Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:19:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple++  (Read 2447 times)
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 07:26:18 PM

if you develope this, people probably going to mine and trade

In this case I have to repeat:

I suspect that Ripple's protection against a Sybil attack is flawed, so noone should use Ripple++ as real money.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:05:56 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 08:48:40 AM by Come-from-Beyond

Regarding the minting:

Code:
Reward = 1'000'000 - TotalSupply / 100'000

Code:
Difficulty = TotalSupply, but not less than 10'000'000

Reward is how much XXX u'll get after completing minting. Difficulty is how many hashes (in average) u have to calculate to complete minting.

Minting will be stopped after the total supply reaches 100'000'000'000 XXX, just like in Ripple. When some XXX is destroyed due to transaction fees, minting will be possible again. In the distant future the total supply will oscillate near the limit (a graph should look like ripple Smiley).
webr3

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:29:36 PM

I have seen a lot of threads which state that Ripple is a scam. I tried to examine this by myself, I read the technical details, but my IQ isn't high enough to come to the final conclusion. I have to admit that the theory behind Ripple is too sophisticated for me (or flawed), so I decided to conduct an experiment.

The experiment is quite simple, I'll try to replicate base functionality of Ripple. If I get something similar then I'll consider that I got the essence of the idea.

I don't want to care about distribution of premined XRP, so I'll publish mining software.

I'm posting here to know if someone supports this experiment. I expect that u mine some coins, use them for fake trades and post ur feedback.

PS: Don't post here if u support the experiment, talking is cheap and phrases like "do it" can be just sarcasm. Better send some coins (1 satoshi is enough), so I can see how many people support my approach.

BTC - 1M8vq7g36WLwM8HZcmeWxJtaspiKWRaY2p
LTC - LMktYn1mLLS9WWzt2ScyWMD7Pw9fc4nJsP

You need to separate XRP from ripple.

Try using ripple for everything other than XRP transactions, then recreate that, and you'll have ripple again.

So maybe you just want to make another alt coin.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:32:44 PM

So maybe you just want to make another alt coin.

I want to make another coin (without "alt"), but it's not about Ripple. Look at my signature.
Francesco

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:06:45 PM

if you develope this, people probably going to mine and trade

In this case I have to repeat:

I suspect that Ripple's protection against a Sybil attack is flawed, so noone should use Ripple++ as real money.

TradeFortress publicly exposed what he believes to be a flaw. Do the same. I guess it wouldn't be so hard to find enough Ripple skeptics and perform an attack if the system is flawed.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:56:48 AM

seems like a neat idea - watching it
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: