Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:22:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: does anyone have the same problem?
yes - 0 (0%)
no - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: daily coins expectation do not match after receiving it on coinbase!  (Read 343 times)
cicia7 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 09:42:10 AM

Hi everyone!

I am dual mining ETH-DCR on coinotron using claymore miners and coinbase as a wallet...., lately I have noticed that mining on 400/450 mhs on eth should pay  0.145 eth a day that at the current price should be around 33USD..., I understand that luck plays a role here....,  but on the daily payments on coinbase I only get one payment of 0.09 =19-20usd?? where is the rest? I look on payments and I only get one every 24 hrs circa..... Also the amount is 0.1 leaving coinotron and on coinable I get 0.09?? where is the 10% going? on coinotron pplns is active and suppose to charge 1% claymore 2%...., where the rest is going?

I am new to mining but this looks a little weird to me..., Can someone help me to solve this? Am I reading this wrong?  thank you very much in advance! Smiley
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:15:19 AM

The missing amount is probably the transaction fee to pay for the gas used to send your payment across the network. The fees can add up and eat into you profits when sending small amounts like this.

If you can, it may be wise to set your payment threshold on the pool to a higher value, as the fee is normally a fixed amount regardless of the size of payment. This way one larger payment of say 1 ETH will not cut into your profits as much as several 0.1 ETH transactions with fees that that eat up 0.01 (10%) of each your payments. However, this strategy while it saves you some money will require you to mine for several days before a payment is sent out.

UPDATE: I just checked and indeed the missing amount is for the transaction fee.

The coinotron website shows a minimum payment amount of 0.1 ETH, but there is a 0.01 ETH fee when payout < 1 ETH.

This means if you would set your minimal payment to 1 Eth as I suggested above, you would actually incur no transaction fees.
cicia7 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:43:26 PM

Hello Za1n,

indeed this was the issue!,  thank you very much for youe help:)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: