Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:16:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Big Blockers to Fork Off, THANK GOD  (Read 1079 times)
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:13:58 AM

Segwit2x is the biggest problem, since it's a direct attempt to takeover Bitcoin, other forks are a smoke screen to scare people from potential forks (all this FUD that Bitcoin will crash if there will be split), while presenting Segwit2x as true Bitcoin. The real fight will be when miners with their 85% hashing power will fork into 2mb blocks in November, I hope people won't get themselves fooled.
So, the REAL BTC will be that BTC with most hashrate power?
The "real" BTC will be the one which is adopted by the majority of merchants and has the highest price, after a few weeks from a chain split.  IMO, it'll be extremely clear which one is in charge within a few weeks.

Miners have some level of power, but Bitcoin's power is balanced between several different groups and the succeeding chain is more subjective.

Personally, I won't make a judgement and I won't bother fiddling with my Bitcoin Cash, in the same way that I wouldn't have bothered fiddling with Clamcoin if I'd held BTC back in 2014.  I'll just HODL it and spend the other chain.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:57:28 PM

so core avoids full and real consensus by going soft (facepalm)

and others avoid full and real consensus by going controversial (facepalm)

why are people afraid of just using the real consensus that has been built into bitcoin for 8 years!

seems that all people care about is things to cause drama so they can play the ups and down of the price. or split the coin hoping to double their money.. neither side are thinking about a rational logical attempt to unite the community for a better combined bitcoin with real features everyone can use.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:59:25 PM

I hope they fork off this board too and choke on their large blocks  Cheesy

https://news.bitcoin.com/viabtc-launching-bitcoin-cash-token-mining-pool-bitcoin-abc/

Seriously though, now everyone can kind of get what they want  Roll Eyes

It's hard for your wishes to materialize, things are no longer decided by the developers, it's open to the public, and a vote is going to take place.
FiendCoin (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 263

The devil is in the detail.

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:09:48 PM

so core avoids full and real consensus by going soft (facepalm)

and others avoid full and real consensus by going controversial (facepalm)

why are people afraid of just using the real consensus that has been built into bitcoin for 8 years!

seems that all people care about is things to cause drama so they can play the ups and down of the price. or split the coin hoping to double their money.. neither side are thinking about a rational logical attempt to unite the community for a better combined bitcoin with real features everyone can use.

I think hard forks will be inevitable now. Some in the community have decided to resolve disputes by virtue of chain-split alt coins. This will just be the beginning, I'm sure more will be coming in the future. Once the market gets use to the idea it will have little effect on the price of "Bitcoin".

"Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That's power." -Steve Bannon
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: