Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 01:57:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Roles for Attorneys in this Cryptocurrency world  (Read 169 times)
SirJEsq (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:00:27 PM

Hello All.

First off, great forum! I have been perusing for a while now and figured I would finally put my feet in the water.

Long story short, I am a New York, USA entrepreneur and young attorney wondering if there are any roles/niches any of you could see being carved in this industry for attorneys (contract law/ business law/IP law experience, amongst other areas). All opinions are welcome.

Thank you.

(And if this is in the wrong forum, sincere apologies!)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:07:37 PM

Probably more than we would like to imagine starting with smart contracts. The vast majority of these 'code is law' people seem to have forgotten that there's an actual law out there that isn't going away.

Properly legally enforcing the link between a tokenised asset and the actual asset itself must be a huge area in waiting, that's if it's possible at all.
SirJEsq (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:43:36 PM

Thanks for your response @gentlemand...and yes, I could see a possible role there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: