Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: **UNITE BEHIND LITECOIN** (Why?)  (Read 5527 times)
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:13:56 PM

Say No to a two currency duopoly.  Tongue

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adpinbr

Activity: 1008
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:01:16 PM

LTC is the only viable alliterative at the moment. The way I see it BTC had to centralize mining and had to give a lot of wealth distribution to early adopters in order to get someone to get the crypto concept out there. LTC fixes these problems simply because it can address the fundamental needs of a decentralized crypto currency without having to "beg" early adopters to use it, since BTC did that.
All the other cryptos were formed out of greed trying to achieve LTC success (Not NMC, PPcoin and a few others).
Of course we need to unite behind LTC. we can convince average Joe to use LTC as a store of value cause only 20% is held by EA vs 50% with BTC. meaning you get more bang for your buck with BTC. A logical human being would store value in LTC and use BTC for its ease of utility. Maybe MtGox is just saying they will accept it, hoping LTC advocates will rely on that info, giving BTC enough time to kill LTC. I would assume thats the case if they are highly invested in mining, but they could also buy a shitload of LTC and then add it making millions so its a crab shoot. Anyways we should all support LTC, and yes I am invested in LTC, I don't mine, I bought them with BTC, I invested cause I think they are superior and a more fair distribution of wealth, rather than vice versa

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
J23450N

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:46:30 AM

I definitely agree that there needs to be a rally behind LTC. Mt.Gox needs to get their *cough* affairs in order and soon. PPC and perhaps NMC, FTC, seem to me to be viable alt-coins, and realistically the same people that made bitcoin what it is could be turned off by the corporate maneuverings happening. This could really push one or several alts in to the big leagues given that the same process could happen, i.e early adopters/techies/libertarians/people in the know make the switch -> price rises -> greater acceptance -> speculators and others invest -> price spikes -> price goes HAM -> who knows.(Probably past the start of that for LTC). Generally this might just mean that there will always be a demand for some lesser known crypto(s), and so while the "scam-coin" flood is kind of ridiculous atm, i'd bet we'll see the rise and fall of many cryptos in the future. It's probably going to be crypto Thunderdome for a bit.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:40:32 AM

I personally enjoy the idea of Litecoin taking it's as number 2.  Just as a safety measure if BTC or the community needs it.  I don't see anything wrong with that, can't hurt form my perspective it's a great safety measure.  Especially in these early stages who knows I could be way off but that's my opinion for right now.
peacefulmind (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:00:43 AM

I personally enjoy the idea of Litecoin taking it's as number 2.  Just as a safety measure if BTC or the community needs it.  I don't see anything wrong with that, can't hurt form my perspective it's a great safety measure.  Especially in these early stages who knows I could be way off but that's my opinion for right now.

All of these recent scams do is discredit *ALL* cryptocurrency, and mainly Litecoin.

We were very close to getting Litecoin going as a secondary widespread alternative when the inundation of scamcoins began.  I am not saying Litecoin should replace Bitcoin.

I own more BTC than LTC in current value.

However this flood of FRAUD is ruining the reputation of ALL alts, and it is being done on purpose.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:12:17 AM

**UNITE BEHIND LITECOIN** (Why?)
[... lots of crap deleted ...]

Why? Because you have lots of them. That's why.

+1
This

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:17:12 AM

I know from someone who has seen IPs that the forum has an alt account problem.
I know from someone who has a white coat that you have a paranoia problem.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
cokein

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:33:29 PM

All these ALT-coins make me laught.
People supporting it, also.

MAYBE litecoin will be a good BTC alternative, but, hey.. how can u say that for sure ?!

UNTIL 3 or 4 YEARS, you cannot. So, now, all these FANTASTIC (scam) coins are useless except for mining (to convert in btc for profit) or speculation.

NOBODY can say, how long they will stay alive. As develop, as growing or merchant acceptance..
Nobody knows, how the next hack-ddos-storm hit one of these alt-coins, will be "assimilated", nor if the coins will be usable or will not due to hack/ddoss/whatever

You are talking of NOTHING.
And more, bitcoin is NOT CLOSED. Is still in development and, maybe u don't know, it's possibile to vote for a change and make in on the source!
So, what's the difference with the other "better" alt-coins features?
The difference is that BTC instead of the others have a dev team behind, who is working every day to the project from years now.
So it's reliable, contrary to the other, that NOW exist and tomorrow cold die without a warning..

SHIT coins are only a big mess and an attemp to late-coins-comers to make some easy bucks trying to sell wather for gold.

I don't know if LTC will be the "silver" of digital currency..
What i know for sure is that Bitcoin is the GOLD, so, why mess up with something MUCH MORE RISKY than btc?!!
Only to GAMBLE on it.. but hey.. u know.. u can play at satoshidice.. u'll have the same chance to guess what will be from here to 4 years ahead.

justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:57:50 PM

Market will decide. As for now the only strong and most traded currency are BTC and LTC, all the others will shade and disappear in a week or so (see chinacoin and feathercoin and other ponzi). The only people defending these "coins" are the unlucky/stupid bagholder.

It's fine to have an opinion, but sheesh, educate yourself about the community first.  Feathercoin isn't going anywhere, if you spent anytime on the official forums, you'd know that.  If you haven't, feel free to visit.. you're more than welcome.

I can only imagine the credit card forums:

"zomg, Visa is American Express is umm... so p0wned"

"Visa uses a .01 block adjustment on yz algorithm.. it won't work. STFU you credit card noob, Diners Club serves a different market"

"You are using THAT card? Freaking scamcard"

"Mastercard and Visa are the only options, everyone else that owns something else is a complete newb, fanboy, (insert cute trendy Internet word)"

justabitoftime

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:58:22 PM

Market will decide. As for now the only strong and most traded currency are BTC and LTC, all the others will shade and disappear in a week or so (see chinacoin and feathercoin and other ponzi). The only people defending these "coins" are the unlucky/stupid bagholder.

It's fine to have an opinion, but sheesh, educate yourself about the community first.  Feathercoin isn't going anywhere, if you spent anytime on the official forums, you'd know that.  If you haven't, feel free to visit.. you're more than welcome.

I can only imagine the credit card forums:

"zomg, Visa is American Express is umm... so p0wned"

"Visa uses a .01 block adjustment on yz algorithm.. it won't work. STFU you credit card noob, Diners Club serves a different market"

"Mastercard and Visa are the only options, everyone else that owns something else is a complete newb, fanboy, (insert cute trendy Internet word)"

Note: I own quite a bit of Litecoin, I hope it succeeds. Smiley

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 01:34:18 PM

The alt community should focus all its might on getting Litecoin going as a true BTC alternative, and I will share with you why.  Litecoin was gaining major ground against BTC when the flood of scamcoins happened.

I was speculating about recent shenanigans in general on IRC when I was messaged on IRC that from someone who would definitely know that some of the flood of altcoins is being done purposefully by BITCOIN-ONLY adherents in a Machiavellian attempt to discredit Litecoin...as Litecoin was getting close to MAJOR acceptance as *THE* BTC alternative - it was no coincidence that it was at that time the scams hit the alt community like a mack truck!

etc etc etc

{hmmm}

Dude - i know a little bit about politics and policy , i have seen nastier politics at the all girls soccer club. a couple of things:

1. when did you get the email? i thought we all kind of assumed that's what the policy was?, ah , why wouldn't Bitcoin / ASIC owners attack an alternative ? , friend that's a part of the market as well.

2. look to the top of the page - is says "bitcointalk.org" - should i continue..... i mean you get the point i'm making right?

3. My opinion of LTC is that is just flew on the wave on the back of the flawed/compromised and pre-mined Bitcoin. - i don't see anything particularly special about it on the acceptability side of things, it was the first Scrypt design no ? that in its self is revolutionary from a technical stand point , but its ... not going to change the world.

4. This is not TV world , so you know have a cup of tea, breath a little, Bitcoin's market is allegedly its aspects of design based around the "freedom" and "etc etc" as soon as it steps away from that its a Donkey. in fact its probably a Donkey anyhow.

5. if BTC goes to TV land that's fine , about 15 alternatives will appear , and be accepted , 5 guys dont decide that , you or i don't , government institutions don’t , the market does.

6. Spam coins are funny and irrelevant in all except , driving the innovation off the Bitcointalk  Forum, especially since they decided to not organize them, so if these "Master Chess players" {lol} wanted to drive all the Alternative innovation to a different place , well,  ah ok,  none of this really matches up to a big win anywhere?

7. just because someone told you something that was already pretty apparent , does not mean that it is A ) totally true or B) even a problem.

8 Gox is just an exchange – exchanges are not exempt from the principals of the market and supply and demand. – Many more exchanges will pop up, come go, so what.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
TheDarKnight

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:48:14 AM

They're fucking ruining a perfectly magnificent currency (LiteCoin) and don't deserve the investment, because they are all massively deflationary, and scammy scamcoins to boot. You will eventually get ripped off on each and every one of them and the only defenders are the miners wishing to cash-in on them and screw your ass to a fine profit. They aren't proper currencies, anyone can make them, and they should be more controlled, like on lesser well-known exchanges, than being place alongside the monoliths of LTC and BTCTC, it's just garbage too much investment in them, why bother!

Please consider trading on bter.com via my referral link shown here, it's a great site for profit with a wide selection of currencies and low fees. https://bter.com/signup/1566

Ziftrcoin tips please!
ZZK4rj1yPRKjmZ26y9tvWq8oeEDUwiV31R
justabitoftime

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:24:31 AM

They're fucking ruining a perfectly magnificent currency (LiteCoin) and don't deserve the investment, because they are all massively deflationary, and scammy scamcoins to boot. You will eventually get ripped off on each and every one of them and the only defenders are the miners wishing to cash-in on them and screw your ass to a fine profit. They aren't proper currencies, anyone can make them, and they should be more controlled, like on lesser well-known exchanges, than being place alongside the monoliths of LTC and BTCTC, it's just garbage too much investment in them, why bother!

Zomg, it's all crumbling.. coins should be centrally managed and controlled. Oh wait.. that's the opposite idea around open source software.  It's the same BS we heard in the Linux community forever... zomg, it's another Linux copy, it's all crumbling down.

TheDarKnight

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:19:39 PM

Zomg, it's all crumbling.. coins should be centrally managed and controlled. Oh wait.. that's the opposite idea around open source software.  It's the same BS we heard in the Linux community forever... zomg, it's another Linux copy, it's all crumbling down.

Zoinks! Can't see a basic point.  Sad

Please consider trading on bter.com via my referral link shown here, it's a great site for profit with a wide selection of currencies and low fees. https://bter.com/signup/1566

Ziftrcoin tips please!
ZZK4rj1yPRKjmZ26y9tvWq8oeEDUwiV31R
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 01:40:57 AM

This thread confirms my suspicions that the same old gang of dickheads is trying to make bitcoin the "One World Currency" that they control.

The piling on the OP with ad hominems and other logical fallacies is exactly what I expect out of them - its their main tool.

Let's see, you have Charlie Shrem, who has admitted to be related to Rothschilds, as the ONE guy who has magically been able to "navigate regulations" and "get the right licensing" to be the main transmitter between fiat and btc - that should raise red flags right there.

You have Gavin, who got invited to speak to the CIA and calls people "conspiracy theorists" when they question him about it.

You got Garzik, who's called for regulation from day 1.

All 3 of these assclowns have gotten mainstream media attention - the same MSM that is state controlled and lies to us daily and creates staged events weekly.

Now you have a bunch of newly created accounts on turd throwing patrol bad mouthing LTC. Go figure.

I'm grumpy!!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: