Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How profitable is it to enter into the mining business now?  (Read 1250 times)
bandish (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:42:51 PM

I have been trading cryptos for about a year now. I want to start mining myself now. But from what I read, mining bitcoins is a fairly expensive task, and difficult too. But there are altcoins that should be much more easy and highly profitable to mine. Can anyone throw some light on this aspect as I am really really up for mining. Please mention what altcoins are the best to go into.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 02:45:00 PM

You'd be looking at about a 200-250 day ROI for any rig you build, price of electricity depending.

I wouldn't advise it.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:13:45 PM

Depends on electrical cost, location, cooling costs, etc. Add to that the fact that the price of BTC is fluctuating wildly due to the possible fork and it is rather risky even though with the high prices nowadays you can attain ROI in less than 300 days in most cases, as difficulty continues to skyrocket. As a rule of thumb, electrical costs above $.10/kWh are not going to be very profitable for mining.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 06:39:16 AM

You'd be looking at about a 200-250 day ROI for any rig you build, price of electricity depending.

I wouldn't advise it.

I wouldn't advise it either. A 200-250 day ROI would be okay in other circumstances but there are too many risks (like price fluctuations, equipment failure, etc) that could extend that ROI indefinitely.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 03:15:25 PM

I have been trading cryptos for about a year now. I want to start mining myself now. But from what I read, mining bitcoins is a fairly expensive task, and difficult too. But there are altcoins that should be much more easy and highly profitable to mine. Can anyone throw some light on this aspect as I am really really up for mining. Please mention what altcoins are the best to go into.
Well it's truly and expensive expenditure but in the future when your mining is continuously working then you will have a good profit income there. Something like a passive income for everyday which you have othing to do with is to maintain only the conditon of your mining rig,computer and some neccesary needed attention in your mining .
Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:23:48 PM

Well it's truly and expensive expenditure but in the future when your mining is continuously working then you will have a good profit income there. Something like a passive income for everyday which you have othing to do with is to maintain only the conditon of your mining rig,computer and some neccesary needed attention in your mining .

Mining could be fun. It is learning while having an avenue for investment. It surely wasn't easy but mining is the place for the diligent and to people who are willing to take some time to wait and to risk.
dommech

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 08:03:33 PM

I'm a complete noob to mining and just bought an Antminer S5 (i got free electricity currently) was thinking about looking in to altcoins with it.
mostly for fun and to learn, ROI within 5 months (acording to noob calculations)  Grin
biocoin_lavkalavka

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:35:04 PM

is mining the same thing as ICO?
Vigens

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:05:08 PM

is mining the same thing as ICO?

No, Ico is for startups.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:53:28 AM

I wouldn't advise it.

here is for bitcoin, and you are looking with cheap electricity for only 5 months roi with an antmienr s9, bought in second hand and not new, but then you have the diff that increase, but you have also bitcoin value that increase

not much of a gamble anymore to take part in the miningactivity, i think it's doable, especially if the value will go very high after segwit
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 08:10:44 PM

I wouldn't advise it.

here is for bitcoin, and you are looking with cheap electricity for only 5 months roi with an antmienr s9, bought in second hand and not new, but then you have the diff that increase, but you have also bitcoin value that increase

not much of a gamble anymore to take part in the miningactivity, i think it's doable, especially if the value will go very high after segwit
If the value is rising mining is profitable, that's correct, but buying and holding while it rises is just as profitable. Not much of a challenge there.
When the value is relatively steady, mining becomes much less profitable thanks to rising difficulty, but it's doable, just like you've said.
The problem starts when the value starts dropping. A holder can sell his coins almost instantly, but selling a miner is much harder.

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:49:57 PM

You'd be looking at about a 200-250 day ROI for any rig you build, price of electricity depending. I wouldn't advise it.

Investing in mining equipment requires some capital and it can take some time before anyone can recoup back his capital though comparing to more known traditional businesses this can still be worthwhile to consider especially now that Bitcoin is back on the rampage and there is a possibility that soon altcoins will also be joining the up/up/away/party.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: