Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:24:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning: Mistertango Bank/Exchange  (Read 1357 times)
petrichoroma (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:20:28 PM

***WARNING***

Hi guys, I made an account here to warn you about Mistertango since I found them from this forum.

My partner and I do crypto arbitrage and I opened an account with Mistertango 2 weeks ago to receive funds and re-deposit to exchanges. I got verified and emailed them introducing myself and informing them that I intend to deposit considerable amounts for trading. They assured me there's no limits and as long as I provide an agreement between me and partner when deposit comes from a new account, all will be good. I sent the agreement and a bank statement as per their request. They confirmed it was sufficient and all looked OK. Over a week I asked them 3 times (since I really wanted to be sure) and they confirmed each time in writing that there are no issues whatsoever. Screenshots below of our email conversation and I have no problem uploading the whole transcript.

https://postimg.org/image/6ut9rphxp/

https://postimg.org/image/sbg1aqail/

https://postimg.org/image/r6c29ut2j/

I started depositing with them since last week, ~€25000, then ~€43000, then ~€63000. Friday my partner sent me ~€100,000 which came in Monday, I tried to deposit to Kraken but funds didn't go out until I emailed Mistertango today asking if anything is wrong. An employee I hadn't talked to emailed me saying I needed to describe the purpose of the payment, provide proof I own the money, and suggested that we should use their exchange instead of Kraken. I replied with a clarification, informed him his colleague gave me the go ahead, I had asked about this before, and attached proof. This was totally ignored and he just replied that my account will be closed on suspicion of money laundering tomorrow and that if I don't take the money out today they will charge me an extra €100 and 'sanction' me.

https://postimg.org/image/qzyd0vsft/

To top it off, they added a €500 fee for me to take my money out which they never charged before. My replies to them stating what they confirmed to me in writing before and providing proof are being totally ignored. When I asked why they are taking €500 of my money... totally ignored.

https://postimg.org/image/u6jwld145/

https://postimg.org/image/98xmklyvd/

So basically Mistertango just lured me in, confirmed to me a lot of things in writing which they totally ignored later on, let me get comfy and make a big deposit, then told me to f*** off and stole €500 from me. The only answer I get from them is ''Take your money out by tomorrow or we will take more of your money''. Extortion mafia-style. They just don't give a s***.

***USE AT YOUR OWN RISK***

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:26:25 PM

Just provide the information they need and it's done.

If they continue to hold your money you should press charges to proper authorities or even sue them.

SwapStick

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

King of Cryptos

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 05:51:48 PM

***WARNING***

Hi guys, I made an account here to warn you about Mistertango since I found them from this forum.

My partner and I do crypto arbitrage and I opened an account with Mistertango 2 weeks ago to receive funds and re-deposit to exchanges. I got verified and emailed them introducing myself and informing them that I intend to deposit considerable amounts for trading. They assured me there's no limits and as long as I provide an agreement between me and partner when deposit comes from a new account, all will be good. I sent the agreement and a bank statement as per their request. They confirmed it was sufficient and all looked OK. Over a week I asked them 3 times (since I really wanted to be sure) and they confirmed each time in writing that there are no issues whatsoever. Screenshots below of our email conversation and I have no problem uploading the whole transcript.

I started depositing with them since last week, ~€25000, then ~€43000, then ~€63000. Friday my partner sent me ~€100,000 which came in Monday, I tried to deposit to Kraken but funds didn't go out until I emailed Mistertango today asking if anything is wrong. An employee I hadn't talked to emailed me saying I needed to describe the purpose of the payment, provide proof I own the money, and suggested that we should use their exchange instead of Kraken. I replied with a clarification, informed him his colleague gave me the go ahead, I had asked about this before, and attached proof. This was totally ignored and he just replied that my account will be closed on suspicion of money laundering tomorrow and that if I don't take the money out today they will charge me an extra €100 and 'sanction' me.

To top it off, they added a €500 fee for me to take my money out which they never charged before. My replies to them stating what they confirmed to me in writing before and providing proof are being totally ignored. When I asked why they are taking €500 of my money... totally ignored.

So basically Mistertango just lured me in, confirmed to me a lot of things in writing which they totally ignored later on, let me get comfy and make a big deposit, then told me to f*** off and stole €500 from me. The only answer I get from them is ''Take your money out by tomorrow or we will take more of your money''. Extortion mafia-style. They just don't give a s***.

***USE AT YOUR OWN RISK***

What the fuck, this is ridiculous and cringe just reading... That's brutal and they should be shutdown... straight bullshit... you should not be allowed to play with peoples money like that
saqwe

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:59:59 PM

I was really holding Mistertango at a very high esteem before reading this thread, why should they be holding funds and not willing to release it?

I know they are not an anonymous bank account but did you submit and verify your personal document properly ?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 11:39:52 PM

You should understand - it's bank, they have to follow laws and prevent money laundering. So, they need to know information about you and your money. You didn't provided what they asked and Mistertango decided to close your account.
I only don't understand one thing, why they are charging this fee if they hadn't these transfer fee before.

petrichoroma (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:46:01 AM

I did provide all the documents. I asked them by email before I started using their service, so that I knew beforehand what I needed to provide. I gave them the documents and they assured me all was good. Now since yesterday they didn't even give me the option to provide them the documents or anything, they won't answer my questions and they are going to close my account.

Worst of all is that they added a 0.5% fee which was never there before, for me to take out my money, which adds to €507.50 - as per the last screenshot I attached, I was never being charged such a fee before they informed me that my account is being closed. So basically they just decided to nick €500 off me since I wasn't going to be their customer anymore anyways.

The only hints I got of why they did this is because I wasn't using their exchange to purchase cryptocurrency, they suggested that my partner can buy BTC directly from their exchange and I don't need to do 'this'. Also, since I was providing all the documents they were asking me for, they asked me if I have a 'license to accept currency and buy BTC'. When I told them that everyone can buy BTC with currency, no such license exists, and asked them to specify which license they are talking about, this question was just ignored, along with my question about why they are ripping me off €500. They just told me that my account is being closed.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:03:24 AM

Oh that sucks, they have no right to so such a thing, and that sanction claim is so bs. I think you should take legal attention to this, I don't think that mistertango should be allowed to just play with money like that. I would recommend you trying to find another site to do crypto arbitrage on and trying contacting their support again to see if they will refund your 500 pounds, but I don't think there will be much chance of them repaying you.
tk1900

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:09:11 AM

I only don't understand one thing, why they are charging this fee if they hadn't these transfer fee before.

The official pricelist https://mistertango.com/en/wp-content/uploads/Mistertango-pricelist.pdf and swift cost 0.5%.
tk1900

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:28:31 AM

An employee I hadn't talked to emailed me saying I needed to describe the purpose of the payment, provide proof I own the money

It's normal question from bank (KYC, AML). If you and your partner have company then what's problem to provide them proof that you are the owner of that money?
If your partner is private person - then you should sign legal document. If he can to send 100K without any legal document to you, maybe he can send all that to us? ;-)
petrichoroma (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:46:22 PM

@tk1900 - As I said I always provided the proof. I asked before what I needed to provide and I sent them what they asked for, they even confirmed to me in writing that it was sufficient. They stated (again, in writing) that as long as the money comes from the same account, I only need to provide proof the first time. Even if this wasn't the case I would still have been able to provide proof each and every time. But the last time they just didn't even give me an option to provide proof but just closed my account.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:07:58 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2017, 08:51:21 AM by pedrog

@tk1900 - As I said I always provided the proof. I asked before what I needed to provide and I sent them what they asked for, they even confirmed to me in writing that it was sufficient. They stated (again, in writing) that as long as the money comes from the same account, I only need to provide proof the first time. Even if this wasn't the case I would still have been able to provide proof each and every time. But the last time they just didn't even give me an option to provide proof but just closed my account.

It happens, your account is deemed too risky, not worth keeping.

Why don't you transfer directly to Kraken?

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:06:07 AM

So you wanted to use them as an intermediary bank? I'm guessing your bank doesn't allow transfers to Kraken or bitcoin exchanges or makes such transfers cumbersome with lots of AML-related paperwork attached?

bulibamba

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 10:29:13 AM

Hi!
I just setup Mistertango account.Downloaded and installed their application on the phone,scanned my ID from both sides.Then problem is ,widget not asking me to taking my face pictures.
Their email reply:

"We regret to tell you that person identification have been rejected.
 Reason: your face does not match with the document face photo. Please upload your face photo to match with the document photo.
 If you would like to upload copy of your document again, you should go to identification section in customer settings and follow further instructions"

Is anyone here that  had the same problem?
Thx
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: