Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:42:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I am a semi-pro welsh musician & this is why LiteCoin is going to help me.  (Read 926 times)
Isaacariah (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:17:03 PM

So my name's Isaac Birchall, I'm a semi-pro acoustic rock musician based in North Wales.

I've struggled on over the years making a few quid from gigs, and not much selling my album online, I don't mind - my main interest is enjoying the process of writing and performing music.

I am currently taking the step forward after a massive, but brief, viral stage where my SoundCloud got 20,000 hits in a short time, of removing my album from sale for fiat currency, and instead accepting nothing but LTC donations.

Money I am paid for performing live now goes straight into a currency exchange and LTC are purchased. This way I am investing my music, rather than just keeping up pace, in something that could very likely pay for my success. By investing the return from my music & donations from album sales in LTC, I look set, should LTC's value increase enough, to hopefully in the future have the money available to get some proper time at a recording studio, market, advertise and push my music, all the things that need decent money in order to be worth-while.

I understand it is not without risk, however I think this appeals to my two main interests, Music & IT, and the support of both.

If any musicians have similar stories, or if anyone can offer some advice, I'd be really appreciative.

In the mean time, if you'd like a listen, you can find my 30 minute acoustic rock album, completely free, HERE: https://soundcloud.com/isaacbirchall/sets/the-sleep-sessions
Tobius

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:33:43 PM

Best of luck!
aepfel

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:42:44 PM

Why you did choose LTC instead BTC?

Flowers:12bS438q2K2UMYHiaw2PcFzuKgiL4atvsP
bitmessage:BM-2DAaQwRQqsBuzW2j6AQHGQ9G2ePb9crmaV
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 12:50:24 PM

I wish you good luck in your career, and for people who wants to listen to his music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qbmE-Wb370
weisoq

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:06:27 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2013, 03:49:41 PM by weisoq

I'm biased because I think it's a good concept, but you may also want to have a look at devcoin as it exists to support ideas like yours I think. There was a recent discussion on the concept of music and labels here - ideas for ventures, including music. Good luck

Edit: just listened to your album, nice. If you get yourself a devcoin wallet I'll send you a couple of litecoin's worth (I only really do dvc, don't have litecoins). You can then sell/switch as you choose.
bitbitcoincoin

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:10:59 PM

This, you should at least consider taking both.  To that point, you should also give your fans the option to still pay in fiat as well.  Don't think of crytpocurrency as a either/or situation, think of it as a addition to your online presence.
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:24:11 PM

I'll purchase if you continue taking LTC.

Some of my ancestors are from England and Wales so want to support for that reason too.

Cheers!

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
Isaacariah (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:51:47 PM

Great replies, thankyou!

Because I want to support LTC - BTC is great, and obviously without it there'd be no LTC, but in order to make this less of a "He's just after a bunch of crypto", I'd like to support the currency I've been mining & trading since the beginning.

I'll purchase if you continue taking LTC.

Some of my ancestors are from England and Wales so want to support for that reason too.

Cheers!

Thankyou very much Smiley

I wish you good luck in your career, and for people who wants to listen to his music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qbmE-Wb370

Thanks for the plug, appreciated!
Isaacariah (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:59:03 PM

I'm biased because I think it's a good concept, but you may also want to have a look at devcoin as it exists to support ideas like yours I think. There was a recent discussion on the concept of music and labels here - ideas for ventures, including music. Good luck

Edit: just listened to your album, nice. If you get yourself a devcoin wallet I'll send you a couple of litecoin's worth (I only really do dvc, don't have litecoins). You can then sell/switch as you choose.

Thankyou, Very kind, DevCoin addr is: 1ARD2YgX6S9UnwxRg5q49U7L9dz8JXPerD

LTC addr is: Lau5rSSvPDaysR6EZPvUDVFW3WXzqbKKh4
weisoq

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 05:21:48 PM

done
Isaacariah (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 08:20:02 PM

done
Kind, thank-you Smiley
Isaacariah (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:14:43 AM

Just a little bump for visibility Smiley
weisoq

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 09:50:12 PM

Kind, thank-you Smiley
no worries, I'll give this another bump as I think efforts like yours are what this should all be about.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: