Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:59:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Reliable?  (Read 6696 times)
th3joker

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 09:53:19 PM

Since BFL are now brazenly refusing refunds then holding orders, should bitcointalk be giving them a scammer tag.

I'm pretty sure stealing people's money and refusing to ship orders qualifies them for one, shipping delays are bad enough but actually refusing to send purchased items AND keeping the money??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 253

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:05:32 AM

Since BFL are now brazenly refusing refunds then holding orders, should bitcointalk be giving them a scammer tag.

I'm pretty sure stealing people's money and refusing to ship orders qualifies them for one, shipping delays are bad enough but actually refusing to send purchased items AND keeping the money??

Not going to happen all the time there supporting the forums with advertising.

It's all so wrong  Angry

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
th3joker

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:16:10 AM

Not going to happen all the time there supporting the forums with advertising.

It's all so wrong  Angry

Didn't some of the other advertisers like Tom Van Riper get scammer tags eventually, or is bitcointalk owned by BFL? or have they spent so much money here that they practically have shares in bitcointalk.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:17:56 AM

I doubt they have "shares" but take a look at the auction thread.  BFL spend 10+ BTC per slot for 4 to 6 slots per week every week.
Say 50 BTC per week or 2,500 BTC per year.   I guess 2,500 BTC buys you immunity.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 12:23:32 AM

You know.. that or the fact that BFL is actually delivering product and has delivered more product than everyone else combined several times over.  Yeah... one or the other.  Gosh I wonder which one.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
donch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:27:40 AM

You know.. that or the fact that BFL is actually delivering product and has delivered more product than everyone else combined several times over.  Yeah... one or the other.  Gosh I wonder which one.

Or, you know... the fact that you delivered products so late that they had become redundant... or the fact that you denied refunds... or the fact you delivered goods to people who were lucky enough to get a Paypal refund... or the fact that you sold more than you could deliver within your own personal fantasy timelines... Yeah, scammer.

Glad you're back though.

P.S. KNC gave me a full refund after being 16 days late. And they have delivered more hashrate than BFL ever will.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:30:45 AM

Delivery product is a convenient smoke screen! Do you think KnC could deliver their October 2013 schedule product in June 2014? How about HashFast or Bitfury 6-9 months late. Don't think so...

Keep hanging your hats on the slogan "delivering product"
th3joker

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:38:52 AM

You know.. that or the fact that BFL is actually delivering product and has delivered more product than everyone else combined several times over.  Yeah... one or the other.  Gosh I wonder which one.

Yeah all except mine and you're apparently keeping my money too. Way to go BFL!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:43:11 AM

You do know that is not even possible.   
Bitfury pool is >0.5 PH/s.   Total delivered unknown but obviously >0.5 PH/s.
KNC has delivered ~3000 units or ~1 PH/s.   
Total network hashrate is ~3 PH/s. 

So even if the entire network consisted of nothing more than BFL + Bitfury + KNC = 3 PH/s it is no longer possible for you to have delivered more than all other vendors combined  and certainly not a magnitude (10x) more.

donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:47:35 AM

You do know that is not even possible.   
Bitfury pool is >0.5 PH/s.   Total delivered unknown but obviously >0.5 PH/s.
KNC has delivered ~3000 units or ~1 PH/s.   
Total network hashrate is ~3 PH/s. 

So even if the entire network consisted of nothing more than BFL + Bitfury + KNC = 3 PH/s it is no longer possible for you to have delivered more than all other vendors combined  and certainly not a magnitude (10x) more.

Why speak facts to someone who can't do:

two weeks + two weeks != two weeks.

DeathAndTaxes, I'd really love it if you could explain to Joshua how bitcoin works. He's had difficulty (sic) with that too.

"How are you justifying these as fair use?  They are clearly and unequivocally a copyright violation."
"I really want to know how you justify that under the fair use doctrine?  It does not conform to a single point of fair use."
Josh whining about people reusing his studio portrait shot on this forum. Can you copyright a copyright complaint? All Paypal refunds are final.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2013, 12:49:37 AM

It's very easy. BFL has delivered more than 20k mining devices and have more to go.  Bitfury has not delivered any significant quantity of devices, nor has Avalon.  ASICminer is the only one that has delivered any sort of significant quantity of devices at this point, and all of those are Block Eruptors, which are basically meaningless.  I wasn't aware KNC was up to 3000 units shipped, is that figure accurate?  Fairly impressive but it's only 3000 units.

As far as hashrate goes, I'd say at least 50% of the the hashrate on the network is currently powered by BFL chips, but I haven't actually added it up lately, so I may be incorrect about that.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
donch

Updated ironic image.

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:57:21 AM

It's very easy. BFL has delivered more than 20k mining devices and have more to go.  Bitfury has not delivered any significant quantity of devices, nor has Avalon.  ASICminer is the only one that has delivered any sort of significant quantity of devices at this point, and all of those are Block Eruptors, which are basically meaningless.  I wasn't aware KNC was up to 3000 units shipped, is that figure accurate?  Fairly impressive but it's only 3000 units.

As far as hashrate goes, I'd say at least 50% of the the hashrate on the network is currently powered by BFL chips, but I haven't actually added it up lately, so I may be incorrect about that.

Joshua, the facts:

You've taken over a year to build 20,000 devices which seemed attractive up until 6 months ago. I expected mine back in October 2012. Now they are redundant and you and your company have taken no responsibility to deliver what you promised, that is timely units of hashpower. The fact that you are still delivering this useless crap proves you have no concept of what your customers needs are. At every turn you've done everything in your power to stop people getting their money back, through various up-selling bullshit manoeuvres (Monarch, sell on the forum with added fees, chip credits, future purchase discounts, hosting). You tried (and failed) to reverse Paypal refunds. You're a fraud. It's simple.

KNC delivered timely, useful equipment and treated their customers with respect. They win. You fail.

And if you can't work out how to operate a spreadsheet in a chiefly fashion to add up your delivered hashrate, then you need a new job.

th3joker

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 12:57:54 AM

Nice story and what about the people you refused to refund or supply the products they'd ordered.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:08:01 AM

It's very easy. BFL has delivered more than 20k mining devices and have more to go. ...

You're incorrect about a lot of things...

th3joker

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:12:11 AM

Strange how he never directly addresses why they are not refunding orders and how they are keeping the money if you request one and putting your orders on hold.
th3joker

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:12:55 AM

Strange how he never directly addresses why they are not refunding orders and how they are keeping the money if you request one and putting your orders on hold.
What am I talking about, it's not strange at all :-S
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:14:19 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2013, 01:30:49 AM by DeathAndTaxes

So which is it units or GH/s?  
If units then excluding ASICMiner is nonsense.  I mean why not units smaller than 175 GH/s and BFL will have shipped 0.  Looking at all shipped units you are incorrect.

If it is GH/s then 3,000 KNC units is more than a PH/s.  There is no way you have shipped a magnitude more hashpower than all vendors.  So looking at hashpower you are incorrect.

Either way you are incorrect.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:15:07 AM

Do you honestly think he would incriminate himself, and confess to blatantly and flagrantly violating FTC regulations with respect to refunds ?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:16:03 AM

It's very easy. BFL has delivered more than 20k mining devices and have more to go.  Bitfury has not delivered any significant quantity of devices, nor has Avalon.  ASICminer is the only one that has delivered any sort of significant quantity of devices at this point, and all of those are Block Eruptors, which are basically meaningless.

Are Block Eruptors mining devices or not? Have they shipped more of them than you? I'd wager they have. You lie. Again.

Buy & Hold
th3joker

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:22:41 AM

Do you honestly think he would incriminate himself, and confess to blatantly and flagrantly violating FTC regulations with respect to refunds ?
I thought it was possible he lacked intelligence in the same way he lacked integrity, you never know ;-)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: