Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2017, 03:14:49 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PEERITY.IO | A Community-Building Social Platform [PEER]  (Read 8182 times)
morlun

Activity: 152

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 03:03:07 AM

[ANN]PEERITY.IO: The Social Community-building Platform

CONNECT | CREATE | CONTRIBUTE

What is Peerity.io?

• A single location for users and communities to find each other, share ideas and content, and organize events.

• A community-building platform that brings people together, and allows them to shape their communities how they want it. We are aligning the incentives between creators, the network, and consumers. Peerity rewards activity and community-building interactions.

• Whether you are a new rock band trying to become popular, an art organization throwing an event, a teacher with students you would like to reward, or a company trying to crowdfund a new product, Peerity.io has got you covered.

• Activity network vs social network- Typical social networks up until now have inspired anti-social behavior. With Peerity we would like to do the opposite, by creating incentive for groups and individuals to create content, organize an event, or perform other acts that will help grow the community. In normal situations, positive social interaction helps grow communities. This is the kind of behavior we want to reward. And this reward comes in the form of the Peerity token.

Why Peerity.io?

There is a general trend towards 'social cooling'. The constant use of traditional media leaves us with a feeling of constant surveillance. Your data is being sold to the highest bidder. The online social media space is one of exploitation.  Users are the cattle, the product is your mind.  You give and give but get nothing in return.  It is rent seeking of the soul. We will NEVER sell user data. You as a user retain the full control over the small amount of data we store.

There is a distinct lack of good and free community building tools in the wild. We will allow communities to gain fully decentralized governance of their community rules and payout structure as they grow in size and activity.

We want to battle the attention economy that is being created by social media sites such as Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram. On these platforms, advertizers are paying the sites for your attention. They are literally paying for your time and attention. But you, the user, are getting nothing in return except more advertizing.

How will it work?

• Communities are at the heart of peerity. Each person is not an island. We are, and must be, all connected.  By recognizing and rewarding pro-social behavior we enable individuals, communites, and groups to work together to create, connect, and contribute to each other. Activity on Peerity creates peerity tokens which in turn are distributed among the communities and users. They can be used to pay for site features, products from other users, and to reward and patronize work and causes you believe in.

• Peerity.io will be a social media platform that focuses on communities instead of individuals. Users can join or create communities, create content posts, sell items through built-in e-commerce, organize events both on-and offline, and setup and support crowdfund projects within their communities.

THE PEERITY NETWORK

The Peerity blockchain runs on Tendermint. We decided to use Tendermint because of its superior speed and BFT (Byzantine Fault Tolerance) consensus engine. It also allows us to make our blockchain flexible and dynamic, not just for us but towards other existing projects as well.

Peer Servers are the validators in our Tendermint-based blockchain. They are responsible for committing new blocks on the chain. The amount and selection of Peer servers is done by Peerity Inc. If you are interested in becoming a Peer server, get in contact with us at info@peerity.io

Access to our closed alpha and beta phase is reserved for Peer server operators and participants of the private and public crowdfunding rounds. Invitations will be sent on a first-come, first-serve basis.

THE PEERITY TOKEN

Peerity uses a native crypto token to reward pro-active members of communities for their participation in their communities.

The Peerity token uses variable creation rate based on activity level of the platform. This means less tokens are being minted into the system when there is low activity taking place. We do this to to make sure that if there is little activity on the site one user or one small group of users doesn't get over-rewarded in a way that is unfair to the rest of the userbase. This is especially true during our closed alpha and beta stages, when we will minimize the token supply rate as much as possible.

The Peerity token can be used for crowdfunding of projects and the purchase of e-commerce items on the Peerity platform, giving it an inherent usability.

The Peerity token supply will be created through two processes.

1. An  initial pre-allocation of 100 million coins in the initial block of the blockchain which will be used for the crowdfunding campaign of the Peerity  platform.
2. An  ongoing creation of tokens through our Distributed Proof of Stake system  based on the Peerity platform’s activity level. The more activity there is  on the network, the more tokens will be created.

The initial Peerity token allocation is 100 million coins, generated in the genesis block. These 100 million are distributed accordingly:

The Peerity Team

The team of 5 founders behind Peerity.io have an extensive combined background in blockchain development, datacenter networking, finance, and project and community management. We have experience building websites handling millions of daily visitors and operating datacenters serving millions of customers for global multi-nationals. Our team is growing rapidly and we are always on the lookout for highly skilled professionals to strengthen our project. If you have any interest in collaborating in any way to the Peerity project, please reach out to us at info@peerity.io.

The Peerity Crowdfund

The current scene for fundraisers in the crypto world is under heavy scrutiny from both professionals and pundits alike. One of the main grievances with token crowdsales is that tokens are only created for the sole purpose of being able to launch an initial crowdsale of the tokens.
Peerity wants to break with this trend. Our token will be heavily integrated into our platform, providing a real-world use for the token from the day we launch the Peerity platform.
Another common consequence of the traditional coin offering model is that it is not a sustainable model. Companies and organizations gather a substantial amount of funding from a single investment round and have limited potential to find follow-up funding. Peerity will be having a two phase crowdfund. A small release in october of 20m tokens, and then a second round TBD for 60m tokens. There will be no follow on rounds after these. Once the platform has been constructed, the Peerity development team will be funded by the continued payout of a maximum of 5% of the total daily created Peer tokens. This eliminates the need for additional funding rounds and ensures the indefinite continuation of the Peerity platform.

The Peerity public crowdfunding round will be based on an Ethereum ERC20 token, which will be redeemable for our native Peer tokens after the Peerity beta platform launches.

Round 1 Tokensale start date: October 15, 2017

Round 1 Tokensale end date: November 15, 2017

Total supply during public crowdfund is 80 million PEER tokens. Tokens that have not been sold at the end of the crowdfund will be distributed among the participants in the PEER crowdfund, effectively lowering the price per token.
We will be accepting Ether during the public crowdfund and Bitcoin during private rounds.

Peerity Timeline

Peerity Resources

Official Peerity Website
    Peerity Whitepaper
    Peerity Blog
    Peerity Steemit Account
    Peerity Twitter Account
    Peerity Facebook Account
    Peerity Linkedin Account
    Peerity Discord Channel
    Peerity Telegram Channel
    Tendermint Official Website

Peerity Bounty Program

The Peerity bounty programs are up and running:
    Peerity Signature Campaign
    Peerity Twitter Campaign
    Peerity Articles and Translations Campaign

This post will be updated as more news becomes available.

[/list]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    morlun

View Profile WWW
    July 18, 2017, 03:07:06 AM

RESERVED

Peerity

Activity: 10

View Profile
    July 18, 2017, 03:16:18 AM

Reserved for future updates, Because Bitcoin talk requires that ANN posts are made from an an active account the account morlun was purchased from a user who had an account we could use.

From here on out all official Peerity statements will be made from this account. Please direct all replies to this Post to the  Peerity account or to info@peerity.io .
    Thank you for you interest in our project!
    virtualgrowth

Activity: 32

View Profile
    July 18, 2017, 04:51:23 AM

Great to see!  Look forward to peerity.  Congrats also to jacobts for being involved.

Best to Peerity and its team,
    virtualgrowth
    morlun

View Profile WWW
    July 18, 2017, 06:02:47 AM

Great to see!  Look forward to peerity.  Congrats also to jacobts for being involved.

Best to Peerity and its team,
    virtualgrowth

Thank you! We are excited to make this into a reality with the support of the community.

topbitcoin

Activity: 406

Indonesian Translator

View Profile
    July 18, 2017, 08:38:37 AM

Reserving indonesian translation if needed..  Thank you

If you would have bothered to read the post, we might have considered it. You lost your chance now though...

I will repeat this:
    If you want to reserve translation bounties, please send a pm and not a reply on this thread!

Ahh sorry i didnt see that.. Its ok good luck with your project Wink

▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███▀▀
    ▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
         ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀  ██                 ▀██
      ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
    █▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
    ▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
     ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
      ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
      ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
       ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
         ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    UTRUST▀████████▄
      ▀███████▄
        ▀██████▄
          ▀██████
           ▀█████
            ▀████▄
             █████
              ▀███
               ███
               ▀██
                ██
                 █
    ●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    facebook      twitter      slack
    ▀████████▄
      ▀███████▄
        ▀██████▄
          ▀██████
           ▀█████
            ▀████▄
             █████
              ▀███
               ███
               ▀██
                ██
                 █
    Mr-Dark

Activity: 15

View Profile
    July 18, 2017, 01:08:01 PM

Good to see the official announcement. I am very active on steemit you can find me as @varunsangwan. I'm already in the peerity discord channel as Mr. Dark. My good friend applecrisp alerted me about the Bitcoin talk posting.
    \
    dqhuang

Activity: 147

View Profile
    July 18, 2017, 01:12:14 PM

You have a good preparation to start ICO.
    I strongly believe that ICO spectiv will be successfu

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▌▌  PROPY  ▐▐▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
    ▬▬▬▬  Global Property Store with Decentralized Title Registry  ▬▬▬▬
      Slack      Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      Bitcointalk      Medium      Reddit 
    BitsifyOfficial

Activity: 269

View Profile
    July 18, 2017, 01:21:39 PM

Good to see the official announcement. I am very active on steemit you can find me as @varunsangwan. I'm already in the peerity discord channel as Mr. Dark. My good friend applecrisp alerted me about the Bitcoin talk posting and encouraged me to request doing the translation. I am native of india since birth I will be honored to help you with the translations in Hindi.

Thank you

Wow, one of the team members literally said a few posts ago,if you want to reserve a translation, PM them, don't post on this thread...

jznsamuel

Activity: 45

View Profile
    August 01, 2017, 06:41:56 AM

This looks exciting, I've always been one for collaborative communities and like to support and be a part of such initiatives.

All the best to the team, and looking forward to further updates on the bounty and development.
    crynvestor

Activity: 5

View Profile
    August 01, 2017, 06:48:07 AM

Have been talking a while with some of the founders and developers after a friend of mine told me about them and I'm really psyched about it! Already have some ideas that I could be working out with this platform... Can't wait to help in alpha and beta builds!
    Will follow this one closely and all of the best luck to the developers!
    iefken

Activity: 280

Live by your own rules

View Profile
    August 01, 2017, 06:50:07 AM

Is there already some preview of the 'platform' you're building? Having a difficult time trying to get an idea of the platform you're building Smiley regards!
    libert19

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
    August 01, 2017, 07:46:23 AM

I have been hearing about peerity for few weeks, the concept looks promising. Let's see how it goes. Best wishes

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
    █     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
    ██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
    boyprodn

Activity: 112

Vinh

View Profile
    August 01, 2017, 07:55:55 AM

reserved translation to Vietnamese if needed sir. Please PM me

entar pasar

Activity: 98

World's First Reverse Merchant Processor

View Profile
    August 01, 2017, 08:12:05 AM

great project i think. but it can be greater if it launch other bounties, not only for translation

lodasama

Activity: 84

View Profile
    August 01, 2017, 08:18:34 AM

Though with a slightly creepy name, I'm sure it's an interesting project, they will not make us into zombies, right ?, really interesting idea, I hope this project continues to grow,
    addicto
    Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile
    August 01, 2017, 08:28:47 AM

According to the timeline demo version will come online in this month. Any video presentation about this project this idea is interesting to people around the world through this platform. I would to know more about how this will work.

heelzkinu

Activity: 81

Elegance Marketing Pvt. ltd.

View Profile WWW
    August 01, 2017, 11:38:43 AM

I think it's a great social media network community.
    I'm with it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    BLOCKCHAIN  DIGITAL  BANK          NEBEUS  PRE ICO    OPEN
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬      FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM      ▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Sy

Activity: 896

World's First Reverse Merchant Processor

View Profile
    August 01, 2017, 12:10:58 PM

Totally loved the idea behind the project. BTW I was wondering that how do you pronounce the name of your project?

jznsamuel

Activity: 45

View Profile
    August 01, 2017, 06:49:48 PM

Though with a slightly creepy name, I'm sure it's an interesting project, they will not make us into zombies, right ?, really interesting idea, I hope this project continues to grow,

Haha, I think the name is great and apt, especially since it's got 'Peer' in it which gives a sense of community.

And I especially love the logo, would definitely like to know the story behind it's concept.
    Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
      Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.