Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:39:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] ∈ (thread moved due to troll/spammer)  (Read 3056 times)
WitekRadomski

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for gaming!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 04:23:36 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 01:09:36 AM by WitekRadomski

nemgun, you are clearly trying to derail this thread and defame this project. For what reason? I truly have no idea. Can we please keep a civil discussion in this thread?

You don't seem to understand the details of the coin. Nevertheless, I'll answer your questions:

how you can give the possibility to create smart contracts on your project

The ENJ token is on the Ethereum network. There's no claim here of running a different smart contract VM. The only smart contract that might be "spawned" is the mint contract, which is cloned with specific parameters on the blockchain to spawn new Custom Coin types. This is similar to a token factory, with the ENJ based tokens becoming registered in our registry contract.

Also, why are you the escrows of your own project ? Because of your own reputation ?

There is actually no need for escrow in this crowdsale, because the sale will be managed by the smart contract itself. The tokens will be delivered to buyers directly from the smart contract, similar to many existing Ethereum token sales happening now. You send ETH, you get tokens. Our crowdsale contract is being professionally audited and the Solidity code will be available for everyone to see and verify. This is the route many respectable tokensales take - we are doing nothing unusual. We are also talking to crowdsale consulting and legal firms to make sure everything is fair and above-board.

Example, I'm an investor with a few million dollars, your project costs 50 million dollars, that's what you talked about. Why should I put so much money ? What is the development ? You create something ? You are minecraft ? Who are you ?

We have set a soft-cap of 60k ETH, hard cap of 100k. This is to fund at least 5 years of development and expand our development team so we can move fast and hard on every planned feature. There are many other costs beyond that. We have 15 years of business experience and 9 years running our social network platform. We know how to tackle this at speed and scale, and we've laid out our detailed fund allocation in the whitepaper - did you read it?

Can you put your token in a known game ?

We're starting with Minecraft support, it's a natural fit for our existing network and a goliath of a game, with 55 million players every month! http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/02/27/minecraft-has-55-million-monthly-players-122-million-sales

After some community feedback, we're already working on a second integration with Unturned, an awesome and very popular online survival game. Very excited for this one! Shortly after Unturned, we'll have 2 more games in the pipeline which I cannot announce quite yet.

To play a game as a gamer, I need the server to be closest to me, or else i lag, in the whitepaper you do not talk about it.

This is not how online game servers work. Each game server continues to manage its own player connections normally. Our SDKs will add the ability for the server to recognize and sync player items and currencies from the blockchain. If a player trades their items on an external marketplace, it will be reflected inside the game, as their player account will be linked to their Ethereum address.

In the technical considerations section (i mentioned earlier) we talk about confirmation times and trading in-game items, but we outlined a method that the SDK will compensate for these issues until certain Ethereum network updates go live at the end of the year.

August, with the Bitcoin's issues and UASF event.

This is running on Ethereum, not Bitcoin. The date is moving forward to avoid the August 1st issues.

If you want to ask legitimate serious questions, go ahead. But I will not be replying to any further trolling.

CTO, Enjin Coin - Smart cryptocurrency for gaming!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
findfreddy

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:35:20 AM

Hey everyone I have known Witek since 2013, I know his wife well and have done my due diligence on Enjin.

This is a legit crowdsale.

What makes is very special: the fact Enjin has a community of 18M global users.

This market is ripe for this product.

This is the first crowdsale to excite me in months - because it has a massive user base and Enjin has a proven track record and solid team.

- Freddie Heartline
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 11:44:34 AM

Apparently I am the only one interested in the thread, after 24 hours there is nobody.
Then it was you who lacked professionalism. Third point, I wasted my time with you because I gave my ideas that were used to hide a scam, and you originally talked about july, i told you about delaying it as i told you there will be A big depression which is a bad period for crowdsale.
I personally asked you a question about the reasons why you used an ethereum token, i didn't said Ethereum is a scam, i said that ERC20 is killing Ethereum because anyone can provide a whitepaper without having to provide informations for a real whitepaper, just talking about marketing, a lot of marketing, and this what is present into your whitepaper. There is no real technical side, except about the token, and it is not that important. Then you used my ideas into your whitepaper.
So, just a question, what will your token be used for ? Just getting money, or will it have a real utility ?

(Tell me thanks for pumping the thread)
Niksa90

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:47:17 PM

It feels like there are million of Ethereum crowdsale projects running at this moment, and this seems totally like the rest of them!
Scam Alert!!!
I noted 2 things in this project. It was posted by a fake account, and the PROJECT ESCROW is the PROJECT CEO Smiley
WitekRadomski

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 04:43:30 PM

When will you release wallet? Keep on your hard work, I'll be  back for more information soon.

The Enjin Smart Wallet will be released in Q4 2017. We'll have mobile wallets for Android + iOS and a wallet for the PC. This will be released along with the Platform API to allow for transaction requests, in-game purchases and syncing players to the account.

nemgun

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 04:59:02 PM

When will you release wallet? Keep on your hard work, I'll be  back for more information soon.

The Enjin Smart Wallet will be released in Q4 2017. We'll have mobile wallets for Android + iOS and a wallet for the PC. This will be released along with the Platform API to allow for transaction requests, in-game purchases and syncing players to the account.

A crowdsale for a wallet is barely interesting, trust me, you should close this thread, even a signature campaign won't help you, i don't think that the good campaign managers will accept to work on the project, there is no much in term of development. Instead of creating a crowdsale, you could have offered your users to use the tokens you created instead, that's why it is a hype, generally bounty hunters gets you about 3 pages of demands and inquiries, but there is nothing here. buying an account is really a bad start, especially if it is a hacked account, things are getting ridiculous, better lock the thread.
WitekRadomski

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 05:06:46 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 01:10:32 AM by WitekRadomski

It feels like there are million of Ethereum crowdsale projects running at this moment, and this seems totally like the rest of them!
Scam Alert!!!
I noted 2 things in this project. It was posted by a fake account, and the PROJECT ESCROW is the PROJECT CEO Smiley

Looking at your (2 posts) history this is nemgun's alt or friend. You are only here to spread FUD and make attacks.

I answered both of these questions above:

There is actually no need for escrow in this crowdsale, because the sale will be managed by the smart contract itself. The tokens will be delivered to buyers directly from the smart contract, similar to many existing Ethereum token sales happening now. You send ETH, you get tokens. Our crowdsale contract is being professionally audited and the Solidity code will be available for everyone to see and verify. This is the route many respectable tokensales take - we are doing nothing unusual. We are also talking to crowdsale consulting and legal firms to make sure everything is fair and above-board.

We purchased an account to be able to post images in the main thread. I'm using my personal account to answer all questions.

I'm completely transparent about every aspect of this project and Enjin is a respectable, established company in the gaming space. Crying "Scam alert" is juvenile and it's clear you have not even opened our whitepaper.

nemgun

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 05:19:44 PM

Scam Alert!!!

Sigh.

Looking at your post history (one post about NVO) this is nemgun's alt or friend. You are only here to spread FUD and make attacks.

I answered both of these questions above... let me copy and paste for you:

We purchased an account to be able to post images in the main thread. I'm using my personal account to answer all questions.

Crying "Scam alert" is juvenile and it's clear you have not even opened our whitepaper. I'm completely transparent about every aspect of this project and Enjin is a respectable, established company in the gaming space.

What is the token for ? why don't you answer directly, is it made just to give funds to witek and maxime for their retirment ? And, yes it is Nemgun posting.
It is not about people receiving their tokens or not, it is about hte funds received from people, who is securing these funds.

The other thing is that apparently we are only two talking in this thread, that's why i advise you to close it because of your credibility.
WitekRadomski

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 07:15:03 PM

Here's an overview of what the token is used for:

Custom coins

Games and communities can mint unique custom assets using Enjin Coins as the parent currency. These assets can be converted back into Enjin Coins by anyone holding them, at the original exchange rate which they were minted.

They can represent:
  • Game items
  • In-game currency
  • Privilege Tokens

These assets will be supported inside games, on websites, and the smart-wallet resulting in a fantastic user experience. We're building a lot of infrastructure and software libraries around the coin to allow for easy adoption.

Why represent game items with Custom Coins?

Practically all games today use an internal, centralized database to represent items. It’s fast and cheap, and it’s been the standard for decades — but there are some compelling reasons to look to using the blockchain instead:

Virtual worlds are becoming part of people’s identities.

With players often spending hundreds or thousands of hours in a single online game, that’s a lot of time investment into their digital characters and assets.

Decentralized assets, implemented correctly, increase trust & security

Players won't lose their assets if their game server shuts down. Fraud will be drastically reduced because of the inability to create chargebacks, which is a big problem with digital items today. Users can trust that they won't lose all their hard-earned game items if they are banned from the game, they can either trade them on a third-party market or liquidate them to ENJ. The fact that game assets can be backed with ENJ increases their inherent worth.

There is no persistence between different games and communities

A glance at any gamer’s collection will show you tens (if not hundreds) of games. People look for novelty and variety, and even hardcore MMO enthusiasts will drop into other games for a change. As a gamer, I hate the fact that we don’t have the ability to persist our currencies and assets to new games. If I lose interest in a certain game, my assets will be left there to rot and be forgotten. With each new game, you have to go through the newbie grind and start from scratch.

Cross-game or cross-server assets are another area with amazing potential. I'm really excited to see how different game servers cross-promote or link various assets to be compatible around multiple servers. Perhaps you can receive a helmet in 1 server and then have the same helmet in 50 other servers.

There's also the really cool aspects of gamers creating their own assets that aren't linked to a specific game. I'm sure we'll see gamers making their own custom assets that they'll use among each other, regardless of the server being played on. You could use this for "dog tags" in pvp games, or many other interesting use-cases.

It's possible to create non-fungible items

You can mint a coin with the sole stamp of a unique and difficult boss in the game, and only that copy will be dropped.

Decentralized assets will create more realistic game economies

This coin will allow for free markets in games. Users can trade in-and-out of the game, and since the currency cannot be changed, manipulated or banned by game rules, it functions like a real economy. I think this will add an awesome new level of immersion in games, and it's something that's been missing in practically all existing games to date. Game companies may need to plan more carefully when pricing game items, but this reflects the real world and also makes players value their game assets much more.

DKP

Dragon Kill Points are an old system used in MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) games to decide who gets to loot an item. This would benefit from decentralization, as the blockchain would become the DKP ledger for a guild. Certain games allow for multiple guilds to fight together, and these decentralized DKP can be used for the loot rights across different guilds.

We can think up tons of uses for the Custom Coins, and I'm pretty excited to see what different games and communities come up with!

This only scratches the surface, and I haven't even started on the other features...

nemgun

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 08:28:01 PM

Here's an overview of what the token is used for:

Custom coins

Games and communities can mint unique custom assets using Enjin Coins as the parent currency. These assets can be converted back into Enjin Coins by anyone holding them, at the original exchange rate which they were minted.

They can represent:
  • Game items
  • In-game currency
  • Privilege Tokens

These assets will be supported inside games, on websites, and the smart-wallet resulting in a fantastic user experience. We're building a lot of infrastructure and software libraries around the coin to allow for easy adoption.

Why represent game items with Custom Coins?

Practically all games today use an internal, centralized database to represent items. It’s fast and cheap, and it’s been the standard for decades — but there are some compelling reasons to look to using the blockchain instead:

Virtual worlds are becoming part of people’s identities.

With players often spending hundreds or thousands of hours in a single online game, that’s a lot of time investment into their digital characters and assets.

Decentralized assets, implemented correctly, increase trust & security

Players won't lose their assets if their game server shuts down. Fraud will be drastically reduced because of the inability to create chargebacks, which is a big problem with digital items today. Users can trust that they won't lose all their hard-earned game items if they are banned from the game, they can either trade them on a third-party market or liquidate them to ENJ. The fact that game assets can be backed with ENJ increases their inherent worth.

There is no persistence between different games and communities

A glance at any gamer’s collection will show you tens (if not hundreds) of games. People look for novelty and variety, and even hardcore MMO enthusiasts will drop into other games for a change. As a gamer, I hate the fact that we don’t have the ability to persist our currencies and assets to new games. If I lose interest in a certain game, my assets will be left there to rot and be forgotten. With each new game, you have to go through the newbie grind and start from scratch.

Cross-game or cross-server assets are another area with amazing potential. I'm really excited to see how different game servers cross-promote or link various assets to be compatible around multiple servers. Perhaps you can receive a helmet in 1 server and then have the same helmet in 50 other servers.

There's also the really cool aspects of gamers creating their own assets that aren't linked to a specific game. I'm sure we'll see gamers making their own custom assets that they'll use among each other, regardless of the server being played on. You could use this for "dog tags" in pvp games, or many other interesting use-cases.

It's possible to create non-fungible items

You can mint a coin with the sole stamp of a unique and difficult boss in the game, and only that copy will be dropped.

Decentralized assets will create more realistic game economies

This coin will allow for free markets in games. Users can trade in-and-out of the game, and since the currency cannot be changed, manipulated or banned by game rules, it functions like a real economy. I think this will add an awesome new level of immersion in games, and it's something that's been missing in practically all existing games to date. Game companies may need to plan more carefully when pricing game items, but this reflects the real world and also makes players value their game assets much more.

DKP

Dragon Kill Points are an old system used in MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) games to decide who gets to loot an item. This would benefit from decentralization, as the blockchain would become the DKP ledger for a guild. Certain games allow for multiple guilds to fight together, and these decentralized DKP can be used for the loot rights across different guilds.

We can think up tons of uses for the Custom Coins, and I'm pretty excited to see what different games and communities come up with!

This only scratches the surface, and I haven't even started on the other features...

First, you are not game devs, you are a service platform. I risk to bring you down on the intellectual level if you keep ongoing.
Are you Minecraft ? are you DOTA ? are you CSGO ? to say that Enjin Coin could be implemented into games, i think that what you are saying is that the future game developers who have an interest into Altcoins and cryptocurrencies would come and use your token and your platform while they could simply create their own token, providing their own ressources. Why would they use Enjin instead of going for a custom sollution ?
You don't have the required weight in the gaming industry, you are a service provider. Creating skins, using them with a smart contract or a token, rise did something similar a year ago, they have been well financed but the project died. Skin coin isn't worth to mention. These are mostly a hype because any intelligent developer would ask himself first "can i develope my smart contract (or token) the way i want ?", as you are scraping the surface about the token, let me response in a development side, and i already told you about it, you responded saying that the token is for money only (which annoyed me). Once you put a smart contract on the blockchain you are limited, have a look at this link : https://ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/2404/upgradeable-smart-contracts

Why skincoin isn't worth talking about (so does enjin) ? Because nothing will ever guanrantee that a deal will be respected by the seller side, unless a blockchain can upload graphics (which will be soon totally impossible because 4K) your system will be centralized. The other thing is that people doesn't need enjin to create a smart contract, you could have talked about a new protocole (like XCP) instead of a smart contract, it would have provided more integration sollutions, by the way we are still two talking here, that's why i ask you to lock the thread. Maybe Enjin have financial issues and that's the reason why you do a crowdsale. As i said, it is ridiculous and you hsould lock this thread as you would get your name dirty after that.

Stop looking for money like Gollum. I know that crowdsales are exciting for many people, with the return expectations, but you hsould think about the return you are going to provide, in this case, the project is simply dead because of the ERC20 token. Ethereum did smart contracts to enhance the services and rely on the blockchain's immutability,in this case, you talk about development while you are in services. Next time please, get more documentation before launching a project, because as far as i can see, there is no research here.

And you act like scamers pushing people towards investing everything in the first day in order to close it early. Give time to people, they need to think, to consider every aspect, to do their own researches. It is not because you saw a lot of crowdsales closing after a bunch of hours that it is really something good to do, you hsouldn't compare yourself to them, these guys started talking about their projects months before starting the crowdsale, and they have highly well made and though project, with months of sleepless nights, while you come in and talk about been expects since X years, empty barrels make more noise than full barrels, your whitepaper is empty.

Seriosuly, lock the thread, it is shame to launch a thread like this one. If you made a fork, it would have attracted a lot of people, and we would have all waited for yobit listing to dump it, that's sad.

With the actual structure, the crowdsale reminds me of :

sucky, sucky, 5 dollars, crowdsale ends in 8 hours !
Ming Lee, Cartman
zhongzy

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:41:43 PM

i  see Signature campaign starting soon! when ,i am waiiting for join this project ,Wishing for the project will be successful than what I expected
WitekRadomski

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 09:59:46 PM

Enjin Coin is going to be supported in the following platforms by the end of the year:
- Minecraft (Sponge, Spigot, Forge plugins)
- Unturned (Rocketmod)
- The Enjin CMS website platform

All three of the above have a huge, active userbase. The players on these games/platforms already buy and sell virtual items, and with Enjin Coin they'll see some awesome improvements in how they can manage game items and currencies.

In developing support into Rocketmod, we're also going to automatically support the upcoming future games that Rocketmod adds.
After these integrations, depending on our progress we may experiment with DKP support for various MMO games.

Part of our tokens are allocated to developer partnerships. We have partnered with many game developers in the past, and we plan to do so in the future. Meanwhile, we will develop SDKs based on our roadmap and work on plugin integrations for games that support it. Once there's a simple UDK / Unity plugin which immediately brings the power of Enjin Coin assets (and the vibrant community) to your game, this will be very appealing for many game developers.

Funding Allocation

All funds contributed in the Crowdsale will be used solely for the development, promotion, and growth of Enjin Coin Platform.
  • 50% Development
  • 30% Marketing & Growth
  • 5% Security
  • 5% Legal
  • 5% Hosting & Infrastructure
  • 5% Contingency

There's a whole page devoted to breaking this down in the whitepaper.
Here's a link to it: https://enjincoin.io/enjincoin_whitepaper.pdf

WitekRadomski

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 10:31:02 PM

The ERC20 token itself is going to be fairly standard. This is what Ethereum tokens are designed for - giving access to a specific ecosystem of functionality. Building on the Ethereum blockchain lets us skip all the boilerplate crypto (mining, nodes, etc) and focus all our energy on the features and infrastructure that get this used by the population and implemented into games. If we need to upgrade any of the smart contracts that use Enjin Coin, then this can be achieved. It's an implementation detail.

Regarding customized smart contracts by game developers: yes, it's absolutely possible to develop new functionality around the token, adding new smart contracts tailored to your game to augment the existing features. ENJ will be the parent unit of currency accepted in our ecosystem. The majority of use-cases will be handled by the available smart contracts (the Mint, Payment Gateway Contract, Smart Wallet Contract, Subscription Contract, Custom Coin Registry, and TopList Contracts).

Why would someone use it instead of their own system? These things take a lot of energy and expertise to build properly. Why doesn't every website implement its own forum software? Why doesn't every game company build its own social network like Enjin? You can ask this about any system. We're here to build a fantastic and powerful platform that easily introduces decentralized assets to gamers. Game publishers and community owners will instantly gain access to a large community of gamers that have these assets available to spend. They'll have subscription support, in-game payment support, item/asset creation, and the rest of the features all ready to use. It's absolutely appealing to a developer, especially the smaller indie developers at the start.

I'm sure we can agree that having friendly website infrastructure like Coinbase has made cryptocurrencies way more accessible than they were back in 2009-2012.

We're trying to do this for games, and we can't wait to get it developed.

nemgun

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 11:07:34 PM

The ERC20 token itself is going to be fairly standard. This is what Ethereum tokens are designed for - giving access to a specific ecosystem of functionality. Building on the Ethereum blockchain lets us skip all the boilerplate crypto (mining, nodes, etc) and focus all our energy on the features and infrastructure that get this used by the population and implemented into games. If we need to upgrade any of the smart contracts that use Enjin Coin, then this can be achieved. It's an implementation detail.

Regarding customized smart contracts by game developers: yes, it's absolutely possible to develop new functionality around the token, adding new smart contracts tailored to your game to augment the existing features. ENJ will be the parent unit of currency accepted in our ecosystem. The majority of use-cases will be handled by the available smart contracts (the Mint, Payment Gateway Contract, Smart Wallet Contract, Subscription Contract, Custom Coin Registry, and TopList Contracts).

Why would someone use it instead of their own system? These things take a lot of energy and expertise to build properly. Why doesn't every website implement its own forum software? Why doesn't every game company build its own social network like Enjin? You can ask this about any system. We're here to build a fantastic and powerful platform that easily introduces decentralized assets to gamers. Game publishers and community owners will instantly gain access to a large community of gamers that have these assets available to spend. They'll have subscription support, in-game payment support, item/asset creation, and the rest of the features all ready to use. It's absolutely appealing to a developer, especially the smaller indie developers at the start.

I'm sure we can agree that having friendly website infrastructure like Coinbase has made cryptocurrencies way more accessible than they were back in 2009-2012.

We're trying to do this for games, and we can't wait to get it developed.

Once again, iti s not faire to use new accounts to pump the thread, most of the time new accounts are created to ask questions as they need either support or more details about the project. I could go towards a scam accusation and ask about the identity of the newbie account, connected at the same time as you are, complimenting the project. Let me answer in a more direct way because i wasted enough time on this thread, saying that game developers will come to enjin in order to create smarts and interface them with their project is bragging, have a look at waves, even waves team members can't escrow every project built on their project while it is a blockchain who gives the capacity to create tokens. while you give the possibility to create sub-tokens of your token, you are nothing in this industry, how can you say that you will attract these guys while they have better sollutions, even indie games devs will be more interested into tailoring their own sollution without been limited to an ecosystem, 18 millions users isn't a notable amount in the gaming industry, the most interesting would be know how many users are connected simultaneously, maybe 100k, 50k, and how many of them are buyers ? how many are interested to buy skins and contents of games developed by an indie dev, 10, 100 ? What would be such a volume ? 200$ a day ? maybe in a month, you should revise the business model, this is why i asked you to remove the thread because it is ridiculous.
I am telling witek, you are a small player, compared to you i am a god, you are selling air, not even dreams, because a dream have to be developed in order to be realised, but you are selling just air, which is ERC20, you can't change air. Once again i advise you to lock this htread been scam accused. forget about your ego, when you have ego it means that you are intelligent, but here you are playing idiot.

Conclusion
You talk about marketing, hype, a fake development, you just want to spend 50% on the development while it would cost maximum 50k-100k USD to realise it, i am talking about top level devs and very expencive, and you ask about 25 Millions for the development which is a money scam for me.
30% in marketing, about 15 Millions USD, which is absurde, and just about 5% contingency, i know that you are confidente, but in practice you are far from the reality.

Final conclusion
A lot of promises, but poor development, close to the non sence. You was interesting in the beggining, but now i think that it is insulting for me, to talk with a small player like you, you don't have what it takes. Lock the thread before than i post a scam accusation, i have a lot of elements.
Maximb

Activity: 164
Merit: 101

Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 11:40:35 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2017, 01:22:22 AM by Maximb

Final conclusion
A lot of promises, but poor development, close to the non sence. You was interesting in the beggining, but now i think that it is insulting for me, to talk with a small player like you, you don't have what it takes. Lock the thread before than i post a scam accusation, i have a lot of elements.

nemgun, you are constantly trolling and spamming this thread. You should focus on your own project. I understand your blind hate towards everything Ethereum, so I'm not surprised by your comments.

The Enjin Coin Whitepaper clearly defines every aspect of this project and why we feel it will be a huge success. It's one of the first Ethereum based tokens that is going live on Enjin for instant utility and adoption across millions of gamers. Our plans are clear in how we expect this coin to be adopted quickly.

Enjin was founded in 2009 and is now the largest gaming community creation platform online:

• 250,000 gaming communities created
  • 18 million registered gamers
  • 60M global views per month
  • Gaming focused Content Management System

Our store system (DonationCraft and Enjin Store) processes millions of USD per month in virtual goods sales. Feel free to view the community list here: https://www.enjin.com/communities (Click the various communities and check out the store systems they have setup)

I urge you to actually read the whitepaper and check out http://www.enjin.com and http://enjincoin.io
Once you take the time to read and understand, you will gain a proper vision of why this coin has the best chance of success in the gaming market.

CEO - Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming
nemgun

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 12:57:42 AM

Final conclusion

nemgun, you are constantly trolling and spamming this thread. You should focus on your own project. I understand your blind hate towards everything Ethereum, so I'm not surprised by your comments.

The Enjin Coin Whitepaper clearly defines every aspect of this project and why we feel it will be a huge success. It's one of the first Ethereum based tokens that is going live on Enjin for instant utility and adoption across million of gamers. Our plans are clear in how we expect this coin to be adopted quickly.

Enjin was founded in 2009 and is now the largest gaming community creation platform online:

• 250,000 gaming communities created
  • 18 million registered gamers
  • 60M global views per month
  • Gaming focused Content Management System

Our store system (DonationCraft and Enjin Store) processes millions of USD per month in virtual goods sales. Feel free to view the community list here: https://www.enjin.com/communities (Click the various communities and check out the store systems they have setup)

I urge you to actually read the whitepaper and check out http://www.enjin.com and http://enjincoin.io
Once you take the time to read and understand, you will gain a proper vision of why this coin has the best chance of success in the gaming market.

Little shit, I do not respect you at all, maybe I respect a little witek, but you're just an idiot, never tell me that I troll or spam, you are like a small escort trying to earn money. I do not even consider you a human being, not even a shit that I could shit, I still have a bit of respect for witek, and now you come to troll yourself, I'm talking Developement, and you talk about marketing, stop confirming what I say, you are a CEO, you are not supposed to interfer in this thread. Proof that you're a shit, you do not have any developement answer, instead you talk like an excited pompom girl who own 60k satoshis, I do not want to lower my level at you. One would say that I speak to a newbie who have just landed in the world of Bitcoin, and even such guys, would ask questions about the development of bitcoin and ethereum. Be aware guys, you're both crap, you're trying to pump a thread, and it's shit. Apparently I solved your problem of thread pumping, it is not a problem, the only concern is about people, investors, who will read the posts before putting their money. I think it is you the CEO that is the problem, and you told your team that you were going to have funds from the crowdsale because you put your project in financial difficulty, that you will have funds but in the final You will not have anything, because you take the Bitcoin world for idiots, and that it is easy to do a crowdsale.

Good luck with your scam.
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 06:02:50 AM

I love the cartoon characters. It's really cool. I hope this coin works I see you say you will distribute to 30000 different gaming communies ? Which gaming communities ? Can we have an example of some ? I also want to get the wallet it looks very nice.
Attractive and different design.
Maximb

Activity: 164
Merit: 101

Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming.

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 06:26:19 AM

I love the cartoon characters. It's really cool. I hope this coin works I see you say you will distribute to 30000 different gaming communies ? Which gaming communities ? Can we have an example of some ? I also want to get the wallet it looks very nice.
Attractive and different design.

Thanks for the feedback! Coins will slowly be released to approximately 30,000 verified gaming communities on Enjin. Thousands of communities are already anticipating it and we're receiving many partnership offers. You can view the various communities that will receive Enjin Coins here:

http://www.enjin.com/communities

CEO - Enjin Coin - Smart Cryptocurrency for Gaming
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:10:32 AM

I made a pretty long post on the (not yet active) subreddit, but I'll put down a few of my major concerns here, too: How could you possibly integrate EnjinCoin, a cryptocurrency asset on the Ethereum blockchain, to your community, which are largely children? How will you see adoption when, beyond this, the people investing in this coin are not the same people who will be using it. (Minecraft gamers and crypto investors don't mix much. Look at all the failed Minecraft Crypto servers). Why are you paying the team with 18% (yikes!) of ENJ supply, as well as paying them through ICO sales? Double paying? IF ENJ is widely adopted by your millions of users, who is paying the ETH transaction? Kids would be wanting to send a few dollars back and forth all the time. That doesn't work with current fees.

Most importantly, why make your own currency? Why not partner with GameCredits, who is already seeking to achieve just this?
WitekRadomski

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 06:54:25 PM

Thanks for the critical feedback, jeffthebaker. You brought up some good questions. I'll re-post my detailed answer from Reddit:

1. Target market

It's true there are a lot of younger gamers in Minecraft. Servers on Enjin are still processing over a million dollars in digital item/rank/powerup payments monthly, so the digital asset economy in Minecraft is already active and doing well. We've started to see shops appearing for Unturned as well, and there are third party plugins available now that use the Enjin API for in-game purchases.

With the bonus coins we'll be sending to active communities over the next few years, we're planning to create incentives for servers to offer rewards and further spread free coins around their communities. We've also received hundreds of partnership applications as well - we're going to work closely with many communities to help them genuinely reward their players and increase participation in the game and website. This will give players with no other access to funds a way to be rewarded and participate as well. Our goal is to put Enjin Coins and assets into the hands of the widest population of gamers we can.

In future partnerships with game developers, subscriptions to games may include coins. We'll be carefully rationing out the 16% marketing supply for a few years. It's difficult to plan more than a couple of years in, but if our supply is exhausted we may start buying-back coins for further promotion.

The ease-of-use of the Enjin Coin infrastructure is one of the major reasons we're building this. We know we can improve the UX leages over all the wallets available today. I'll write a detailed Medium article describing the planned user experience soon! Smiley

The wallet will sync with trusted platforms, so it'll be very intuitive to use. The usability of crypto has not progressed as much as it could have in 8 years, and our team is focusing hard on this low-hanging fruit.

2. Why a new coin?

A big reason for choosing Ethereum is that it has abstracted away all the boilerplate work of managing a full cryptocurrency. It has a world-class developer community, and the more eyeballs and brilliant minds are focusing on a technology, the faster it will advance.

After investigating GameCredits and DigiByte, we gain infinitely more control with smart contracts on Ethereum. Neither of those currencies are compatible with our vision for crypto in gaming.

We also need a larger team, funding and motivation to put significant long-term energy into building quality infrastructure around the coin. This is the most logical way to proceed so that we can innovate.

3. Why Ethereum?

We looked at a few other blockchains, and other projects like Stratis and Counterparty could also work out. But Ethereum is production-ready, we love the development community and progress happening. Everything we want to do can be achieved on Ethereum.

The hacks in the past week were pretty bad - I totally agree, but they were not caused by a flaw in Ethereum itself. They can be attributed to developer error. We're working with some of the best Solidity and security experts in the world to ensure our contracts are rock solid.

4. Transaction Fees

Agreed. The existing transaction fees may be in the tens of cents at this time. I'm keeping a close watch on Raiden Network as its initial versions will facilitate ERC-20 token transactions that cost essentially nothing. By the time we're rolling out our major features and sending coins to thousands of communities I'm hoping Raiden will be close to launch. With enough funding we could even consider putting developers onto this and contributing to development.

5. Crowdsale Rules

I understand your feedback. We've started working with a blockchain consulting firm and may update the whitepaper's crowdsale terms pending their feedback. Our soft-cap is 60k ether and to develop our roadmap properly at speed, we feel this is a reasonable funding amount. We're not talking about a hackney/experiment coin, but a serious long term development, hiring and marketing effort for all technology surrounding Enjin Coin.

I genuinely believe in our core team and the goals of this project. We want to be here in another decade having made a huge impact on crypto and gaming.

6. Minting

Custom coins represent game assets and their value will build on top of their base ENJ value. I will admit to you that the fixed exchange rate presented in the current design is simplistic, and our economics advisors are working on options we could add to impact the way item value affects the entire ENJ economy. I'll be posting some thorough discussions about the economics on Medium in the coming days/weeks! Smiley It's a very sexy and exciting topic. Smiley

7. Not the first cryptocurrency for gaming

Ok ok, fair enough :-)

Enjin is the first cryptocurrency that I feel offers a usable experience for the gaming community. If you look at some cryptocurrencies currently targeted at gamers (i won't name names) they're essentially a bitcoin clone re-branded to gaming.

But our enthusiasm may have gotten ahead of us. We could re-word that better, thank you for the feedback.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: