Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:15:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mixed GPU rig problem  (Read 491 times)
bercy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:36:02 AM

Hi,

I'm working on my 2nd rig right now.  The first one has 6 identical GPUs, while the current one has a mix.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. 

I'm trying to get the first 4 GPUs to work simultaneously.  I have 1 Powercolor Red Dragon 580 8Gig, 1 MSI Armor 580 8 Gig, 1 Powercolor Red Devil 580 8 Gig, and 1 MSI Armor 570 4 Gig.

If I boot the rig up with only 1 card plugged in, no matter what card it is, I get Claymore up and running just fine.

However, whenever I have the Red Dragon up with some other card, the Red Dragon's fan doesn't work in Claymore, and the hashing is minimal at 4 MHs.

With all 4 cards, the Red Dragon shows the same behavior, while all other cards work fine.

I've tried running the Red Dragon on a different riser and it didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas ?

I'm running Claymore 9.7, and Crimson 17.x drivers.  All GPUs have their original BIOS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 11:56:41 AM

you shouldn't be having any problems because they are all AMD cards.
i'm running acouple mixed rigs without any issues.. i'm assuming your on windows?
have you checked your mobo bios settings?, virtual ram memory are set?
shouldn't be a riser issue, because your cards are detected.
if you have everything setup correctly, possibly a bad card.. I've gotten a few.
check your afterburner if your running it, make sure its not the same settings for ALL cards.

you should provide more details about your setup so maybe someone else can also help you out.
bercy (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:14:55 PM

i'm running acouple mixed rigs without any issues.. i'm assuming your on windows?
if you have everything setup correctly, possibly a bad card.. I've gotten a few.
check your afterburner if your running it, make sure its not the same settings for ALL cards.

you should provide more details about your setup so maybe someone else can also help you out.

Thanks for your reply.

I am running Windows 10, on a ASUS Prime Z270-P mobo.  The mobo settings might be something to check, so I'll take a look later on, however since I can run the 3 other cards fine, and then have a problem while running the Red Dragon with a single other card, I'm thinking the mobo and virtual ram settings are fine ?

I am running Afterburner too, although not at bootup (only manually), so I don't think that has anything to do with it either, but I'll have a look there too.

If it is a bad card, how would I prove that it's bad so that I can return it ?

Chan8

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:41:26 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I am running Windows 10, on a ASUS Prime Z270-P mobo.  The mobo settings might be something to check, so I'll take a look later on, however since I can run the 3 other cards fine, and then have a problem while running the Red Dragon with a single other card, I'm thinking the mobo and virtual ram settings are fine ?

I am running Afterburner too, although not at bootup (only manually), so I don't think that has anything to do with it either, but I'll have a look there too.

If it is a bad card, how would I prove that it's bad so that I can return it ?

every sec that your not mining, your wasting time with your rigs.

try just mining with that 1 card that's giving you problems, if your mining at normal hash rates your card is good!
from there, check all the other settings I mentioned.
Chan8

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 12:46:28 PM

if its a bad card, you wont have to prove to return. just send it back in for warranty. they will check the problem and fix it for you.
Dukebit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:07:11 PM

Have you tried plugging a dummy plug into the under performing gpu and restarting the system ?
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 01:54:55 PM

You need to plug the monitor in the GPU that makes 4 mh/s, launch the miner, after this it will work just fine, all my 570 needed this first time after install.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
bercy (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:31:40 PM

You need to plug the monitor in the GPU that makes 4 mh/s, launch the miner, after this it will work just fine, all my 570 needed this first time after install.

I'm certain I did this many times already, as I never plug my monitor in the mobo...
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 12:44:52 PM

I'm certain I did this many times already, as I never plug my monitor in the mobo...

You did this when all gpu's are on risers and the rig is ready to start? If this is the case, I don't know how to fix it.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: