Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:10:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Zencash: Excellent potential?  (Read 10740 times)
hellwithbanks

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 12:48:23 PM

Should I keep my Zcash hopes alive?

No one knows. If privacy becomes atmost important, all privacy related coins may surge in value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shams

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:25:30 PM

Thanks for this information I will look forward to it. I like the Zcash coin it look good and have a good plan so I hope what they are doing is for the betterment of their coin and I am sure they will get more successful in future.
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:54:09 PM

On paper it looks like something to buy since price is too low and it should be an improvement of a successful coin. I've got a few, let's see where they'll go...

25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:26:57 AM

Too cheap to ignore right now. Coin looks very promising.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
richardfisk

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:16:41 AM

The price is very good right now and I do not know why it is very low at the moment. Maybe just because there are too many people mine this coin. All "z" coins are good and they need to be on the top 50 coins. Well, hope that zencash price will back to normal

doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:56:45 PM

Very convincing, and this week bittrex has again attracted. A merchant will see this as a new field for profit. I hope Zencash fits the prediction.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
yorklab (OP)

Activity: 223
Merit: 105

Utrum OOT

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:05:21 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 10:34:59 PM by yorklab

A very thorough interview with one of the founders of Zencash. Just about anything you want to know about what they're doing is talked about. It's live so sometimes it cuts out, but it is full of good information.

https://blog.zensystem.io/replay-of-live-interview-of-blockops-about-zencash-on-cryptocurrency-talk/

★   utrum   ★   Your Crypto Playbook   ★   Got an opinion? Get paid for it!   ★
●  ●  WHITE PAPER   |   EXCHANGES   |   ANN THREAD  ●  ●
TWITTER   ▬   FACEBOOK   ▬   LINKEDIN   ▬   GITHUB   ▬   YOUTUBE
yorklab (OP)

Utrum OOT

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:34:22 PM

After listening to the live chat session, I’m more impressed with the group and what they are developing. He talked a lot about what’s already in the White Paper, but some take-aways for me was:

1)   Secure nodes with secure one-to-many and anonymous publishing capability make this cryptocurrency unique (as far as I can tell anyway). He thinks Asia and South American markets will be huge. One of the founders (Jane Lippencott) is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and is working in Hong Kong now.
2)   Working on a hardware wallet
3)   Focusing on individuals and small business.
4)   They want to be as transparent as possible (something I already noticed before this chat). He believes that it will eventually build trust; they say they’re going to do something, and they do it.
5)   They had actually planned to have the secure nodes working at launch, but was curtailed when the developer left. Apparently Rob Viglione is friends with Charles Hoskinson and Hoskinson got some of his engineers on the project (Hoskinson’s presents here is huge in my opinion).
6)   Already contracted Coinomi to build an Android, IOS, and Desktop wallet.
7)   A lot of development has been going on in the background and we’re about to see the results of that development in a few weeks to a month.
Cool     Did not want to create artificial scarcity of the coin by limiting its availability early on just to push the price up.

Looks like a lot is about to happen soon. As long as Bitcoin is standing tall after Aug 1 (and so far it’s looking good), I think Zen will do very well.

lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:35:10 PM

The thing is there are so many coins with privacy capabilities these days, You have Monero, all the Zsnark coins, Deep onion, Byteball (blackbytes), Dash etc etc.  Zcash has an uphill battle, It's a fork of a fork of a fork and is starting to fade into obscurity.  It's swimming in a pool of giants, and doesn't even have a presence on Bitcointalk anymore after the ANN was locked.  They didn't have an ICO so there are no funds for marketing.  With the marketcap currently so low, i have a hard time seeing how they're going to gain the exposure to dig themselves out of the trenches. 

The best bet at this point is for them to hope that Zcash explodes and they can ride the wave like how ETC did with ETH.  But even in that scenario they might get overlooked for zClassic.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:09:11 PM

The thing is there are so many coins with privacy capabilities these days, You have Monero, all the Zsnark coins, Deep onion, Byteball (blackbytes), Dash etc etc.  Zcash has an uphill battle, It's a fork of a fork of a fork and is starting to fade into obscurity.  It's swimming in a pool of giants, and doesn't even have a presence on Bitcointalk anymore after the ANN was locked.  They didn't have an ICO so there are no funds for marketing.  With the marketcap currently so low, i have a hard time seeing how they're going to gain the exposure to dig themselves out of the trenches. 

The best bet at this point is for them to hope that Zcash explodes and they can ride the wave like how ETC did with ETH.  But even in that scenario they might get overlooked for zClassic.

There's a development/marketing fund that is derived from a portion of coins mined. A percent off all mining goes into the dev fund, kind of a reverse pre mine.
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 07:25:21 PM

Maybe the best thing to do is to wait for the next z-fork.  Grin
yorklab (OP)

Utrum OOT

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:05:47 PM

The thing is there are so many coins with privacy capabilities these days, You have Monero, all the Zsnark coins, Deep onion, Byteball (blackbytes), Dash etc etc.  Zcash has an uphill battle, It's a fork of a fork of a fork and is starting to fade into obscurity.  It's swimming in a pool of giants, and doesn't even have a presence on Bitcointalk anymore after the ANN was locked.  They didn't have an ICO so there are no funds for marketing.  With the marketcap currently so low, i have a hard time seeing how they're going to gain the exposure to dig themselves out of the trenches. 

I believe what makes Zencash stand out is their secure nodes and some features other privacy coins don’t have. They want to be the ultimate in privacy when it comes to transactions and publishing.

As for funds; they seem to have that figured out and currently have funds. This is from their website:

“The ZenCash Treasury fund is generated by 8.5% of each block mining reward and is used for operations, development, and getting out the message of Zen to the World.”

In fact the founder said in the chat session that even at today’s prices they have money to pay for development and marketing.

Think about this: First, they got hammered at the start, then they go through the so-called Altcoin correction and now this Bitcoin Fork that’s causing most altcoins to go down. Then you add the fact that this company is only a few months old so it’s hasn’t had much news yet. This company has been running off of fumes, yet they still have enough to pay for developers and marketing. This tells me there was some thought put into this when they set this up. Is it perfect? No, but they are always open to suggestions to make improvements.

I’m not sure I mentioned this before, but unlike other projects out there that might be a scam or simply too complicated to ever come to fruition. This project is very doable. They are only a week or two away from testing the secure node program, so they are already close to that aspect of the project.

Also: don’t underestimate the value of Charles Hoskinson, and Steven Nerayoff's backing of this project.

Of course I could be wrong about its future in the cryptocurrency world, I’m trying to make an educated guess like everyone else, but right now I still like its potential.

lijoe408

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:42:17 PM

There's a development/marketing fund that is derived from a portion of coins mined. A percent off all mining goes into the dev fund, kind of a reverse pre mine.

I know they have a founder's reward just like Zcash.  But the thing is Zcash was the first and generated alot of hype, with a token being more than 1 BTC when if first launched.  With Zenn i feel like the marketcap has fallen so low that it's hard to dig yourself out.  At a 5M dollar current marketcap with the coinprice being so low, that Dev reward is negligible.  The team will have to put in alot of free work or build a strong community behind this project.  The latter is going to be really hard to do without a presence on the forum.   

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
yorklab (OP)

Utrum OOT

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:56:17 PM

A link to Zencash’s first live stream; start listening at about 51 minutes into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApAHIjgpU-o

A ton of information, a LOT going on, too much to post here. I urge others that are even a little interested to listen to the update, you’ll learn more on what they are about.

The one thing I will say is that I have noted before that Steven Nerayoff and Charles Hoskinson who are the stratregic advisors, are very big names in the crypto space and they haven’t just lent their names to the project; they are actually participants and involved with Zencash. Nerayoff is one of the members of the Zencash non-profit foundation, and Hoskinson’s company is part of the core team. There’s no way they would be this involved unless they thought Zencash had great potential.

100degrees

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:17:28 AM

There has to be real separation from the pack. Once you get to a certain price point their has to be good news and large development to increase the value of the coin. That is why so many trade with the lower alts. For a longer term investment, this does have some potential. Buy and it and don't look for two years, you might be pleased.

ZEEPIN CHAIN  ▩  Smart work, creative life  ▩  Creative Economy
Claim Your ZPT Token and Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◤ICO Starts January 18◥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yorklab (OP)

Utrum OOT

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:25:11 PM

It appears the livestream opened a lot of eyes. The price was up over 50% at one point since the YouTube video.

A few things I learned:

They already have the secure node running on the testing severs.

Jane Lippencott – Their Asian Operations - (she speaks Mandarin Chinese) is working on getting Zen on the Asian exchanges where they think Zencash is going to be a big market.

turbulence

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:09:46 PM

It appears the livestream opened a lot of eyes. The price was up over 50% at one point since the YouTube video.

A few things I learned:

They already have the secure node running on the testing severs.

Jane Lippencott – Their Asian Operations - (she speaks Mandarin Chinese) is working on getting Zen on the Asian exchanges where they think Zencash is going to be a big market.

oh, this is very good news. i have high hopes for zencash

███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
        ▄▄███████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████████
 ████████   ▀██████████▀▄▄▀███████         ███          ███       ▐█▌     █████████████   █████████▄       ███     ███       ███
█████████     ▀████████ ▀▀ ████████        ████        ████       ███     ▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄     ███      ███     ███
█████████  █▄   ▀█▀  ███  █████████        █████      █████      █████         ███        ███      ▀██▌    ███       ███▄ ▄███
█████████  ███▄     ▄███  █████████        ██████    ██████     ██▌ ▐██        ███        ███       ██▌    ███        ███████
█████████  ███▀ ▄█▄ ▀███  █████████        ███▀███▄▄███▀███    ███   ███       ███        ███     ▄███     ███        ███████
█████████  ███  ███  ███  █████████        ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███     ███      ███        ███    ████      ███       ███▀ ▀███
 ███████ ▄▄ ██  ▀█▀  ███  ████████         ███    ▀▀    ███  ███       ███     ███        ███     ▀███     ███      ███     ███
  ██████▄▀▀▄███▄   ▄████  ███████          ███          ███  ██         ██     ███        ███       ███    ███     ███       ███
    ███████████████████████████
      ███████████████████████
        ▀▀███████████████▀▀

The Intelligent Blockchain
▬▬  Pre-ICO: January 4th  |  ICO: January 16th

ANN  News  Scene  Showcase
██  Whitepaper:  Bussines | Technical  ██
Facebook  Twitter  Github  Telegram

███
 ███
  ███
   ███
    ███
     ███
      ███
      ███
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:17:22 PM

Zen is one of a few coins that cought my eye a while back and so far it seems to be continuing to push ahead as one of the most promising, while I still say spread your hashes Zen is the one that always has a chunk of mine pointed at it.
yorklab (OP)

Utrum OOT

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:19:33 PM

From Quora: "Which 5 altcoins have the best chance of being as successful as Bitcoin?"

One of the five given:

ZenCash (ZEN)
There are a number of altcoins that are based off of zero knowledge encryption. The strongest one is Zcash (ZEC), but that has already gotten a significant amount of attention. ZenCash is much lesser known, and has a much smaller market cap. It had a rough launch and some developer drama that lead to a big sell off, of which it has not yet recovered. However, they have big plans, and development is moving along. In the coming weeks they will be releasing their first major differentiating feature: “Secure Nodes”. This will likely garner a fair amount of attention, and the price will increase accordingly.

https://www.quora.com/Which-5-altcoins-have-the-best-chance-of-being-as-successful-as-Bitcoin/answer/Jordan-Mack-3

gsxrboy

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:54:42 PM

I know they have a founder's reward just like Zcash.  But the thing is Zcash was the first and generated alot of hype, with a token being more than 1 BTC when if first launched.  With Zenn i feel like the marketcap has fallen so low that it's hard to dig yourself out.  At a 5M dollar current marketcap with the coinprice being so low, that Dev reward is negligible.  The team will have to put in alot of free work or build a strong community behind this project.  The latter is going to be really hard to do without a presence on the forum.   

New Ann thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2047435.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: