Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:24:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you sell your BitcoinABC or hold on to it?  (Read 4661 times)
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:27:39 AM

we will see a repeat of the eth/etc situation. one fork will remain dominant; the other fork will fall to a fraction of the price after a slow ride down. there is too much going on in all of this; the opportunity is being seized by too many camps to push a reinterpretation of bitcoin. core, despite if I agree with all its decisions, is a result of the democracy we have all decided to participate in, up to this point. also from a legal standpoint; it would seem that core was the specific asset people added to portfolios and iras. if this value splits, who get the additional value? same for exchanges. they will make a mint overnight, simply because the average investor in this space has absolutely no saavy Sad and believe they will liquidate this new found wealth; this will contribute to the non dominate chain dropping even faster.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:43:46 AM

if you someday split bitcoin i will probably stop using it completely. because i simply believe that bitcoin is the reliable cryptocurrency as long as it is one chain and things like consensus mean something in it. and a split only happens when there is no consensus hence bitcoin would no longer be reliable in my opinion.

Buying the dip...
ryanben

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:25:49 AM

look back at the history of the value of Bitcoin we will see it has gone through tough times to how, with the current market capitalization is still too small compared with the average.
Bitcoin future will become stronger than ever

arlinxoha

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:20:58 AM

Still did not think of it. When I thought I would be in that situation, then the decision would be taken. But I think I should wait. The result of the waiting is good. I'm still hopeful of a good time.

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
cunese

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:55:30 AM

I may only hold BitcoinABC which is highest market value.
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:42:17 AM

bitcoin is honestly becoming hard to follow, each day they come up with a new name for something new or most of the time the same thing. just in disguise!

can someone give a quick summary of what this new one called bitcoinABc is?

https://medium.com/@ViaBTC/statement-on-bitcoin-user-activated-hard-fork-6e7aebb67e67

https://www.bitcoincash.org

https://www.bitcoinabc.org

Bitcoin Cash (BCC) is a proposed altcoin through UAHF. I just came to know about this ABC coin, in my previous post I had asked would there be an UAHF in August, there won't be a UAHF because segwit will get activated before then.

And now on this thread, hypothetical talks of selling Bitcoin ABC or holding on to it. Too much FUD.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:49:14 AM

BitcoinABC is Bitcoin Unlimited?

I'm getting lost with all these forks...

haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:10:11 AM

I would rather hold on to all that I have for so long until I am sure it is safe to spend. I don't want to start having the feelings of 'had I known'. Ater that anyway, I may still hold on probably it could have some tangible value later on, or worst exchange it for another prospectful altcoin. All decisions are dependent on what the future ends up being like.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:12:12 AM

If we would really come into this point then i would do nothing at all and just let those things happen.This would already depend on a certain person if they would really treat is as a bonus on their holdings and sold their BCC and would stick to Core. People have different decisions and usage on their coins so the answer of this question would really be different.

dquancey

Activity: 587

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:49:42 AM

Hold onto it! BitcoinABC known as Bitcoin Cash IS Satoshi's vision to me. It is the real bitcoin I signed up for.

http://www.bitcoincash.org

It's the "real" bitcoin and Satoshi's vision.

Was it Satoshis vision for Bitcoin to be centralised by only people who can afford ridiculous hardware to run nodes on?

These people such as Mcafee, Wright, Ver? All trustworthy folk  Grin
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:59:50 PM

It would be interesting if they actually fork, although, I don't believe they'll do it, most likely scenario if they do it is they lose a lot of money because nobody will use their chain.

BTW, who's developing BitcoinABC?

Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:07:06 PM

What is BitcoinABC !??
Someone explain it please Sad

The latest proposed version of the fork — bitcoin ABC. "ABC" means "Adjustable block size", which means that users can determine the necessary size of the block of bitcoin. This feature will be available as miners and users. However, this can cause problems for users with slow Internet connection.
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:21:21 PM

we will see a repeat of the eth/etc situation. one fork will remain dominant; the other fork will fall to a fraction of the price after a slow ride down. there is too much going on in all of this; the opportunity is being seized by too many camps to push a reinterpretation of bitcoin. core, despite if I agree with all its decisions, is a result of the democracy we have all decided to participate in, up to this point. also from a legal standpoint; it would seem that core was the specific asset people added to portfolios and iras. if this value splits, who get the additional value? same for exchanges. they will make a mint overnight, simply because the average investor in this space has absolutely no saavy Sad and believe they will liquidate this new found wealth; this will contribute to the non dominate chain dropping even faster.

I disagree. ETH was/is innovative. A segwit BTC or 2MB BTC is still pretty much BTC, no innovation. If a fork happens, either the altcoin will win quickly and become the new BTC, or it will die out. People wont care for another BTC derivative.
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:24:53 PM

Hold onto it! BitcoinABC known as Bitcoin Cash IS Satoshi's vision to me. It is the real bitcoin I signed up for.

Was it Satoshis vision for Bitcoin to be centralised by only people who can afford ridiculous hardware to run nodes on?

If you run a node you will now need 4 times more storage space, can you afford it ?
jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:42:37 PM

IMO best option is to just hold and wait out all the confusion and panic selling that is going to follow after the fork. Even after everything is calm I would prefer holding to see what would happen in future.
Mastergerund

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 02:45:18 PM

Thats the thing, bcc wont ever take over bitcoin. THAT would be a dream come true if it did, but I wont get my hopes up.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
pedrog
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:45:22 PM

If you run a node you will now need 4 times more storage space, can you afford it ?

It won't because nobody will use it, less space needed than original Bitcoin.  Cheesy

freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:02:41 PM

Keep dreaming while you can, whatever altcoin that is, it's not Bitcoin, no difference between Bitcoin cash and

Dozens of other wanna be Bitcoins out there, I wouldn't touch it and looks like they know it as well that it's not

Bitcoin that's why they chose a name for it already, some Satoshi vision that is.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:09:45 PM

Thats the thing, bcc wont ever take over bitcoin. THAT would be a dream come true if it did, but I wont get my hopes up.

If sw2x gets blocked then theres a good chance BitcoinCash would win. Fast and cheap payment bitcoin vs expensive and slow payment bitcoin.

Lol

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
ChironRegera

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:28:40 PM

What is BitcoinABC !??
Someone explain it please Sad

BitcoinABC is the name of the client.

Bitcoin Cash (BCC) is the proposed name of the new coin that will split from BTC on Aug 1.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: