Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 09:29:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should ALL digital currencies be held onto?  (Read 280 times)
Ways2MakeMoney (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 06:35:56 AM

Aside from the unique and/or differentiating features in every cryptocurrency, some people say that even "dead" altcoins are still purchased and collected by investors and collectors. These factors will likely keep increasing the price over time. Should every unneeded dollar go to digital currencies and maybe to a much more lenient extent, precious metals?
mktorn

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:38:32 AM

Probably not, you should just put money into the ones you think have a future. Coins may never lose all their value but they can still lose 90+% of it so investing in a coin that has no unique feature that will keep it going will likely end with you losing money over time.
BitJunky

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:46:18 AM

Are you not concerned about your money ? If you are expecting some growth, of course the big investors are also looking for good reaturns. Big investors invests after good research, so may be the coin that seems useless gets big investment because someones research says so. It all distils down to "Do Your Own Research".
Ways2MakeMoney (OP)

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 06:49:56 AM

I was referring to investing in the long term.
ranih

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 06:50:18 AM

I don't think it's a good strategy to put all your money in the same basket, no matter if it's altcoin or any other investment.
Altcoins are very volatile and risky, but I guess you know that...

cryptomartin

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:53:52 AM

Big growth will show only those that have some technical background. Just my opinion.
@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:05:20 AM

not all but major one you should hold as there users will go ultimately lead to growth in price,but i think now ethereum and wave tokens have become more profitable as in ethereum tokens are locked by smart contracts and ethereum blockchain is expanding as more and more companies are using smart contracts for their funding and security  and they have buy back the token at ico price.
olliejjc16

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:10:54 AM

There's so many out there most are going to die off and be worth nothing. Invest in fundamentals and usecases, if you throw your money at any random shitcoin expecting it to grow in value you're going to have a bad time 99/100.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: