Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:22:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the Bitcoin Price going to rise smoothly now or will dip again before 1 Aug?  (Read 1526 times)
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:02:30 PM

I believe no one can give you a definite answer to that question as no one can predict what the future holds for the price of bitcoin except speculations. Little factors like this recent FUD can affect the price of bitcoin and some other factors as well, so as long as you don't know if there would be another FUD tomorrow, then we just keep watching to see what happens. Even no one can really predict what exactly will happen if there would possibly be any fork.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:09:15 PM

BTC Prices are steadily going up, from a low of $1858 to $2300+ at the moment. Any insight into whether it will dip again before the big day? With 60% already showing support for Segwit, a soft fork is almost certain. And with this information out in the world, I think the upward trend has begun. What do you guys think?

Anything can happen in short term, and this is why day trading is compared to gambling. Many people are very worried about the current price, which makes them prone to panic and even lose money if they sell lower than they've bought. This is why experienced investors look for the long term opportunities, they hold for years and almost always in profit, so the short term price moves don't bother them as much. So, the best advice for trading is to always stay calm and try to see the bigger picture.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Cranidos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:14:13 PM

BTC Prices are steadily going up, from a low of $1858 to $2300+ at the moment. Any insight into whether it will dip again before the big day? With 60% already showing support for Segwit, a soft fork is almost certain. And with this information out in the world, I think the upward trend has begun. What do you guys think?

The increase in Bitcoin's price is just a result of some people took the opportunity to buy more bitcoins because of the previous massive drop. Since we have more days left before the activation on August 1st, some are still on neutral mode and constantly monitoring the market for any possible phase changes. However, I believe that as the date comes closer and closer, Bitcoin's price will start to decline again. There are still afraid of the event because up until now, we are all uncertain of what will be the end result. As long as there is no flag raising that means "All are OK now" we will not see major breakthrough about the price of Bitcoin.

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:20:45 PM

I think it will dip, but not because of FUD or panic. It will dip because people will move coins out of exchanges to their wallets for safe keeping. When there's less money on exchanges the walls get thinner, so even a small dump can drop the price by a lot. I'm sure some people will try to take advantage of this to manipulate the prices.

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:50:11 PM

I am just glad the price finally recovers after a week of dropping. Whether the drama is over or majority is buying up after it fall below 2000, it is just good to see the price above 2000 again.
malami

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:52:03 PM

I think we can expect relative stability, people are obviously a bit euphoric that Segwit seems to be becoming likely now.

▬▬▬▬ Lendoit ▮ P2P Cross Border Lending ▮ Lendoit ▬▬▬▬
All You Need Is Loan ▰▰ Revolutionizing the Lending Industry
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[TGE on December 2017]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:21:24 PM

I want to invest more into bitcoins. Is this the right time to buy or should I wait a couple of days for the price to dip a bit...say about 2000$?

The price is prone to dip before the day of segwit, and that will be a good time to buy more of Bitcoin and wait for its increase in price.
So, waiting for a couple of days before buying will be okay.
hurain

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:24:37 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2017, 03:56:28 PM by hurain

I think it will dip, but not because of FUD or panic. It will dip because people will move coins out of exchanges to their wallets for safe keeping. When there's less money on exchanges the walls get thinner, so even a small dump can drop the price by a lot. I'm sure some people will try to take advantage of this to manipulate the prices.
yes that can be the reason otherwise currently people are not welling to sell their bitcoin, i am sure that they will hold their bitcoin, they want  hold bitcoin for a long time tell the price of bitcoin reach to the price of 5000$ or even more.
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:38:58 PM

It's sure the price of Bitcoin will dip before the big day, and does who will buy will be in a good place , but after the segwit, the price of Bitcoin will increase high in the market.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:44:34 PM

The uptrend began earlier after bitcoin's price went lower than 1900 USD and it seems that bitcoin is a bit stabilizing now on its current price. However, we are still approaching August 1st, people still might tend to panic sell again and Bitcoin will going to drop again. As of now, we are still uncertain of what will happen specifically so some might be still afraid of what will happen. I believe that we will encounter a drop on the last week of July as we go closer to the day.
Bolog

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:54:27 PM

Steady rise from now on until August IMO.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:55:15 PM

I think it is a foolishness to predict the rate of BTC in this situation. Anything can happen, the price may get back to 1500+ or it may reach back to 2500$ in 2 days again. The question we have to ask everyone is whether segwit will improve the adaptation of Bitcoin?? What will happen if there happens a split??
+1
There is no one who can predict accurately what will happen, bitcoin price is not something that can be foretold by any standard research.
Using standard technical indicators or market assessment method simply won't work. There are always couple possible scenarios waiting to happen.
In the case of a split, there is no need to worry, bitcoin simply will follow Ethereum steps and gradually rise over time.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:56:37 PM

Seriously....

There is always going to be a dip. There has been at least 4 dips today... more dipping tomorrow and plenty of dipping till Aug 1st... then more dipping throughout the year, decades, centuries.

Smoothly - haha.... where is the fun in that. You want smooth, stick your money in a bank.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:04:12 PM

it is very hard to say. the FUD was defeated and people now know the reality of the fork so the price is rising.
there is still a couple of things that may change and go wrong so the risk has not gone away completely but this risk has always been there and nothing about it has changed. the exagerated FUD has just stopped.

which is why i say there may be some wild swings, not as big as before but still wild, in the future.

but i agree that the total trend will be UP

I knew it would drop then go to just under $2300 and if you look at the price right now I was righ. Look at my previous post a made about it a few days before. Gosh I love being right. Now Bitcoin is going to maybe drop once more but it's going to rocket past $3000 and more then what it wioo stay at $3000 this time and slowly increase the next drop will be like to 2500 after rexhong a stable $3000 if there is one that is. People don't listen so they lost their money I made like %15 in a few day. I love dumpers they make me rich ^^

legera

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:06:27 PM

Nobody can really tell but the first signs of signalling seem to be positive. You never know what else might happen in between though. Maybe it's just Mcafee's dick bet pumping the price Grin
Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:19:05 PM

I think it will be smooth. Hopefully people have calmed down and realized the world isn't going to end and everything is going to be ok. People get afraid so easily. No wonder people make sgroies up to manipulate the market with all these people fearing everything.
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 08:25:31 PM

It can't be predicted precisely whether there will be a dip in the prices of bitcoin or it will rise up more but that's something most of us have always failed to predict and predictions may go wrong but still I think that the prices of bitcoin are not going to drop at least this week. About August 1 only one thing can be said and that is let's wait and watch and hope for the best. :-)

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:38:41 AM

It can't be predicted precisely whether there will be a dip in the prices of bitcoin or it will rise up more but that's something most of us have always failed to predict and predictions may go wrong but still I think that the prices of bitcoin are not going to drop at least this week. About August 1 only one thing can be said and that is let's wait and watch and hope for the best. :-)

Yeah no one can predict what will exactly happen in coming days it can go either higher or lower and only time can show us clear picture but now price is rising slowly so there are more chances that it will keep on moving in upward direction in coming days.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:44:48 AM

Yeah no one can predict what will exactly happen in coming days it can go either higher or lower and only time can show us clear picture but now price is rising slowly so there are more chances that it will keep on moving in upward direction in coming days.

if the price is down, i think there will be massive buy order in market because people don't want missed to buy lower price. if the price is up, then people which have bitcoin is ready to sell to make profit. if i see in market, there are a few people still panic and confuse, where the price want to go but i am glad that the price is back into $2,xxx although its not too high yet.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:46:10 AM

No one knows if it is a continuous rise or there will be some pulling down before August 1.. But if its going to fall sown then that is going to be another buying time and taking advantage of buying cheaper coins. I will make myself pursue and believe that the price will rise very soon.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀