Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:29:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this Avalon Batch #2 Order Look Legitimate  (Read 1800 times)
mgio (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:46:36 AM

For those of you who have a batch #2 order is this similar to the page you see?

See this image:
http://imageshack.us/f/195/avalonu.jpg/

I am trying to buy this pre-order but I want to make sure it's not a scam.

The things that seem unusual to me:

1) Orders for batch #2 were opened on Feb 2nd. Were they still available and not sold out on Feb 18 when this order was place?
2) I thought batch two was priced at 75 bitcoins. Why does it say $1500. Were European sales priced in dollars instead (this was ordered in Croatia)?
3) Why does it say "Order status: shipped". I'm pretty sure that NO batch #2 orders have been shipped yet. Does anyone else have their order marked as "shipped"?

Does it look legit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:29:59 AM

No, it's totally fake.
As far as i know, no order shipped.
If i go to check my store.avalon page, i see that there is the B symbol and not the $ at the price. This was changed during the batch 3 orders.

So, that screenshoot should be precedent to that, but this is why it can't be marked as shipped.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
bennybong

Activity: 682

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:56:23 AM

No Avalon batch #2's are shipping yet. How much is this person asking for?
Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:57:35 AM

This!

No batch 2's have been shipped, ctually maybe 20 or so have, bot theres no concrete proof of that.

mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 04:22:42 PM

This!

No batch 2's have been shipped, ctually maybe 20 or so have, bot theres no concrete proof of that.

It was an auction on bitmit.net, and I won for about 147 bitcoins.

I think it's a scam because even though we are using escrow he wants the money for shipping up front. Shipping to the US is about $500.

He says his status is marked shipped, and he expects the unit any day now. I'm going to tell him I'm at least going to wait for pictures of it before I do anything.

Homebrewman

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:52:08 PM

$500 to ship to the US?!?!?!? wtf that is a load of Sh!7
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:56:52 PM

Scam. Do not send any money

mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:13:57 PM

That part is actually legit.

FedEx Express for a computer-sized item is indeed $500 from Croatia to the US.
Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 06:48:13 PM

OMG, dont trust some dude on the othere side of the planet dude!

mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:09:55 PM

OMG, dont trust some dude on the othere side of the planet dude!

I would only send him shipping money in escrow. He wants it up front, though. Also since he claims it is already shipped to him, I will wait a few days so he can provide me pictures of the ASIC.

Since Avalon hasn't shipped batch 2 and therefore he must be lying, he won't have anything to show me.
bennybong

Activity: 682

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:15:33 PM

I have 2 orders on my account #22xx and #23xx. They are not shipping, this guy is scammer
mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:42:26 AM

Watch out. this guy canceled the auction because I didn't respond to his last message immediately. I assume he realized that I figured out he is a scammer and he has relisted the item on bitmit already! I've reported the item but I don't know what else I can do. Here it is:

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/32471-avalon-asic-batch-2-preorder-shipped
mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:52:05 AM

I have 2 orders on my account #22xx and #23xx. They are not shipping, this guy is scammer

Any chance that he was actually one of the few that did get their orders shipped so far?

He insists that everything is legit.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:54:53 AM

Any chance that he was actually one of the few that did get their orders shipped so far?

I answered very  clearly a few posts above.

If you still want to feed the scammer, go ahead.

uhoh

Activity: 742

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:08:46 PM

Scamola.
mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:39:05 PM

I answered very  clearly a few posts above.

I know it's a scam. I didn't send him a dime, not even to escrow. I just need evidence that it is a scam. People here just saying "scam" doesn't really help me. I want to know why people believe it is a scam.

I left him negative feedback on bitmit and now he says he has a "personal feud" with me unless I remove it in 60 minutes. Too bad for him he is in Croatia.
uhoh

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:43:30 PM

I answered very  clearly a few posts above.

I know it's a scam. I didn't send him a dime, not even to escrow. I just need evidence that it is a scam. People here just saying "scam" doesn't really help me. I want to know why people believe it is a scam.

I left him negative feedback on bitmit and now he says he has a "personal feud" with me unless I remove it in 60 minutes. Too bad for him he is in Croatia.

Looks like he's been banned from Bitmit. "This user has violated our terms of use and was therefore banned."

Proof? the HTML of the receipt has been edited, it's not consistent with a REAL order receipt. The value is showing as $1500 when it should be showing as BTC1500. There are <hr>'s where there are no <hr>'s. And, of course, the status is Shipped... yet Batch #2 has not shipped (someone else on here would have mentioned if their order status changed, believe me). Also, the Date, order number and status should be in yellow highlight.

It's a pure scam to relieve you of $500 in shipping...

What more evidence is required? Make a list of all the things that make you think it might be real, and then you'll have your answer.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:46:29 PM

You are free to believe what you think, and you are free to lose money on what you believe, since that i gave you the biggest evidence ever in the first post:

If you ever had your order shipped, that would have been after the batch 3 orders. That's AFTER that they changed the website $ symbol with the B symbol.

So there are 2 possibilities, since that there is the dollar symbol and not the bitcoin symbol on the website:
-That screenshoot was taken before batch 3 orders, and in no way a batch 2 order was shipped at that time
-That screenshoot was edited, since that there can't be the bitcoin symbol AND an order shipped status right now on store.avalon-asic.com.

So, i PROVED you wrong.

Are you still interested into losing time and money with a scammer?

You are encouraged to do so, because we don't like to lose our time.

Edit, looks like i lost too much time writing this and someone explained it before.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:57:14 PM

This ebay for Batch2 also shows $ symbol instead of BTC
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batch-2-Avalon-ASIC-Pre-Order-Bitcoin-Mining-Rig-/321125204211?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D15053%26meid%3D7633213512885206207%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1125%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D161025749112%26

Not having ordered an Avalon, I have no idea what the invoice should say, but would assume that if payment was in BTC that the invoice would also show BTC  ?
uhoh

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:01:37 PM

Cedivad is totally correct.

The $ changed to BTC when batch 3 opened. Therefore there is no possible way this invoice from the bitmit auction is real. It would have to have been saved before batch 3 opened (therefore it's obviously not going to say "shipped"). 100% proof I'd say.

Sorry to just rehash what you said Cedivad!
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:14:10 PM

You said it better Wink

mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:27:07 PM

You are free to believe what you think, and you are free to lose money on what you believe, since that i gave you the biggest evidence ever in the first post:

If you ever had your order shipped, that would have been after the batch 3 orders. That's AFTER that they changed the website $ symbol with the B symbol.

So there are 2 possibilities, since that there is the dollar symbol and not the bitcoin symbol on the website:
-That screenshoot was taken before batch 3 orders, and in no way a batch 2 order was shipped at that time
-That screenshoot was edited, since that there can't be the bitcoin symbol AND an order shipped status right now on store.avalon-asic.com.

So, i PROVED you wrong.

Are you still interested into losing time and money with a scammer?

You are encouraged to do so, because we don't like to lose our time.

Edit, looks like i lost too much time writing this and someone explained it before.

Thanks, I didn't understand what you were saying in your first post. I didn't realize what had changed on the status page between batches. This is the kind of information I was looking for. Thanks again.
mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:31:27 PM

Cedivad is totally correct.

The $ changed to BTC when batch 3 opened. Therefore there is no possible way this invoice from the bitmit auction is real. It would have to have been saved before batch 3 opened (therefore it's obviously not going to say "shipped"). 100% proof I'd say.

Thank you for explaining it clearly. I didn't realize that Cedivad was saying the symbol was changed on the order status page for ALL orders.
mgio (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:32:03 PM

I answered very  clearly a few posts above.

Looks like he's been banned from Bitmit. "This user has violated our terms of use and was therefore banned."

Proof? the HTML of the receipt has been edited, it's not consistent with a REAL order receipt. The value is showing as $1500 when it should be showing as BTC1500. There are <hr>'s where there are no <hr>'s. And, of course, the status is Shipped... yet Batch #2 has not shipped (someone else on here would have mentioned if their order status changed, believe me). Also, the Date, order number and status should be in yellow highlight.

It's a pure scam to relieve you of $500 in shipping...

What more evidence is required? Make a list of all the things that make you think it might be real, and then you'll have your answer.

I think he was banned for sending me threatening messages. I reported him.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: