Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:28:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin maker  (Read 2362 times)
Noitev (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:07:45 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 07:26:06 AM by Noitev

I'm SO sick of the new altcoins every day, so, in an effort to show the the masses the value of each new scamcoin, why not have it be easy to make an altcoin out of thin air with no effort?

I was wondering if any programmer can make a windows program that can be easily used and do the following:

-Make a custom Scrypt altcoin executable!
-Set coin name
-Set coin abbreviation
-Set block time target
-Set starting reward (maybe allow premine incentives?)
-Set time when reward halves
-Set starting difficulty
-Replace all instances of litecoin to coin name
-Write custom about
-Make a genesis block

Also
- Make a guide for using it, including the ability to customize any images

anyone able to do this?
If anyone can, I'll get John K. to start a bounty for it that people can donate to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:08:51 AM

Because a programmer who knows how to do this will find it simpler to just create alt coins manually. No serious programmer uses "creators".
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 07:09:21 AM

+1 Grin

jj9guy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:12:00 AM

why would anyone do this for you even if they could? I dont see any financial motivation being offered by you.
VelvetLeaf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:15:29 AM

What about the genesis block and icons ?

BTC : 1GN81dxzxyFPQsyAtdocXr5S9Mcg4wcfFG
LTC : LgmYvXsYXc4xdjsMKXJWqtagxVvioK6iaw
FC : 6dpSnKMtttUUYzaRu1EB7Lu18PBRVHU3V7
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 07:16:30 AM

even "handmade" altcoins right now are pumping out at like 1-2 a day.  those are failing miserably.  what makes you think that more altcoin is a solution of any kind?
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:21:27 AM

even "handmade" altcoins right now are pumping out at like 1-2 a day.  those are failing miserably.  what makes you think that more altcoin is a solution of any kind?

It would turn altcoins into something else.
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:23:15 AM

I think it would stop people wasting any more time on these.
It's actually a good idea, if you don't have anything innovative, a marketing plan etc. then your new 'coin' just disappear down the forum list out of site and out of mind.
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:23:43 AM

just an idea... idk, I can offer a small bounty if anyone can do it
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:24:27 AM

What about the genesis block and icons ?

I'll add
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:30:08 AM

It would turn altcoins into something else.

shmaltcoins

Regardless I dont really think this is a good idea.
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:34:42 AM

My theory is that if anyone can make an altcoin, the market/forum will be totally flooded with garbage, which should hopefully start to make some standards for these altcoins. If it becomes really easy, some community moderation should come into effect.

Also, as proof to people who like investing in new altcoins that they are amazingly easy to make and not something to invest in.

I just wanna make this a quick fix as opposed to this slow monstrosity it is right now. It's getting to the point were a new subsection should be made for markets and ANNounce topics.
tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:46:26 AM

My theory is that if anyone can make an altcoin, the market/forum will be totally flooded with garbage, which should hopefully start to make some standards for these altcoins. If it becomes really easy, some community moderation should come into effect.

Also, as proof to people who like investing in new altcoins that they are amazingly easy to make and not something to invest in.

I just wanna make this a quick fix as opposed to this slow monstrosity it is right now. It's getting to the point were a new subsection should be made for markets and ANNounce topics.

I know your feelings, even considered doing one myself but then I thought a. it'll have nothing new b. I'm not that much of a knob!
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:53:29 AM

I know your feelings, even considered doing one myself but then I thought a. it'll have nothing new b. I'm not that much of a knob!

If this is made, I will never use it.
hope2907

Activity: 432

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:00:39 AM

dont do it, harmful than usefull
Punkonjunk

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Hey, eat this snail quick

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:01:29 AM

sigh.

Can you guys read?

The point here is clear: Make a program to make new altcoin generation so simple that ANYONE can make one.
We're VERY close now. The only difference in coins is very, very simple changes to the code: simple find and replace in most new releases.
But you need just a hair of technical savvy to get to this point right now. Not much, but enough.

The creation of this program would set up an environment where literally ANYONE can print a coin at ANY point: making it clear exactly how unoriginal and unimportant these altcoins are.

I have never mined bitcoins. I've only had bitcoins as a means to get cash. Litecoin has some point, to be sure, but where we draw the line is hard. Putting together a whitepaper and scholarly outline of the advantages of this coin over a previous one is a good start.
Discussion should happen, and PLANNING, planning a launch, some testing, predictions, etc. not just pumping out a coin that people flood into, mine, and sell off when and exchange wants a piece of the pie.

What we have now is getting nuts. I mean, honestly, I'm mining ROYALCOINS right now. You know what royalcoin has over LTC?
A fucking cool name.
Holy shit.

Why am I mining it?

Because it'll hit an exchange and I can make some quick cash.

This is unacceptable, though. And if we flood this place with new coins, that any member can make in 5 minutes, it will be clear how little they matter: this will stop happening. VERY quickly.

I'd contribute to the bounty, for sure.

liked my post? LTC to: LYeSMuyDBFufBehK59A9GmMjby6iVw8Kux
Or BTC to: 18YsfMVtqNbrpJuPZaAbifWNYuiUHQZwR8
If there is a wall of text up there, sorry. I can't help it. I'm usually running on about 80oz of coffee a day. If it's complete nonsense, sorry. I haven't had my coffee.
kaldoverde

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:48:00 AM

I agree with this idea. Enough of this crapcoin scamfest.

Just give the kiddies something to play with until they get bored so that grown ups can bring forth the future of cryptos. As it stands it is just plain silly and leaves the credibility of BTC/LTC at risk.

I am 100% in favor of experimenting and agree that altcoins need to be created so evolution can take place, but would be nice to see at least some effort put into them, not this copy/paste 'get rich quick' fever that is ruining the reputation of crypto currencies as a whole.
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:55:46 AM

I'm happy some reasonable people know what I'm trying to say
Noitev (OP)

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile