Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:55:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NvEZOS - An All-in-one WebUI based Nvidia MiningOS **V1.03 Now Available!**  (Read 1909 times)
thendawg (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:02:20 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 09:45:22 PM by thendawg

**UPDATED Sept-6 2017**

V1.03 Is now available!

NvEZOS is the easy to use WebUI based Nvidia Mining OS. Now with V1.03 up to 16 GPU's are supported, Nvidia 375 driver is used for best stability and overclock, EWBF, Claymore, and Genoil Ethminer are all included! V1.02 also features 10 user label-able miner daemons with Multi-Mine. Multi-mine allows you to use the device flags (such as --cuda_devices for ewbf or --cuda-devices for ethminer) to allow multiple mining instances to run at once on separate GPU's. For instance you can have a single rig with say 4x 1080ti running ewbf mining zen/zcash and 4x 1060 mining Eth. You can even run multiple instances of the same miner, say you have an 8x 1060 mining rig, you could setup 4x 1060 to mine Eth and 4x 1060 to mine Ubiq.

All of the information on V1.03 including new screenshots are available on our new website here - https://www.nvezos.com

Or go directly to the Download/Instructions page here - https://nvezos.com/download

The github is now updated as well! If you are using the beta version there is now an upgrade script to upgrade to V1.03 via SSH in about 5 minutes. https://github.com/thendawg/nvezos

This software is available for free use, however, donations are always appreciated! MEW Address – 0x3d454b7b858335805f83D30842d9f0fACd50e545

A dev miner is implemented in NvEZOS v1. It will run when the miner is first initialized, however, you are free to stop it at any time. It will auto-stop if you start your owner miner daemon as well. It is not set to reactivate at any point, however, you are welcome to run it yourself to give back to the project! As well, there is a Multi-Mine Dev Miner service that when ran will only run on GPU0, thus allowing you to have an option to give back while using the rest of your GPU's normally. NvEZOS will never force dev mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thendawg (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:55:54 PM

I now have v.9 posted to my github. I've fixed a few annoyances a few people ran into during install and initial setup along with improving install time.

Check it out here - https://github.com/thendawg/nvezos
igotek

Activity: 2044
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 10:32:15 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2017, 10:42:25 PM by igotek

You must show the hashrate for each card.
Needed Support for EBWF miner.
Support for 9 GPUs ?

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
thendawg (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:45:19 PM

You ask a lot of something I'm giving away for free Smiley But to be honest, those are both things I'm considering adding. I've planned to add EWBF and Claymore, giving the user the selection from 3 diff miners (genoil ethminer, claymore, ewbf). As for showing the hashrate per card, with ethminer that would require running one instance per gpu, which works fine, but looses maybe 2-4% efficiency compared to running one instance on all GPU's. (Ive been testing this for a farm sw model Ive been contemplating). Oh and just saw your last question - Im updating it to 16 (the most the nvidia driver will index)  for the next revision that'll likely be out in a couple days.
igotek

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 11:46:41 PM

You must require 1 USD for per rig per month. I use Win 10 x64 on all of my NVIDIA rigs. But i can switch my rigs to your new mining os.

about the hashrate for each card. yeah,, you re right for ethminer. But it is possible on claymore and EBWF.

kikhtr

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 02:56:43 AM

I spend most of my time on reddit, but lurk here quite a bit so thought I would make a post about the project I've been working on for close to a month now, NvEZOS.

You're probably wondering though, what is NvEZOS, well, it's a custom configured Ubuntu 16.04 distro built for mining Ethereum based currencies with nVidia GPU's while allowing for all (basic) configuration to be done via a web interface - if you don't want to, you should never have to touch ssh to setup the system. For our advanced users, I plan to document everything as clearly as possible so that you can jump in and change/mod things as much as you like.

You can checkout the subreddit I created at https://www.reddit.com/r/nvezos/ for more information. I highly recommend starting here. There is also a Discord setup for general discussion and troubleshooting.

Next the release is available via my github at https://github.com/thendawg/nvezos - I HIGHLY recommend thoroughly reading both the README and INSTALLISO documentation. Downloading the ISO and installing via that method is the least time consuming and easiest by far, however, my documentation covers both methods.

Finally, the software is available free of charge, however, if you enjoy it and find it useful, I do appreciate any and all donations. My donation wallet information is available both on my subreddit and the github documentation.

WebUI ScreenShots -

Can I install on USB and how many GB if I can?

Twitter  CRESIO
Telegram           
MULTI-EXCHANGE PLATFORM           
JOIN ICO | May 1 ]    JOIN NOW            
thendawg (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:59:58 AM

Yes you can install to USB but will need two drives, one to use as the installer and one as the destination. The destination USB drive will need to be 16GB. I leaned down the install a bit so it just MIIIGHT fit on an 8GB now. My miner on the current build has been up about 48hrs, its showing 7.4GB used, but packages sometimes are inflated during install, so not sure if an 8GB would cut it, even with no swap. Feel free to try though Smiley As for the installer USB drive, 4GB will be enough.
Damien360

Activity: 8

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 08:58:15 AM

Looks great! I think I'll try this.
Damien360

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:54:53 AM

I've tried installing but it fails during installation, after copying files:

http://imgur.com/a/ml5cp
http://imgur.com/a/qh4s7
http://imgur.com/a/UxjRc

Was installing from one USB key with ISO to another USB Key
thendawg (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:05:02 PM

What size is the USB drive you're copying too? Ive seen a similar error before and it was due to the destination drive being too small. You'll want to use a 16GB. There could also be a small chance that it could be an issue with one of the two usb drives you're using - may want to try a different one. Id be happy to help you troubleshoot further on the Discord channel Ive created - here's an invite - https://discord.gg/949sUdr
Damien360

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 03:24:18 PM

I'll try dual boot on same SSD as Windows 10.

I guess I need to create / , /home and swap ?
thendawg (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 05:06:03 PM

Only root (/) should actually be required for Ubuntu 16.04. It should work without a swap area, provided you have enough memory. I haven't tested the iso install for a dual boot setup as it uses a different grub2 variant that may cause some issues (not 100% sure if it will properly detect the Windows bootloader) - what may be best for you would be to follow the legacy instructions, which starts with a standard Ubuntu 16.04 install (should work fine alongside Windows 10) - then youll clone my git and run and install script to install everything. Full instructions are available in the README on github. Thanks for giving it a try!
igotek

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 08:51:49 PM

I have tried your today. it looks good. Please think about adding support simple rig resetter v2 device. it works with claymore miner so good.

And one more thing, as i see here is ETH, ETC, UBIQ. all of the field is the same ? For example, I want to mine Elementrem (Ethash), could I use any field ?

thendawg (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 09:33:48 PM

Yes - the labels are just that - a label - you can use whatever you like in each Smiley In v1.0 Ill be making them user-labeled and will increase to 10 options. As I'm adding EWBF and Claymore miners I feel people will likely want to save more pool or currency options. As for your other question, can you provide me any info on how the simple rig resetter works? Im sure I can find a way to add interoperability for it! (A link to tech docs on it will suffice, I can likely figure it out from there)
igotek

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2017, 11:09:13 PM

SimpleRigResetter is a HARDWARE which autoresets freezed/crashed mining rigs.

Manual: https://simplemining.net/download/SRR/PDF/SRRv2-manual-2017-07-10.pdf

NvEZOS is really really good. Easy-to-use. I think you spent so much time to make it. Ubuntu is an open-source project, but you make it different.

You must require "license" after 30 days trial usage. Or you can require "buy addons". (Basic settings is free, overclock section is for 5 USD, simple rig reser section is for 5 USD etc.)

If you get paid, you develop the NvEZOS. Of course, every developer wants to make a good profit.

Damien360

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:03:44 AM

Only root (/) should actually be required for Ubuntu 16.04. It should work without a swap area, provided you have enough memory. I haven't tested the iso install for a dual boot setup as it uses a different grub2 variant that may cause some issues (not 100% sure if it will properly detect the Windows bootloader) - what may be best for you would be to follow the legacy instructions, which starts with a standard Ubuntu 16.04 install (should work fine alongside Windows 10) - then youll clone my git and run and install script to install everything. Full instructions are available in the README on github. Thanks for giving it a try!

Thanks, I've tried to install with Legacy, it works but when I'm installing with your script, after installing CUDA screen goes black and ... don't know what happens. Is it expected?
thendawg (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:54:20 PM

Thanks, I've tried to install with Legacy, it works but when I'm installing with your script, after installing CUDA screen goes black and ... don't know what happens. Is it expected?

If you're doing it via a local gnome session, it's likely just the screen off timeout. The problem is, some of the cuda, drive, and ethminer install is fairly CPU intense, so I've noticed this will occur then you cant get it to unlock until the script is complete. It doesn't hurt anything but is a bit of an annoyance. You can always go into settings and disable the blank screen option in power options to avoid it entirely. If something else is going on, let me know and Ill try to help ya through it Smiley Oh but yes, I should add, when the script is complete and the miner reboots, you will get no display output.
thendawg (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:32:28 PM

SimpleRigResetter is a HARDWARE which autoresets freezed/crashed mining rigs.

Manual: https://simplemining.net/download/SRR/PDF/SRRv2-manual-2017-07-10.pdf

NvEZOS is really really good. Easy-to-use. I think you spent so much time to make it. Ubuntu is an open-source project, but you make it different.

You must require "license" after 30 days trial usage. Or you can require "buy addons". (Basic settings is free, overclock section is for 5 USD, simple rig reser section is for 5 USD etc.)

If you get paid, you develop the NvEZOS. Of course, every developer wants to make a good profit.

It shouldn't be hard at all to implement support for SimpleRigResetter based on the doc you sent Smiley Barring any crazy roadblocks, I should have it implemented in v1. As for licensing, I've considered a few things, but to keep things simple, for this piece of software I think I've decided on v1 simply having itself set to mine to my eth address once configured and setup. Of course the user can stop this at anytime, but it should generate a little bit of revenue (in addition to donations), without the complexity of full on licensing and minimum impact to the user. I intend to be very clear and publicize exactly how this will work, I dont want anyone to think theyre getting cheated or anything like that as I have no plans to implement forced dev mining or anything like that. I do have plans for a farm management software down the road which I plan to sell if this gets enough attention to make it worth my time.
thendawg (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:13:36 AM

Just wanted to provide an update. V1.0 is in the works and slated to be released around Aug1. Ive added EWBF and Claymore for mining options, you'll be able to save (and label!) up to ten mining commands, and up to 16 GPU's will be supported. In addition, logging will be improved and a maintenance page will be added to perform future updates via the WebUI. Adding this to the first post as well.
thendawg (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:44:46 PM

Bumping this for the release of V1.01 - checkout the updated main post! Tons of new features added Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: