Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:57:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: )(*&*()& mfoes  (Read 2105 times)
just_me (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:23:39 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 05:24:39 AM by just_me

ad eee ee ee ha ha ha hah aha hah ahah ahhahahahahahahah ah hha h ha ah  hah a

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:31:56 PM

Yes, there is a way.
Actually you can see every transaction ever done.

Just search on this website for your adress or the transaction ID:
http://blockchain.info/

What if I want to know who sent it to me? Is there any way for people to attach a message when they send bitcoins,
and that message tells me who they are, or their email address?
There is a way to sign something with your adress to prove ownership of that adress. Other than that, none.
But you can create lots of adresses and give different ones to different people. So if someone sends you BTCs there, you know it was them.

Can anyone help me with this, and tell me how to see the senders bitcoin address, email address or other personal info?
No other info, only bitcoin adress.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13090

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:51:37 PM

The client tells you that the sender is unknown because it is not safe to refund bitcoins to the "sender address". The sender may not actually receive your refund.

You can't send data with normal transactions. Labels and comments are on your end only.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Birdy

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:00:17 AM

What is blockchain.info anyways, seeing as how we are on the topic? Did the creator, Satoshi create blockchain.info ?
blockchain.info is a website offering services like creating a wallet, viewing the transaction history and so on, just like google.com is a website offering a search engine. I don't think Satoshi created it, but we don't know who Satoshi is, so it's not 100% impossible.

You say that there is no way for me to see any other info from the sender? Is there any way to see their ip address?
I hope not, but let me know please.
The only way to get additional information is finding them somewhere else connected with the adress.
In this forum mods could know my ip adress, they also can see the my sig with one of my BTC adresses. -> they know they are connected.

I was hoping that people could send me bitcoins and at the same time send their name or other info to me at the same time, via the bitcoin client. That would be really handy if this was possible.
Sorry, that's not possible.

What about those labels in the bitcoin client? Or are those just for me to make my own labels for my own personal use, or can it send those labels when I send bitcoins?
Only for your personal use.
Birdy

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:24:39 AM

So, I have to go to a different website to try and find out the bitcoin address of the senders of bitcoins?(blockchain.info)
yes

Can I send a refund to the bitcoin address I find at blockchain.info ??
You shouldn't do that, because there are a lot of sites that let you use their adresses (like Mt Gox). So they will change everytime and you could end up sending it to someone else.

Don't understand why I am not able to see the senders bitcoin address inside of bitcoin client.
Because, you shouldn't send anything back, unless the other person stated it's their own adress and they can receive the Btcs.
just_me (OP)

Activity: 420

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:07:27 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 05:23:52 AM by just_me

hoe moewp-[ mwo

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
Birdy

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:12:04 AM

Can anyone see my ip address when I send or recieve bitcoins?
Technically yes, I guess the next nodes could see it.
But I think you mean the receiver of the BTCs, no he can't.
jgalt

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:29:59 AM

What if the blockchain is showing two different addresses that the transaction came from? How do I know which one actually sent it to me?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:40:16 PM

What if the blockchain is showing two different addresses that the transaction came from? How do I know which one actually sent it to me?

They all did. A transaction can have multiple inputs and multiple outputs.  There is no direct connection between any particular input and any particular output in a transaction.  All the inputs provide the funding of the transaction together, and all the outputs receive the bitcoins from that funding.
davidbitcoins

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:44:43 PM

be careful
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: