Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:07:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Making a living off of bitcoin faucets, is it actually possible?  (Read 1771 times)
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1336

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 10:34:34 PM

It's hard, but possible, if you live in 3rd world country. But it's boring tiring and not effective job. You have to make hundreds or even thousand claims from faucet to get more or less decent profit. If you have plans to earn for a living, I agree that would be waste of time.
But hunting of referrals can help. Create simple blog/faucet list/rotator, put referral links there and promote it everywhere you can. With referral you will earn more than you can earn yourself. From my own experience, now I can earn 50k-100k from single faucet, like Bitfun.co or Bonusbitcoin.co. I think it's not bad to get such amount passively every day Smiley If I would have better marketing skills, I would be able to earn even more. Offcourse, it takes quite long time to build referrals team.

chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:44:51 PM

Fortget about it. Bitcoin faucet are time wasting.
Post on this forum, become a member and then register for a signature campaign, you'll make way much more.
Thank you, you have been very inciteful. I too have been considering using the faucets for a few satoshi. I've always wonderd about the signatures people displayed. This micopayment sub section is awesome!

svirby

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 07:36:22 AM

If you are lucky you can also win with gambling or with trading at a currency exchange.

GlitchOut01

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:35:29 PM

I have been collecting faucets casually over the last few months, taking what I have earned and playing in the exchanges with some small-name coins.
This has led me to have a very diversified collection of coins.  The interesting thing is; I have invested no money at all, and have a worth of approximately 30 USD, if I liquidate at the time of this writing & sell at the price ~2770 USD / 1BTC.   Grin

Now, I agree, this will not pay my bills or get me out of debt tomorrow, but for a little time spent a few times a day collecting, and then some homework on coins, only helping me understand more how the whole system works, it isn't bad.  Now, take that out 3 years. If some of the big name predictions are correct, then my ~0.01BTC I have now will be worth ~$5000 USD!!  Without any effort on my part from today on. 

Add into that the profit you can make from ad revenue of running a faucet, and you really can pay your bills off of it.  It IS NOT easy, and it takes some very good luck and skills as a "Sales Person". But there are people who do it.  My suggestion, and that is all it is, would be to collect faucets if you have the time and patience. If you make some "free lunch", congrats.  If you don't, all you've lost is no more than the time we've all lost doing something useless every day (TV, Candy Crush, XBOX, Etc...). 

Remember:

Who Murphy is and his famous law http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Murphy%27s%20Law
#CryptosHateYouToo
Just cause it worked for "jack", does not mean it will work for "john"
Go with your Gut

Most importantly never think you KNOW what is going to happen with Crypto, that is the time the universe will smack some sense back into you O_o

Cheers, and Good Luck
Glitch
ptc2004

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 09:42:22 AM

Probably won't be a possibility even if you grow somehow a big and active ref list.

That doesn't mean you cannot try to earn some "free" money in your spare time.
CoinTasker

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 09:58:22 AM

I've made 2.44330293 BTC just off of freebitco.in alone in the last year, so I'd say yes it's absolutely possible. But definitely not easy.

yasher

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 10:03:36 AM

Some years back I started using bitcoin faucets before I really knew what they were and I made a few bucks in a short amount of time but stopped as I did not find it to be a good way to make a decent profit. I have seen people claim to make a living off of bitcoin faucets, is it actually possible?

It was possible way back when faucet claims can reach up to thousand satoshis, but now it's impossible unless you're really lucky especially in freebitco. You'd be better by trading or doing some signature campaigns. Fast and risky way is to gamble.
mikecgn

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:00:18 AM

I think even in third world countries you couldn't really make a living with it. At least if you do it by yourself without referrals. And you won't enjoy much living in a tropical third world country, if you have to solve captchas the whole day Grin Besides, there are better badly paid programs in the web to earn money.

But I also don't think faucets are a complete waste of time. I agree to what has already been mentioned. If you get some referrals you can still make some coins, but it has become very difficult to get some. If Bitcoin keeps on growing like it did before, you could still end up having a few hundred bucks in your wallet a few years from now on. It is not like it never happened before.
TropicalDog

Activity: 300
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:29:57 AM

Some years back I started using bitcoin faucets before I really knew what they were and I made a few bucks in a short amount of time but stopped as I did not find it to be a good way to make a decent profit. I have seen people claim to make a living off of bitcoin faucets, is it actually possible?
in the past it actually possible. At this time faucets have higher payout, and purpose of faucet is: Giving users the very first bitcoin. Now things have changed, faucets are such waste of time and noone can make living off of faucets
LyQaN

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:03:30 AM

One of major reason for Low reward is Adsense.In past almost all faucets using Adsense for maximum earning but now only few faucets left with active adsense.Because others already lost their account & some peoples don't know how to approve one.
So only choice is BTC network & popup or popunders.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:24:04 AM

1. Faucets are a medium to introduce newbies to bitcoins. You wouldn't be able to make a living out of claiming from faucets, the time spent is simply not worth the rewards. Even you will earn three times the amount you collect from faucets daily by doing simple microtasks which requires only basic skills and can be finished in a few minutes.

2. There are some good old faucets and if you are good at promoting your faucet referral links then yeah you can earn a passive income through faucets.
j5d

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:22:25 PM

There are only 2 real ways to make what anyone would regard as "A living" off of bitcoin faucets. 1 is through referrals. Realize however, that you're basically getting other people to waste their time so you don't have to. Eventually they'll grow tired of it and move on to another faucet that pays slightly better. So spam your referral link everywhere you go in hopes that a few random people who haven't figured out that faucets are a waste of time. You can work a job you loathe for an hour and make more than what visiting faucets for a day can earn you.

The second way is to run your own faucet. Guaranteed page views, advertisers love that, but you have to be giving away enough bitcoin or have some gimmick that really makes people consider your faucet worth visiting over and over. Otherwise the ad revenue dries up, you have to front even more of your own money to fill the faucet, and you've stopped making a living. The worst part is, if you can't pay people who've earned any significant amount of satoshis from your faucet, you get listed as a scammer. Then you can't really try this again unless you're reaching a new audience that wasn't aware of your prior faucets.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 02:39:54 PM

In one sense you could do this. I'm not saying that you're going to start living next week off of faucets that is not possible. You would have to sit there all day long and do that and you probably would produce about $10 a day maybe more like $5 is probably a more accurate description. However right now Bitcoin is sitting in around $3000, think about when people used to use faucet to get Bitcoins. Back then they were collecting Bitcoin and only making probably 30 or 40 cents a day but that's when Bitcoin where at $60 per coin if they had continued to do that and hold on to those coins that wallet would have built up and up and up and up provided they were moving into an offline software wallet or something like that someplace safe doesn't matter where.
zoomzoom

Activity: 350
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:06:39 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2017, 03:16:44 PM by zoomzoom

In one sense you could do this. I'm not saying that you're going to start living next week off of faucets that is not possible. You would have to sit there all day long and do that and you probably would produce about $10 a day maybe more like $5 is probably a more accurate description. However right now Bitcoin is sitting in around $3000, think about when people used to use faucet to get Bitcoins. Back then they were collecting Bitcoin and only making probably 30 or 40 cents a day but that's when Bitcoin where at $60 per coin if they had continued to do that and hold on to those coins that wallet would have built up and up and up and up provided they were moving into an offline software wallet or something like that someplace safe doesn't matter where.

I've done the maths before, with the highest paying faucets and faucet games it's possible to make around $3 a day if you are on them for 17 hours, as 7 hours sleep is the optimum sleeping amount. I will say this is without fully taking advantage of reflinks.

joseafonso123az

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:08:44 PM

You can't make a living of faucets even if you do a lot of them. It just wont give you a great amount of money per month I guess. If you like fauceting, do it for fun, but don't consume all of your time doing just it !
corpsejunior

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:23:26 PM

I think faucets should be for fun and for exploring this beautiful technology, but not at all for making a living.
Also I hear pretty much things about profitability for third world people. I don't think so. If somebody already landed in this forum and is reading and understanding what's said here, he would find pretty more profitable things to do around the internet than with faucets. (freelance for example)
zoomzoom

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 01:22:44 AM

I think faucets should be for fun and for exploring this beautiful technology, but not at all for making a living.
Also I hear pretty much things about profitability for third world people. I don't think so. If somebody already landed in this forum and is reading and understanding what's said here, he would find pretty more profitable things to do around the internet than with faucets. (freelance for example)

Depends what your skill set is really, there aren't many places that will pay you anything just for clicking buttons. It isn't a life though really, but if the average wage in your country is really low then it could be an alright interim step. For instance the minimum wage of Bangladesh is $68 a month, with bitcoin faucets available you have to wonder who would take such jobs.

chopcoin.io

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2017, 04:57:46 PM

Well in my faucet players compete in a skill based browser MMO against each other and are rewarded according to their ranking. The best player made over 0.015 Bitcoin last week (check out the statistics yourself and have your mind blown by get amount the best players of all-time got) so I guess if the price keeps rising, the player keep hodling and is living in a cheap country it might be possible.
zoomzoom

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:54:45 AM

Well in my faucet players compete in a skill based browser MMO against each other and are rewarded according to their ranking. The best player made over 0.015 Bitcoin last week (check out the statistics yourself and have your mind blown by get amount the best players of all-time got) so I guess if the price keeps rising, the player keep hodling and is living in a cheap country it might be possible.

Doesn't chopcoin.io have a paid version of the game aswell though? Did they really earn 0.015btc just from normal faucet game?

marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:53:08 AM

Now, I agree, this will not pay my bills or get me out of debt tomorrow, but for a little time spent a few times a day collecting, and then some homework on coins, only helping me understand more how the whole system works, it isn't bad.  Now, take that out 3 years. If some of the big name predictions are correct, then my ~0.01BTC I have now will be worth ~$5000 USD!!  
This is too much IF.
But if you believe your 0.01btc will be worth 5000$ in few years why don't you take 30$ and buy 0.01btc and wait for them to grow?
Don't buy pizza and coke and buy bitcoins.
Without any effort on my part from today on.
No effort at all? For 0.01btc you have to sit whole day for atleast a month or 2 and kill your self in solving captchas and closing bloody pop ads.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: