedicated to the coming to earth of Maitreya — the Buddha of the Future global period.)

PORTAL

InfoDeck

Whitepaper

Slack

Reddit

Website

ABOUT ME

Hello Bitcointalk Members  Smiley

My name is Anton, one of the co-founders of the Lotos Network project.
I have been practicing Buddhism for more than 15 years.
I have had a project endorsed by the United Nations, and have helped build satellites and DARPA robots.
Now I want to build the religion of the future with your help.

Thank you for your support.

I am happy to answer any questions or concerns you have.
Feedback and suggestions are very welcome!

Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:10:53 PM

Well it is original, but I am not sure if this project will work. I does not seem so attractive.
jimhuang

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:14:14 PM

Centralized religions are failing

how can you say that ? that is totally stuff and nonsense
anton_lotos (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:18:11 PM

Well it is original, but I am not sure if this project will work. I does not seem so attractive.

Thank you for your feedback Elkmar! It would help me quite a bit if you could tell me why it's not so attractive to you. Do you think we are not communicating value to contributors well?
anton_lotos (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:25:13 PM

Centralized religions are failing

how can you say that? that is totally stuff and nonsense

This quote is from our InfoDeck:

Religiously unaffiliated people sometimes called the "nones" account for 16% of the world's population, and they make up the largest "religious group" in seven countries and territories. Perhaps more remarkably, they also are the second-largest group in roughly half (48%) of the worlds nations.

Also, this article explains why atheism is set to overtake centralized religion by 2038.
bilibord

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:26:29 PM

where wallet?
anton_lotos (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:34:20 PM

where wallet?

We are only releasing our whitepaper today. Our pre-sale will start on July 26.
cryptovn83

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:37:25 PM

Oh lotos, what's it language? In English it name: Lotus
anton_lotos (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:52:17 PM

Oh lotos, what's it language? In English it name: Lotus

We are an English speaking team, however, the name is derived from the Ancient Greek word for the lotus flower - lōtos.  Smiley
clearclear

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

Run as fast as you can - or jump in a faster river

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 05:56:23 AM

I like your project - it sounds interesting! If you need help with anything just let me know Wink
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:15:32 AM

FUCK RELIGION
anton_lotos (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:17:23 AM

I like your project - it sounds interesting! If you need help with anything just let me know Wink

Thank you, I would very much appreciate any feedback or suggestions you could give us.
adsamy

Activity: 200

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:26:28 AM

Too many new projects are still to be observed. Will there be any air release activities open?
Odeoke

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:37:20 AM

Decentralized Spiritual Community this is new thing for me how people will guidance through smart contract.
anton_lotos (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:24:57 AM

Too many new projects are still to be observed. Will there be any air release activities open?

In my understanding, an airdrop is simply giving out tokens to those who want them, is that right? Could you tell me what advantage this might bring to an organization like ours? Currently, we have no plans to airdrop, but we can consider it providing good arguments in its favor.
anton_lotos (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 10:58:37 AM

Decentralized Spiritual Community this is new thing for me how people will guidance through smart contract.

Yes, we like to think the smart contract forms the essence of a person's beliefs. For example, the smart contract is responsible for claims of attainment. This is very interesting to me as well thanks for the feedback.
FunshareNesialMLMPenipu

Activity: 284

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:10:30 AM

what is about karma token
this mean lotos token can swap karma token
WhoCaresCoins

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

F*CK WHALES!

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:46:38 PM

Interesting concept but nobody in my country will pay monthly subscription because in my country people can go temple for free or donate some for maintenance the temple.
anton_lotos (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:35:14 PM

Interesting concept but nobody in my country will pay monthly subscription because in my country people can go temple for free or donate some for maintenance the temple.

Which country are you in? We think this is a good platform for temples in countries like yours to reach a Western audience who are more keen on paying subscriptions.
anton_lotos (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:46:48 PM

what is about karma token
this mean lotos token can swap karma token

We are not affiliated with any previous tokens. Ours is Karma Tokens (KRM) and is brand new and can not be swapped with other coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: