Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:58:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tokenized cloud mining project  (Read 244 times)
nullcolossus (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:37:29 AM

Hello!

I'd like to make a preliminary announcement regarding the project our team is currently working on. Our intention is to start a discussion and get some initial feedback regarding our idea.

We are already conducting a sizable gpu mining operation and want to take things to the next level.
The next level is as follows:
We will be issuing a fixed number of tokens.
The funds resulted from the token sale will be converted into mining rigs and said tokens will start earning dividends at fixed intervals (weekly sounds about right).

Now, before everyone starts pointing their ponzi finger at me, let's assume, for the sake of argument, that we have the following:
Real identities, an actual office, employees, an already established mining operation, an empty industrial space with cheap electricity and all requirements to accommodate fresh miners, established history with the main gpu suppliers, a passion to document and vlog every step of our tokenized endeavor, a willingness to answer all pertinent questions and to even receive visitors.

Here comes the tricky part..

Whenever we are ready to expand our tokenized mining operation or receive an influx of offline capital, new tokens will be issued and sold.
Given that dividends and the coin price will be directly influenced by current mining profitability, the token should become a good index for the mining industry.

This way we manage to create a good balance between the cloud mining investor, who aims for mining profits and is more or less aware of the implications...
and the offline, traditional investor, who would much rather invest in a complete business model and be pleased with lower, steadier overall returns.

So far our numbers add up nicely and also stack up quite well against the competitors.

We are optimistic and  work on the online platform is scheduled to begin this week. In the meantime, I'd very much like to start brainstorming and debating. Even if the total crypto market cap is now some $85 bln., I still like to think  we're all in this together and that bitcointalk is the heart of the ecosystem, the place where everything takes shape.

sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:14:48 AM

Hello!

I'd like to make a preliminary announcement regarding the project our team is currently working on. Our intention is to start a discussion and get some initial feedback regarding our idea.

We are already conducting a sizable gpu mining operation and want to take things to the next level.
The next level is as follows:
We will be issuing a fixed number of tokens.
The funds resulted from the token sale will be converted into mining rigs and said tokens will start earning dividends at fixed intervals (weekly sounds about right).

Now, before everyone starts pointing their ponzi finger at me, let's assume, for the sake of argument, that we have the following:
Real identities, an actual office, employees, an already established mining operation, an empty industrial space with cheap electricity and all requirements to accommodate fresh miners, established history with the main gpu suppliers, a passion to document and vlog every step of our tokenized endeavor, a willingness to answer all pertinent questions and to even receive visitors.

Here comes the tricky part..

Whenever we are ready to expand our tokenized mining operation or receive an influx of offline capital, new tokens will be issued and sold.
Given that dividends and the coin price will be directly influenced by current mining profitability, the token should become a good index for the mining industry.

This way we manage to create a good balance between the cloud mining investor, who aims for mining profits and is more or less aware of the implications...
and the offline, traditional investor, who would much rather invest in a complete business model and be pleased with lower, steadier overall returns.

So far our numbers add up nicely and also stack up quite well against the competitors.

We are optimistic and  work on the online platform is scheduled to begin this week. In the meantime, I'd very much like to start brainstorming and debating. Even if the total crypto market cap is now some $85 bln., I still like to think  we're all in this together and that bitcointalk is the heart of the ecosystem, the place where everything takes shape.

What was the purpose to post your vision, not to attract investors I suppose? We cannot simply assume this unless you provide the informations which can be verified, without which your whole post doesn't make a sense
nullcolossus (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:23:51 AM

Yeah, your type of post is exactly what I was trying to avoid.
But well, guess I'll have to show some more determination.

I am not trying to attract anything right now, I just want to see some ideas and suggestions regarding the concept, maybe get the initial community going and why not maybe even get some consultants on board... 
You know, like a normal group of people would do before trying to go all in on such an endeavor.
It's about the community. So ease up a little, will 'ya?! 
SCCFX

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:11:17 PM

this mean you want create new altcoin, create token with cloud mining project ?
nullcolossus (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:09:16 PM

Yes, exactly. And we're rather puzzled as to why this hasn't been done yet.
I will get into debates of profitability shortly, as from what I have seen a lot of people are disgruntled and angry at existing real cloud mining operations for "screwing them over" on profitability. 

Tokenization with regular mining payout would cure that and would also introduce the tradeable token into the mix, which would turn into a very exciting hot potato.
It would mean that you can hold on to the token as long or as little as you like. Be it for long term growth or for regular mining profits.
Initial calculations make us realize that such a token would turn into something a lot more complex than you would first think and the price action would be extremely interesting to say the least.

We have been mining on our own since 2014, after a franchise deal with Megabigpower fell through because they just stopped showing interest in our proposal, even after having found the electricity cost they wanted and the cheap rent they asked for. But I suppose Eastern Europe is just too far away from Washington state. Smiley
Anyway, we have grown a lot since then and seen the ups and downs of mining for ourselves.  This being said, mining is clearly a profitable business, enough so as to make sense to take in investor funds, use them wisely and never stop growing.
This is the first secret of mining. Never stop growing. If you truly have faith in the ecosystem, you as a miner must put your money where your mouth is every chance you get.
The second secret of mining is that yo also need to trade, hodl, scalp profits and even gamble your coins at certain times.

Profitability is, as you all know, very debatable, but in our opinion, the cloud mining client adds ACTUAL real value that in turn generates substantial rewards. One way is this frees up capital for us to invest in even more rigs. The second is we offloads the risk and sell pressure during times when mining is not that profitable.

Having these and also a few other factors on the table, it baffles me how established cloud mining companies fail to deliver profitable packages to their clients. 
Although the secret may lie in the timeframe.   When  you pay in advance for 2 YEARS worth of mining, both you, the client and them, the cloud mine, make a BIG gamble. But if you take into account the client is left with nothing at the end of the contract, no residual and the mine is left with the rig and a whole lot of sold power and maintenance...  We begin to see why a project such as ours might just be long overdue and very profitable for our future supporters and very successful and rewarding for us. Cheesy

As a heads up, there will be no bounties connected to this project. Aside from having a translations firm in the family, in the world of actual work, smart investors appreciate frugal spenders Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: