Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:57:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **UNITE BEHIND LITECOIN** (Why?)  (Read 5541 times)
peacefulmind (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:33:41 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 11:51:05 AM by peacefulmind

**UNITE BEHIND LITECOIN** (Why?)
[... lots of crap deleted ...]

Why? Because you have lots of them. That's why.

+1

I have about 1000 LTC.  Not even worthy of mentioning.  I am not an early hoarder of either currency - however I care about the future of my money.  Personally I have more fiat value in the Bitcoins I have mined, than the Litecoins.

This is of interest to me because of the corporate takeover of BTC that is happening.

I predicted the Litecoin hate and here it comes pouring into this thread - I posted this because I truly believe that we need to establish a majorly accepted Bitcoin alternative NOW before it is too late.

This is deeply important if you care about what type of cryptocurrency future we have.

SAY NO TO A ONE CURRENCY MONOPOLY.

There is mega-corporate attention and takeover of crypto-currency underway, and they are focusing on Bitcoin to do it.  An alt (Litecoin IMHO) keeps this a democratized system where the people create money - not a central ASIC authority.

these people are not our friends -

BitInstant Introduces Bain Capital to Bitcoin – Charlie Shrem and Erik Voorhees represented BitInstant (and by extension Bitcoin itself) [to Bain Capital] at the Money 2020 conference in Las Vegas from October 22-24, which focused on emerging and innovative financial services. BitInstant managed to get a booth directly next to that of PayPal, and Charlie Shrem reports that the president of Bain Capital, a firm now famous for its connection to US presidential candidate Mitt Romney, had breakfast with him and Voorhees, and responded very positively to Bitcoin when the two introduced the currency and the Blockchain mobile Bitcoin client to him.

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/  - all of you have greed making you blind.

These self appointed corporate saviors do NOT speak for a lot of us.

Litecoin FIRST opens the way for more alts later and secures a future OWNED by the people that can STAY anonymous and free.
 This is what is important to me - not personal profit motive.  The fact that all of the haters assume it is about personal profit shows that is WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO THEM!

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
peacefulmind (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:34:41 AM

unite behind LTC.. .i agree, but if all of us started mining LTC the difficulty would make even big GPU Farms unprofitable.
I mean @ 10GH (which is a good chunk of GPUs) you would make 200$ @ 1000 difficulty, which is right around the corner

The price will rise as we build the services to accept Litecoin and trade Fiat for it in the mainstream.

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 11:42:02 AM

I agree that LTC has the most potential over other altcoins.
But market will decide what happens.

CNC and FTC are dying, other coins will die even sooner.
Time will fix these things.

When Gox starts accepting LTC, other altcoins will be forgotten about.
peacefulmind (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:43:13 AM

oh wow. I'd never seen the altcoin hate until now, like geniune, bitcoin is the one true god stuff.....

It's not hate, it's the truth. They are pure junk and worthless. This doesn't mean I don't mine them myself but the sole reason in doing so is I get more btc for my mining power mining this shit than bitcoin itself.

All the funding and investment is coming into Bitcoin startups, not litecoin or any of the other shit kicker coins. What I hate is people who think these altcoins actually have potential to take out btc itself.. fucking laughable.

Mine alts, sell to idiots, buy more btc.

Altcoins are a short lived train that are provided an opportunity to get more BTC. Don't miss the boat a 2nd time because of some bullshit altcoin.

[blah blah blah]

translated:

I am dummy account and/or corporate shill who wants you to follow the instructions above as all that trading for BTC will lead to Litecoin becoming worthless.

-or-

I am hoarding Bitcoins and want them to go up, if LTC gains traction as a REAL alternative then I lose money.

-or-

I pre-ordered ASICS and I am going to be the only one allowed to mine and make money.  I will control the currency.

It all adds up to - this guy wants a currency monopoly and wants to kill the anonymity and freedom that comes from MULTIPLE cryptocurrencies being used as equal payment methods.

Bitcoin alone -

it is almost WORSE than cash - after the governments and corporations get a hold of it, they will put supercomputers into tracking every satoshi and know where every satoshi goes and who gets what.

the darkside of Bitcoin ONLY is that it is almost perfect for Orwellian Police control and monitoring when it becomes controlled by the corporate government complex.  That is what is happening now.

Fascinating that the Bitcoin foundation talks about their "Foundation's Vision" with a symbol of the all seeing eye right next to it!

Mhash pipe

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:50:48 AM

Lol at bitcoin monopoly, do you realize how stupid you sound? Think about it. Undecided

Litecoin was not on the rise because it was gaining acceptance, it was on the rise because people speculated it would be the next coin on mtgox where it could be dumped on to new bagholders. What is the purpose of actually holding litecoin other than pure speculation?
peacefulmind (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:00:22 PM

Lol at bitcoin monopoly, do you realize how stupid you sound? Think about it. Undecided

Litecoin was not on the rise because it was gaining acceptance, it was on the rise because people speculated it would be the next coin on mtgox where it could be dumped on to new bagholders. What is the purpose of actually holding litecoin other than pure speculation?

wow so many posts in like 10 days you have.

another alt account?  I know from someone who has seen IPs that the forum has an alt account problem.

the point is to build acceptance of Litecoin as another useable currency - this is what the alt community should focus their collective work towards - then the value of LTC will rise to support way more than all of the GPU miners combined - since that seems to be the major concern.

i know from an insider that there has been a deliberate, organized attempt to discredit alts, that was greenlighted right as Litecoin started to really gather attention.

i am probably blowing my chance at getting inside info like that again by posting it publicly.

Bain Capital and Paypal are NOT who we want running this show.  I even saw that Lockheed Martin is getting into Bitcoin.

Do you think they are going to let some computer geeks, crypto-capitalists, and other enthusiasts retain control?

This makes me wonder a bit more about who Satoshi really was/worked for - Stuxnet was US/Israeli, so was Flame, was Bitcoin a government's or corporation's experiment?

cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:06:45 PM

I took OP's text, Replaced Litecoin with YACoin and Replaced Bitcoin with Litecoin.

Looks Something like below.

You think it's ready to be posted on YACoin support thread??

and Oh BTW I own 10,000 YAcoin. I know its nothing.

The alt community should focus all its might on getting YACoin going as a true LTC alternative, and I will share with you why.  YACoin was gaining major ground against LTC when the flood of scamcoins happened.

I was speculating about recent shenanigans in general on IRC when I was messaged on IRC that from someone who would definitely know that some of the flood of altCoins is being done purposefully by LITECOIN-ONLY adherents in a Machiavellian attempt to discredit YACoin...as YACoin was getting close to MAJOR acceptance as *THE* LTC alternative - it was no coincidence that it was at that time the scams hit the alt community like a mack truck!

UNTIL - *one* alt gets widespread acceptance (and IMHO) YACoin is the most fairly distributed, was the first scrypt based with some real advantages over LTC, and YAC has some real existing value, long term track record, and the ONLY CHANCE to break the LITECOIN MONOPOLY NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

I would urge the alt community to stop self-destructing!  Push YACoin together, then later mess with another alt - or there will be NO ALTS.

Stop and *think* they are winning in getting any "altCoin" automatically seen as a scam!

Uniting behind YACoin acceptance is a last hope at this point IMHO.  Certain people you may know of from the Wiki, here, and in the ASIC business who HATE YACoin and have done everything to keep YACoin out of the press and off of Wikipedia are trying to MAKE anything other than Litecoin be perceived as "scam."  Much trickery and manipulation has been done to protect their LTC only investment MONOPOLY.

Certain LITECOINERS (ASIC Investors/producers/owners, DEVS, HOARDERS) are using Nelson Rockefeller/Nathan Rothschild type tactics to create a CRYPTO-CURRENCY MONOPOLY.  This is the worst possible outcome.

The shills will come to this thread and tell us why they love Feathers, and Royals, and CHN - its all to fracture the effort THAT WAS WORKING to make YAC BIG.

There are new fake accounts here to fracture and divide this community, there is HUGE pressure on GOX and other retailers, service providers etc to *NOT* accept YAC.

Divide and Conquer? Please Stop and Think...this community is being played like a fiddle, divided and broken, - unite behind YAC and win or else *everyone* loses.

THEY FEAR YACOIN.  They have BIG money to protect, don't let them make you all their fools - I have never seen a community so well manipulated as this one has been since the YAC rise.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

They are fighting us, all out.  Can we put aside differences long enough to win?

Getting YAC widespread acceptance is the KEY to opening the door to other alts, and EVERYONE having a seat at the table - if we do not stop it now cryptocurrency will become a monopoly.

I am not much for soap boxing - but I felt this needed to be shared.  Do you want a market of cryptocurrencies or a single one?  Unless one is pushed into the public now the chance will be GONE.  Best.

Mhash pipe

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:08:41 PM

wow so many posts in like 10 days you have.

another alt account?  I know from someone who has seen IPs that the forum has an alt account problem.

the point is to build acceptance of Litecoin as another useable currency - this is what the alt community should focus their collective work towards - then the value of LTC will rise to support way more than all of the GPU miners combined - since that seems to be the major concern.

i know from an insider that there has been a deliberate, organized attempt to discredit alts, that was greenlighted right as Litecoin started to really gather attention.

i am probably blowing my chance at getting inside info like that again by posting it publicly.

Bain Capital and Paypal are NOT who we want running this show.  I even saw that Lockheed Martin is getting into Bitcoin.

Do you think they are going to let some computer geeks, crypto-capitalists, and other enthusiasts retain control?

This makes me wonder a bit more about who Satoshi really was/worked for - Stuxnet was US/Israeli, so was Flame, was Bitcoin a government's or corporation's experiment?

Well I heard from an inside source that you are batshit crazy...
Mhash pipe

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:31:50 PM

It is quickly shifting to who else would even mine these scam coins...
Tobius

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:38:48 PM

BTC - SHA-256, 10 minutes blocks, mined on ASIC, low decentralization
LTC - scrypt, 2.5 minutes blocks, mined on GPU, modest decentralization
YAC - scrypt-jane, 1 minute blocks, mined on CPU, high decentralization

Anything else is will become obsolete.
YAC is doomed too, don't be delusional Tongue
Tobius

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:51:50 PM

BTC - SHA-256, 10 minutes blocks, mined on ASIC, low decentralization
LTC - scrypt, 2.5 minutes blocks, mined on GPU, modest decentralization
YAC - scrypt-jane, 1 minute blocks, mined on CPU, high decentralization

Anything else is will become obsolete.
YAC is doomed too, don't be delusional Tongue

The more of you who think it is doomed the better because it will hopefully never reach high enough N for GPU to start messing with it. I've already set 8 BTC buy at the bottom
on the Bter so please go ahead and doom your YAC. Tell everyone to do it. The more YAC I have, the more will I put into making it big, very big.

Not targeted at you in any way, but isn't that what everyone under the sun is trying to do with all of these clones? Also, even with it's minor scyrpt edit, the name alone dooms it to a minor market of hobbyists. Who's going to invest seriously in something called YAK, worse, it doesn't even have a true name, just a name that says it's "Just another coin".

Even if the idea works, this implementation of it won't go too far.

Regardless, hope it works out for ya.
spoid

Activity: 532

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:13:14 PM

I don't know, I personally would like to have a coin that is still much faster than litecoin be the mainstream. People are used to one click paypal online already. Having to wait doesn't feel much like new technology.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
trdiablo

Activity: 540

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:19:42 PM

OP dont worry, LTC will become big. It is not the handful of geeks on this forum that decide the future of a coin, it is about trust by the average Joe, media attention and acceptance of the coin by (underground) merchants. That is the reason why BTC now has a lot of value.

I think that the trigger for a big value increase for LTC will come from MtGox. A lot of average people are not even aware that there are more crypto's then just BTC. Once MtGox starts offering it and it gets media attention the average Joe's will be interested in this "new" coin and will buy it because it is so cheap compared to BTC.

Nobody should see LTC/BTC as silver/gold but more as Visa/Mastercard or USD/EUR. They can exist next to eachother just fine.
I would advise everyone to buy 1000 LTC, keep for a couple of years and then sell for at least 50$ each.
Tobius

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:32:48 PM

I don't know, I personally would like to have a coin that is still much faster than litecoin be the mainstream. People are used to one click paypal online already. Having to wait doesn't feel much like new technology.

In the case of that, it would probably be the same thing. As soon as the transaction appears on the network, say it's confirmed, then when X actual confirms apppears, say it's verified. Shouldn't affect to many people unless this is a live payment or something like that.
Tobius

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:51:42 PM

February - MtGox is going to list Litecoin any day now!
March - MtGox is going to list Litecoin any week now!
April - MtGox is going to list Litecoin any month now!
May - When is MtGox going to finally list Litecoin?

Year 2152 - MtGox is yet to list Litecoin.

Indeed, yet people are still keeping the LTC price up in the sky. Those same people should go put money into BFL ASIC as well, price is up due to same "one day it will be big" crap.  Cheesy

Well, at least acknowledged that it was only in April that MTGox actually said that were going to do it.
Also, that plan was delayed thanks to all of the attacks on the site, so it's not like there was absolutely no schedule for it
huggybear

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:55:39 PM

oh wow. I'd never seen the altcoin hate until now, like geniune, bitcoin is the one true god stuff.....

It's not hate, it's the truth. They are pure junk and worthless. This doesn't mean I don't mine them myself but the sole reason in doing so is I get more btc for my mining power mining this shit than bitcoin itself.

All the funding and investment is coming into Bitcoin startups, not litecoin or any of the other shit kicker coins. What I hate is people who think these altcoins actually have potential to take out btc itself.. fucking laughable.

Mine alts, sell to idiots, buy more btc.

Altcoins are a short lived train that are provided an opportunity to get more BTC. Don't miss the boat a 2nd time because of some bullshit altcoin.

The only laughable here are you and your insults.

Probably the most new alt coins will disappear just as quickly how they come out.
But everyone should distinguish between alt coins with an active development and dayflycoins.

If you generally don't believe in alt coins, fine. But i don't believe that you are able to predict
the success or failure of all alt coins. I am a strong believer that in the long term more than one
cryptocoin having success.
huggybear

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:51:05 PM

Define success.

"Success is a term denoting the achievement of aims or attaimment of goals,
or levels of social status, and is often used specifically to mean financial profitability.
People who achieve their goals are frequently termed "successes"."

related to cryptocoins

an by people accepted cryptocurrency with an an active development and community
meaning a payment method where you can buy goods, services
meaning a possibility to save value
meaning a possibility to trade with other cryptocoins without using fiat
peacefulmind (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:14:51 PM

Amazing being called nuts by a drug addict with a username "hash pipe" who has appeared on the forum 11 days ago and made almost 100 posts.

So many of these accounts appeared around the time Litecoin was gaining huge momentum and either:

a) bashed Litecoin in rage and called it a scam.

b) promoted an actual scamcoin.

c) both.

I know for a fact that people have made mistakes with their proxies and mods have seen many accounts from the same IPs.  I know for a fact some of these scamcoins were made to discredit all altcoins (main target Litecoin).  Just a few were genuine get rich quick schemes.

There is a lot of dirty dealing going on that is the equivalent of insider trading/fraud, there is also a concerted effort to depress the rise of Litecoin through threats, bribes, and shilling misinformation.

If people would stop buying into the scams and get back to developing services for Litecoin the price would rise to compensate the miners.

I am not even going to go into the launch issues with YACoin.  Congratulations to the alt community for letting simple greed be used by big corporations to defeat ALL alt-coins.  If ONLY Bitcoin is the payment method it will be controlled 100% by government corporations within 10 years.

Realize this forum is more or less 70% shills with an agenda other than the good of the future of multiple cryptocurrencies. 

It is the same technique governments and corporations are CONFIRMED using - for confirmed examples- political parties, the nation of Israel, various corporations, other nations, and paid marketers - actually employ people to try to create "consensus" opinions when they do not exist naturally.  They have one person posting on multiple accounts to try to create a "peer pressure" effect - it works very well.

They employ bots and real people together to influence what is voted up on sites like Reddit, and unfortunately those techniques are being used on this forum in a big way now.

It will be a tragedy if an alternative to BTC is not brought fully to market because of rubes listening to these shills (you can tell who they are look for account creation date between April 26th-May 10th combined with super high post counts for the time they are registered - go through their post history and you will see an obsession with hammering on a few ideas over and over - manic posting).

This forum is really no longer useful, unfortunately the admins do not want to clean up the problem in the alt forum, because they also favor BTC only.

Best.

bitbitcoincoin

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:25:54 PM

I think it's hilarious how litecoin devotees argue they are the only true alt coin.  Other than having alot of adopters due to it being one of the first non ASIC scrypt coins, what does it bring to the cryptocurrency community that BTC doesn't?  It's got relatively slow confirmations(compared to all the LTC clones to come out), a dwindling cost/benefit ratio when it comes to mining at current difficulty(locked in for 20 more days afaik), and doesn't solve the micro transaction problem BTC recently admitted to.

Now Im not going to foolishly claim that any of the other alt coins are currently any better, Im just pointing out that there is still a huge market for them because there is still plenty of room for improvement and innovation outside of "new ways to mine!'.   Devs need to realize if they want a alt coin to succeed long term, they need the non miner community to have some incentive to use it as well.  Otherwise you're just another pump and dump, which miners will leave to die when more profits are elsewhere.
Mhash pipe

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:07:11 PM

Amazing being called nuts by a drug addict with a username "hash pipe" who has appeared on the forum 11 days ago and made almost 100 posts.

So many of these accounts appeared around the time Litecoin was gaining huge momentum and either:

a) bashed Litecoin in rage and called it a scam.

b) promoted an actual scamcoin.

c) both.

I know for a fact that people have made mistakes with their proxies and mods have seen many accounts from the same IPs.  I know for a fact some of these scamcoins were made to discredit all altcoins (main target Litecoin).  Just a few were genuine get rich quick schemes.

There is a lot of dirty dealing going on that is the equivalent of insider trading/fraud, there is also a concerted effort to depress the rise of Litecoin through threats, bribes, and shilling misinformation.

If people would stop buying into the scams and get back to developing services for Litecoin the price would rise to compensate the miners.

I am not even going to go into the launch issues with YACoin.  Congratulations to the alt community for letting simple greed be used by big corporations to defeat ALL alt-coins.  If ONLY Bitcoin is the payment method it will be controlled 100% by government corporations within 10 years.

Realize this forum is more or less 70% shills with an agenda other than the good of the future of multiple cryptocurrencies

It is the same technique governments and corporations are CONFIRMED using - for confirmed examples- political parties, the nation of Israel, various corporations, other nations, and paid marketers - actually employ people to try to create "consensus" opinions when they do not exist naturally.  They have one person posting on multiple accounts to try to create a "peer pressure" effect - it works very well.

They employ bots and real people together to influence what is voted up on sites like Reddit, and unfortunately those techniques are being used on this forum in a big way now.

It will be a tragedy if an alternative to BTC is not brought fully to market because of rubes listening to these shills (you can tell who they are look for account creation date between April 26th-May 10th combined with super high post counts for the time they are registered - go through their post history and you will see an obsession with hammering on a few ideas over and over - manic posting).

This forum is really no longer useful, unfortunately the admins do not want to clean up the problem in the alt forum, because they also favor BTC only.

Best.

Glad you've admitted that about yourself. And actually my name is mhash pipe... must have gone over your head. Or maybe I'm just a manically posting Isreal bot funded by the CIA and lockheed martin trying to reach a certain demographic. Get real...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: