Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:53:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do "dead" coins skyrocket?  (Read 524 times)
Ways2MakeMoney (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 10:11:55 PM

One "dead" coin I saw went up over %200. It seems at first that it would be a pump and dump but if you can not make a transaction, what would the point of that be?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
daniel244king

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

ALTCOIN KING

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:01:48 PM

FootyCash (FOOT) Skyrocketed the past month!

I believe the reason is simply just an issue of exposure.  There are over 800 altcoins on the market in various exchanges and there is no way for everyone to know everything about them all.

Footy Cash (FOOT) went up over 5000% in less than two days and still stayed up even a whole month later.

Here's why:

FootyCash has seen a meteoric rise in valuation for the past month; with a price increase of more than 5000% on multiple exchanges.[/b]

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=FOOT_BTC#

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374929.0

Here is why I think FootyCash is a great cryptocurrency:

1. Footy has Rarity - Only 4 million coins total can exist.  There is a small POS inflation rate - about 3% annually (for staked coins only).
How many of you can say like the Winklevoss twins - that you own whole percentages of a cryptocurrency.  
Looking the current price of FootyCash you actually might be able to!

2. Footy is the first Fantasy Sports Crypotocurrency ever made. - Footy is the Bitcoin of Fantasy Sports!

3. Fantasy Sports is a multi-billion dollar industry - with tens of billions of dollars in annual revenue just for Fantasy Football alone!  If you count all the illegal gambling the figure goes much higher - maybe hundreds of billions? (not that I am condoning illegal gambling - but it's a fact of reality that must be considered anyway).

4. Coinmarketcap list just under 900 altcoins; of those listed only a  small percentage of altcoins have a cap of less than 4 million total coin.  Every coin on coinmarketcap with a rarity of less than 7 million total coins produced are all worth more than $2.00 USD - with the exception of Dreamcoin (because of YOBIT) and FOOTY CASH (which is currently undergoing a price correction: 5000% increase in the past month alone.)

5. The coin was greatly undervalued because of unawareness of the Footy cryptocurrency and Fantasy Sports as well.  As more and more people become aware of its value the price will continue to rise.

6. FootyCash has a great developer, active development, and the best community support!

7. FootyCash has a promising roadmap and is currently developing Masternodes for the next release.

8.  The name FootyCash may sound funny but "Footy Cash" is an actual English term (apparently):  

https://www.power100.com.au/news/local-news/81959-footy-cash-to-go-to-good-friday-appeal
     and
     http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/california-club-brothel-sues-in-footy-cash-feud/news-story/bd77f7d397a34a067342a113b5bfa5d8

9. DraftKings, FanDuel, and other Fantasy Sports companies are getting the legislative green light to operate in most U.S States and other countries as well.  

When these companies decide to follow the trend of most corporations and switch to blockchain technology - I guarantee you that they will take a hard look at FootyCash first!

10. Oh, and the price of Bitcoin is dropping and will continue to drop until the August 1st Segwit activation takes place.

While Bitcoin is dropping, FootyCash is actually gaining value daily.  FootyCash is a great store of value to weather this storm.

THE KING OF COINS
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 03:59:12 AM

Purely pump and dump

If its dead, why do people still buy?

I can assure you that, among 100% of the traders in an exchange

10-20% invest base on fact
10-20% trade base on trend
While the leftover are the one who follows the flow

This is where the pump whales profit, those who follow the flow don't research or read, they just blindly follow

I am one of the pump follower in the past. It is not a good thing because it breaks the organic growth
kelceyott

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:28:00 AM

One "dead" coin I saw went up over %200. It seems at first that it would be a pump and dump but if you can not make a transaction, what would the point of that be?
A coin die suddenly have skyrocketing prices. It's like money in ancient, coins have very high value. The nobility also have hobby collection of money. I also like that but don't have enough money to collection.

Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 05:57:30 AM

I am also some collecting some oldest and low value coins like almost dead after bitcoin hard fork on june 1st people may invest on this coins or they already started investing on this so it may price going up.
Xiadas

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:21:10 AM

After the big whales accumulate enough of these dead coins, they will pump and dump it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: