Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:17:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Found my transaction in blockchain, but have not been paid yet?  (Read 684 times)
BigDaddyWooWoo (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:45:19 AM

Hi all,

Long time listener, first time caller.  I made a withdraw from BTC-e of a whole .1 of a bitcoin yesterday.  I see the transaction at blockchain.info and looking at it I believe it says there have been 273 confirmations but it has yet to show up in my Multibit wallet??  I'm sure I used the correct wallet address.

For such a small amount normally I'd just blow it off however I have some more coins there and want to make sure I can get them into my wallet.  Any ideas?  I appreciate any help.

Blockchain info:

https://blockchain.info/address/13uUWzaBfNQCkKD4JMwD8RRummJ979cLR1
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:48:29 AM

So, 13uUWzaBfNQCkKD4JMwD8RRummJ979cLR1  is your bitcoin address? if it's the top transaction your talking about, and you have entered exactly that address, then it's not the case that you have entered your address wrong.

Now, has your multibit client synced fully?
BigDaddyWooWoo (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:52:29 AM

Yep.  Multibit has been open all day and says it's online.  I don't understand.  I've made withdraws before from mining pools no problem.
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 01:03:07 AM

That's interesting. Have you tried contacting them about it? With that many transactions, if you were fully synced it should have definitely shown up.
BigDaddyWooWoo (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:05:35 AM

Yes I did.  They were very helpful in providing me the blockchain.info link. Roll Eyes  That's it.  So much for customer service.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 09:13:17 PM

Yes I did.  They were very helpful in providing me the blockchain.info link. Roll Eyes  That's it.  So much for customer service.

The link contains all the information you need to know in order to verify that your transaction indeed took place. It indicates when and for how much. What else did you expect them to do?

Still around.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:40:09 PM

According to the MultiBit support page:

https://multibit.org/support.html

Fast fixes

Sometimes a transaction seems to get "stuck" leading to concern that it hasn't been sent or received. This is almost always fixed by using the "Reset Blockchain" option from the Tools menu.

Have you tried this already?

If the transaction is in the blockchain, then the problem is with your wallet, and not anything that BTC-e has done.  There is nothing further than BTC-e can help you with.  You'll need to get wallet assistance from MultiBit experts.
BigDaddyWooWoo (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:38:37 AM

Huh...go figure.  Danny Hamilton you're a genius.  I Googled the hell out of my problem for two days and was about to give up.

The next thing I'm doing is getting rid of Multibit.  I read it is the Cadillac of wallets.  Maybe I just need a Chevy.

Anyway, as far as BTC-e is concerned I understand they are not obligated offer any more than a link to the blockchain, which is exactly what they did.  But I dunno, maybe they should hire guys like Danny Hamilton to at least say "hey dumbass, did ya try this?"  After all, I am a customer with choices who may talk about his experience on a worldwide Bitcoin forum that may possibly sway other person's decisions.  Wouldn't it be great if I could say "man those guys at BTC-e gave me outstanding service and even though most of you nubs may think they are Russian Mafia I highly recommend them"?  But I can't say that can I?  Hey, they did the very minimum to close the support ticket.  I guess I should be happy with their bare minimum. 

Danny Hamilton, can you give me a wallet address to send a donation to?  I like to reward those who go out of their way to help when they could have just ignored the problem.
edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 01:02:55 AM

Anyway, as far as BTC-e is concerned I understand they are not obligated offer any more than a link to the blockchain, which is exactly what they did.  But I dunno, maybe they should hire guys like Danny Hamilton to at least say "hey dumbass, did ya try this?"  After all, I am a customer with choices who may talk about his experience on a worldwide Bitcoin forum that may possibly sway other person's decisions.  Wouldn't it be great if I could say "man those guys at BTC-e gave me outstanding service and even though most of you nubs may think they are Russian Mafia I highly recommend them"?  But I can't say that can I?  Hey, they did the very minimum to close the support ticket.  I guess I should be happy with their bare minimum. 

Really? Just because they couldn't solve your problem which was completely unrelated to their service, you consider the response "bare minimum"?

Still around.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:36:26 AM

Really? Just because they couldn't solve your problem which was completely unrelated to their service, you consider the response "bare minimum"?

Can you think of something less they could have done that would have been considered the "bare minimum" of adequate service?
edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:55:26 PM

Can you think of something less they could have done that would have been considered the "bare minimum" of adequate service?

The only criteria he seems to be considering is whether or not they help with MultiBit. It's possible that their customer service leaves something to be desired but it's also possible they were exemplary in the way they handled it but just didn't know enough about MultiBit to offer a suggestion.

It's as if I went to a restaurant, ordered pistachio ice cream for dessert and then came here saying, "Yeah, it wasn't on the menu but they should have had some just in case. I guess they're not obligated to serve it. They did the bare minimum to accommodate my order and I guess I should be happy with that."

Still around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: