Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:29:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody knows about "Antminer D3"?  (Read 18110 times)
antonio2234 (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:52:29 PM

Hi,

Bitmain offered new product "Antminer D3" with 15,000 Mh/s hashpower.
Is it for Dash?
And is hashpower real? Seems too much!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 04:59:29 PM

Did you really have to start a new thread? There is already a one here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2029822.0

ANUJKMR47

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:33:42 AM

ANTMINER D3  WII BE  AVAILABLE ON 25 JULY 6:30PM
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:48:48 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2029822.0

Try looking at the EXISTING threads before starting a new one.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
rafik2338

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:19:41 PM

An interesting way to make money at the expense of customer naivety.
Why does Bitmain not want to send Antminer on a regular basis? https://shop.bitmain.com/ (sold out)
If they would send the devices up to date, then they would have sold a lot fewer devices, because day by day it would be a noticeable mining difficulty.
However, it is better for them to sell the maximum number of devices two months earlier, because it will not immediately increase the mining difficulty. Mining will fall drastically when the devices they send are connected to the network.
If the customer sees that it can get a lot of money, then he buys many devices right away and sends money two months earlier. If the same customer would see the day-to-day difficulty of mining increase, then he bought much less because the mining difficulty would increase dynamically with each sent device.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:28:25 PM

Why does Bitmain not want to send Antminer on a regular basis?

Because, AS HAS BEEN EXPLAINED A FEW TIMES IN OTHER THREADS, they can't get the CHIPS due to limits of foundry capacity to keep the miners in stock continuously.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
rafik2338

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 08:38:39 PM

I think this is not true, in China are no restrictions on the production of chips, the Chinese always keep up with the production, they produce in tons.
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2017, 10:36:11 PM

I think this is not true, in China are no restrictions on the production of chips, the Chinese always keep up with the production, they produce in tons.

Is not about restrictions, not so many factory can produce this type of chip and is booked by big player wo need chip to ...

So you have to wait in line, your place depend on how much you want, how much you pay.

To get back on money low producer need to command at least 10k chip or miner finish to expensive ...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
KiwiMining

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:49:40 PM

It seems nowadays the "Search" function is invisible to alot of users.... smh this topic has been covered literally everywhere on the interwebs..
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:11:52 PM

The actual ASIC CHIPS are not made in China.

There are *4* foundries in the entire WORLD that are capable of making chips on the 14/16nm node - TSMC in Taiwan, Global Foundries in New York, Samsung in Korea, and Intel (I forget offhand where their foundry is at for this node, somewhere in the US as I recall).

*ALL* of those foundries are booked solid for MONTHS in advanced, and widely reported to be running the applicable lines at 100% capacity.
 Intel doesn't sell capacity to "boutique" manufacturers like Bitmain (I'm pretty sure their only "non-Intel" production is for Apple), GF is overloaded by demand from AMD and IBM and their other smaller LONG-TERM-CONTRACT customers (one of the reasons AMD GPUs continue to be in short supply), Samsung rarely sells their capacity to ANYONE else (NVidia is a rare exception), which leaves most of the demand for "small" chip houses like Bitmain to TSMC.

Sure there are a ton of places that can make older node chips like 28nm and higher, but the ones that can make CURRENT STATE OF THE ART CHIPS like are used in the Bitmain S9 are overloaded by the demand.

DEFINITELY don't confuse production of generic PRODUCTS they can make at home in China like Steel and Aluminum with high-tech production of Semiconductors where they are GENERATIONS behind the current state-of-the-art.

Dopert

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:32:06 PM

If you want to buy antminer d3, please consider and read this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2029822.msg22246844#msg22246844
Phantoms001

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:09:00 AM

Why does Bitmain not want to send Antminer on a regular basis? https://shop.bitmain.com/ (sold out)
If they would send the devices up to date, then they would have sold a lot fewer devices, because day by day it would be a noticeable mining difficulty.
However, it is better for them to sell the maximum number of devices two months earlier, because it will not immediately increase the mining difficulty. Mining will fall drastically when the devices they send are connected to the network.
If the customer sees that it can get a lot of money, then he buys many devices right away and sends money two months earlier. If the same customer would see the day-to-day difficulty of mining increase, then he bought much less because the mining difficulty would increase dynamically with each sent device.

I don't think you understand what is really going on.  When they make the S9 or D3 they DON'T sell itThey mine with it for months making a large amount of money.  Only when the difficulty increases to the point they can sell it with what appears to be a decent ROI does it go on the market to the rest of the world.  Selling the miners is kind of the icing, not the main profit. 

Would you do it any different?  If I had a miner for ETH why would I ever sell it?  I would be making far more mining with it than paying to produce it in large quantities only to make 1k for each unit.  I have the only one, no competition.  Once the difficulty naturally gets to the point that I can make more profit selling the units, only then would you offer your "new" tech to the masses. 
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:20:24 PM

I don't think you understand what is really going on.  When they make the S9 or D3 they DON'T sell itThey mine with it for months making a large amount of money.  Only when the difficulty increases to the point they can sell it with what appears to be a decent ROI does it go on the market to the rest of the world.  Selling the miners is kind of the icing, not the main profit. 

Would you do it any different?  If I had a miner for ETH why would I ever sell it?  I would be making far more mining with it than paying to produce it in large quantities only to make 1k for each unit.  I have the only one, no competition.  Once the difficulty naturally gets to the point that I can make more profit selling the units, only then would you offer your "new" tech to the masses. 

The large bulk of miners that Bitmain makes DO in fact get sold fairly quickly - days or weeks at most NO MONTHS.
 Most of the rest are part of their Hashnest operation.
 If they mined with them for 2 months then sold them, we would have seen a HUGH hashrate jump 2 months ago on X11 (for one recent example).

If they WAIT to sell it, they have to DROP the price quite a bit BECAUSE the diff increased in the meantime - and the capitol investment in those miners is TIED UP SO THEY CAN'T USE THAT MONEY TO BUY MORE CHIPS FOR THE NEXT BATCH TO MAKE MORE MONEY WITH.

YOU are the one that doesn't understand the economics of the situation for Bitmain.
 They don't have infinite cash to work with  - and foundries don't do "credit" with small operations IF they do "credit" at all (I doubt even AMD or Nvidia or Apple get "credit" terms with the foundies - Intel and Samsung don't need to worry about it as foundry owners).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: