Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:10:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TB85 Biostar issues  (Read 823 times)
cs99015 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:40:28 PM

Hi, i would like to ask about Biostar TB85 that i have, and 6x Rx580 asus dual fan.After almost two weeks i cannot make it stable. It stucks sometimes when creating DAG file and other times after some hours mining with Gpu card hang and the system restarts or freezes.Default clocks.I tried rizers to other pc and they work fine.Tried different usb cables,Ethos,simpliming os, it seems randomized faults. Sometimes all 6 cards mining and after some minutes or hours some stopped. I even changed the battery of the motherboard to just try it.Plugged in the 2 molex power on the motherboard. I'm out of ideas. I'm fearing that the motherboard is faulty or something. I have another one plugged in 6x 1070 in Windows 7 and works almost flawlessly.

If you can help me i would appreciate it.
Thanks

Windows 10 pro, disabled everything
bios settings from a guide about mining
combined drivers
cpu 1840
psu corsair HX1200w

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 12:53:43 AM

What is your power consumption at the wall? A Rx 580 can pull up to and over 200 watts depending on the model and with 6 of them you have already maxed out your 1200 watt PSU not even counting the other components installed. It's certainly possible that your motherboard may be faulty, but it's a definite that you need either a second PSU or a bigger PSU.  Even if you downclock extensively to lower the power draw you need to be able to mine with your system at 100% stock for at least 24 hours straight to know if it's stable enough to even try overclocking or undervolting etc...
z92747392

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 01:31:54 AM

Hi, i would like to ask about Biostar TB85 that i have, and 6x Rx580 asus dual fan.After almost two weeks i cannot make it stable. It stucks sometimes when creating DAG file and other times after some hours mining with Gpu card hang and the system restarts or freezes.Default clocks.I tried rizers to other pc and they work fine.Tried different usb cables,Ethos,simpliming os, it seems randomized faults. Sometimes all 6 cards mining and after some minutes or hours some stopped. I even changed the battery of the motherboard to just try it.Plugged in the 2 molex power on the motherboard. I'm out of ideas. I'm fearing that the motherboard is faulty or something. I have another one plugged in 6x 1070 in Windows 7 and works almost flawlessly.

Thanks

combined drivers
cpu 1840
psu corsair HX1200w

I've got the TB85 with 6x Furys, it took me forever to get it stable, and to tell you the truth it's not even that stable now.  I've got a cron job rebooting it every six hours because it likes to just lock up even with a watchdog script running.  What are you BIOS settings?  I used this guide https://blockoperations.com/configuring-bios-settings-gpu-mining-intel-motherboards/ but the three settings that you need to set are:

• PCI Latency timer to 96 PCI Bus clocks
  • Set all 6 PCIe slots to GEN2
  • Its overkill, but I set the PCIEX_16_1 - Gen X setting to GEN 2 as well (its supposed to set all 6 other PCIe slots to GEN2

Hard resets end up resetting my BIOS settings so having the reboot cron job helped eliminate that.

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:10:08 AM

We have 3 TB85 rigs running and they are easily are most stable and problem free rigs that we have. Plug and play on our end anyways. 6 Fury's use allot of power as well, are you running dual PSUs or one extra large one?
cs99015 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:21:11 AM

What is your power consumption at the wall? A Rx 580 can pull up to and over 200 watts depending on the model and with 6 of them you have already maxed out your 1200 watt PSU not even counting the other components installed. It's certainly possible that your motherboard may be faulty, but it's a definite that you need either a second PSU or a bigger PSU.  Even if you downclock extensively to lower the power draw you need to be able to mine with your system at 100% stock for at least 24 hours straight to know if it's stable enough to even try overclocking or undervolting etc...

underclock Gpu clock at 1135
default memory clock at 2000
core voltage tried default and 0,91 volt
at wall when i manage to work all together for a little is about 800-900 watts. I don't think is the psu. Cause i have the same instability even sometime with 2 cards! Before i had 2 psus 750watt bronze coolermaster but i put the platinum corsair just to be sure.
cs99015 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:28:18 AM

Thanks

combined drivers
cpu 1840
psu corsair HX1200w

I've got the TB85 with 6x Furys, it took me forever to get it stable, and to tell you the truth it's not even that stable now.  I've got a cron job rebooting it every six hours because it likes to just lock up even with a watchdog script running.  What are you BIOS settings?  I used this guide https://blockoperations.com/configuring-bios-settings-gpu-mining-intel-motherboards/ but the three settings that you need to set are:

• PCI Latency timer to 96 PCI Bus clocks
  • Set all 6 PCIe slots to GEN2
  • Its overkill, but I set the PCIEX_16_1 - Gen X setting to GEN 2 as well (its supposed to set all 6 other PCIe slots to GEN2

Hard resets end up resetting my BIOS settings so having the reboot cron job helped eliminate that.

Yes this guide i followed also Wink
I even tried Gen1 Gen2 to pcie slots..when you think its starts mining you are a little happy and then after a little time down again...Some other time it also reset me my bios setting out of nowhere...
I put yesterday one gpu with it riser that it was working for days in another pc and it got me again hangs...No sense...
It seems maybe some batch are faulty..i run out of ideas
cs99015 (OP)

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:55:38 AM

An other thing, sometimes when i add a gpu and start claymore,in creating the DAG file of 1 card takes 16000ms instead 5000ms to the other ones and as i see from gpuz the clocks are 300mhz and hashing very low.I plug in a monitor to the specific card and the clocks are awaken and start mining at normal hashing rate. Just adding symptoms i went over.. Smiley
cs99015 (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:51:09 AM

Update:
Putting Gen2 to all pcie slots
DDU in safe mode and installing combined drivers again
After 2-3 restarts that when starting claymore it was loosing every other time one-two cards from mining and hashes, it started mining with all 6 of them.It mined about 8-10 hours and crashes with hang error in a card.After restart started mining again and then hangs with another card.Mysterious.....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: