Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:26:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Incorrect BTC balance: Importing blockchain.info private key into bitcoin-qt  (Read 1445 times)
telemeh (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 11:43:58 PM

Hi, gurus. I have a blockchain.info wallet with 2 addresses. One of them has 0.1 bitcoins in it. I exported 2 private keys from my blockchain.info wallet and imported them into bitcoin-qt using importprivkey command. After restarting bitcoin-qt client, the 2 addresses show up in "receive coins" list as expected, however the overall wallet balance shows as 0.00. I expected it to be 0.10. Any ideas?
btcpenghu

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:40:20 AM

nope Sad
Mcpit

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:32:54 AM

Hi, gurus. I have a blockchain.info wallet with 2 addresses. One of them has 0.1 bitcoins in it. I exported 2 private keys from my blockchain.info wallet and imported them into bitcoin-qt using importprivkey command. After restarting bitcoin-qt client, the 2 addresses show up in "receive coins" list as expected, however the overall wallet balance shows as 0.00. I expected it to be 0.10. Any ideas?

Same problem here.
Exported and re-imported private keys successfully in MultiBit 0.5.14.
But when I try and import those private keys in bitcoin-qt 0.8.5 using this procedure: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys_v7%2B
they end up in the "receive" list, but the wallet's balance always shows 0, even after restart, or after new blocks were received.
(I verified those addresses again in MultiBit and blockchain.info and they do have positive unspent balances.)

All this seems fairly basic to me. What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:50:16 PM

You can try running Bitcoin-Qt with the rescan command line option.
Mcpit

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:20:49 AM

For the record.. in my case it was just a question of time..
On my computer Bitcoin-qt takes a good 20min, looking just as if it was frozen, to import a private key.

Sorry for the non-issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: