Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:05:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The kill/trade game  (Read 9265 times)
myrkul (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 02:55:59 AM

Do not fear my loyal subjects, I have not abandoned you! I had to tke a brief visit to the hospital, BUT: things should be back up and running this weekend.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 03:14:13 AM

Do not fear my loyal subjects, I have not abandoned you! I had to tke a brief visit to the hospital, BUT: things should be back up and running this weekend.

Kill/trade game is dangerous.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 06:33:31 AM

Kill/trade game is dangerous.
lol... More like poor diet is dangerous, but yeah.

OK!

On that nore, here are the FINAL results of game 1: Round Robin:

Round Five:
Players: 10
Maximum societal points: 84
Maximum individual points: 15

3 Viscera <--> Ekaros 0
Trade, let's do this.
Kill

2 wdmw <--> Elwar 2
Trade with Elwar
Trade

2 Cameltoemcgee <--> myrkul 2
trade
I Trade as well, of course.

0 Foxpup <--> FenixRD 3
Trade
As stated in the thread post, I have selected to play a "Kill" against Foxpup, in accordance with the Alliance Playbook.

2 FCTaiChi <--> Rassah 2
trade
Tease
Argh. Trade. Damn you auto correct!

(I considered editing this, but decided it was funnier as is. Smiley )

Societal total points: 72
Point totals:
FCTaiChi: 10
Elwar: 10
wdmw: 10
Foxpup: 9
FenixRD: 9
Rassah: 8
Ekaros: 7
Cameltoemcgee: 6
Myrkul 4
Viscera 3

As you can see, while poor ethics lead people to an early lead, in the end those who played nice did better, on average, than those who did not. (Sorry, Cameltoemcgee, you kinda got screwed. A longer game would likely have been kinder to you.)

Game two: Free-for-all starts NOW. Here are the rules:
Players may offer trade with or attempt to kill steal from as many, or as few, players as they choose. If two players both choose to interact with each other, the result is determined normally. If only one player chooses to interact with another, nothing happens (except that the other player now knows you want to trade with him, or tried to steal from him).
As always, I will be an available trade partner, and will always start by trading. What happens from there is up to you.

Just send me a PM with the names of players you want to deal with, and in what manner, and I'll compare the lists and post the results here.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Ekaros

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 10:20:10 AM

Does this start fresh or continue?

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
wdmw

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:19:37 PM

Are there any watchdog groups that provide some guidance on who is worthy of my trading?
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 03:25:38 PM

Does this start fresh or continue?
This is a fresh start, but people being people, your past actions may influence people's actions in this game.

Are there any watchdog groups that provide some guidance on who is worthy of my trading?
Fenix is free to continue his alliance.

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 02:27:13 AM

I'm not sure here, will it be more profitable to ignore the killer, or trade kills?

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 04:02:59 AM

I'm not sure here, will it be more profitable to ignore the killer, or trade kills?
Well, it's a marginal gain for you, but remember that it's also a marginal gain for him.

FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 04:07:26 AM

Oh I see..  You did say that the goal is ... well I'm not sure if you want me to just lay it all out there for everyone or not Smiley

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 04:16:07 AM

Oh I see..  You did say that the goal is ... well I'm not sure if you want me to just lay it all out there for everyone or not Smiley
The goal is to get as many points as possible. Are you sure you want to help a criminal achieve that goal, even a little?

FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 04:30:53 AM

It seems illogical to throw away half my points in an interaction just to punish someone.  If the community decides that a person is on the ignore list for punishment I would go along with that.  As long as it remains a 1 on 1 exchange, though...

myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 06:36:11 AM

It seems illogical to throw away half my points in an interaction just to punish someone.  If the community decides that a person is on the ignore list for punishment I would go along with that.  As long as it remains a 1 on 1 exchange, though...
Well, this is one of those spots where the interaction maps poorly to the real world. To make it map more accurately, a steal/steal result should probably result in a -1/-1, indicating wasted resources.

But as it stands, the logical action to take with a criminal is to continue to interact with them violently, until they mend their ways. And the logical action for them is to do so as soon as possible, to gain more points in later rounds.

Not everybody acts logically, though. Wink

FenixRD

Activity: 364

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 02:00:22 PM

Fenix is free to continue his alliance.

The AEP / I are doing a re-tally factoring in the implications of the new rules and will message partners shortly. There will also be an advisory issued to anyone who winds up on the naughty list. Whether the info contained in those will be different is undecided just yet.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
Ekaros

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 04:23:26 PM

Heads
Heads
Heads
Heads
Heads
Tails
Heads
Tails
Heads
Heads
Heads

My next round strategy... Helene Schjerfbeck seems to like to have his head appear a lot... All done by fair coin flip.

So can we have a list of people in game now?

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:51:38 PM

this is a great idea
kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:51:59 PM

holy crap, 10500 posts thats amazing
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 10:01:11 PM

this is a great idea
If you want to join, just send me a PM with who you want to interact with, and how. Only a few players have responded with round one, we can ask them what they would like to do.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 10:56:22 PM

This is my public decree on how I deal with thieves.

If you steal from me, as an eye for an eye, the next round I will attempt to retrieve my stolen goods by sending in a special task force to steal my points back.

If you choose trade during that round, I will return to trading with you and we will move on with a clean slate.

If you choose steal again, I will continue to send my task force in every round until you choose trade.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 12:27:47 AM

I'm playing this round. I sent a PM with my strategy to myrkul, so nobody should have to wait on me to close a round.

FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 04:05:02 AM

Should I edit my list?  I suppose it would be fair if the actions are locked in at the time of PM Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: