Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:32:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fees - I Think We All Been Scammed  (Read 969 times)
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:00:46 PM

I noticed this too. I sent a transaction yesterday with a 0.00002btc(which is $0.04) by accident and did not notice it until it was too late.
To my surprise when I when to the via accelerator site to so called push the transaction to my surprise it said it was confirmed already.

I do think the miners fees are in somewhat in league with each other and these transactions can be sent without much if anything but $0.02 worth of bitcoin if you wanted to put on as the transaction fee if you wanted it to and they will confirm within 20 minutes if not sooner.

i still see very high fee, where do you see such low fee? fee is in range of 0.0005 at least if not more, but some miners can confirm lower fee transaction, from time to time, but perhaps right now that the amount tx was reduced because of the dump and the chain split, miners are more permissive
What?
If you use a wallet where you are allowed to modify your own fees to what you want to pay out to them then you can add whatever you like to them.
This does not mean it will ever get confirmed and could just as more likely to get stuck in the blockchain and then you will lose your bitcoin anyways.
As i said. This was in error of myself mistyping the fee to apply. But it got confirmed anyways by the luck of the draw just when segwit was activated I am assuming.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:07:08 PM

blockchain.info also have high fees.
Blockchain.info is not an exchange, and you can set whatever fees you like.
Edit to add: the spam allegations are misdirections coming from the usual corner
Yes, because this address looks like the user is making some lovely transactions to their many, many friends.
wow, over 200 thousand transactions in roughly six months  :-\and are you insinuating that this user was a segwit supporter  
I think it's impossible to judge who it was.  It's possible that it was a group of miners, because they rake in transaction fees.  Whether or not the attacks were from people supporting a certain scaling solution we don't know.

In as much as this could be said as a spam attack bitcoin should prove itself to the world that it  can handle such transactions regardless, but whatever their intentions were... things have improved a lot and network should be able to handle the load
Bitcoin can currently handle the same amount of transactions as it could before.  Post-SegWit and post-block size increase, it will change, but spam attacks will still be possible.
Sorry but no, the spam claims are a a misdirection.
Care to provide any actual evidence for this or just an assertion?  Does that address look legitimate to you?
Bitcoin didn't have the capacity and it's as simple as that. Occam's razor.
Occam's razor is not applicable here.  A spam attack is a very simple explanation, and you've made the vague assumption that a large number of people have started using Bitcoin even though they're not identifiable.
EastBirth

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:46:55 PM

What if it is not a scam ? Rather people trying to manipulate the fees ? I have no idea how. To me that makes more sense then saying it is a scam. Maybe I group of miners spammed like uses here are telling about. Like a DDOS bit for network fees ?? I am not sure I am no expert. I just guess with logic. One thing is sure, that it is strange. Something surely is going on behind the scenes we don't know about it.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:19:40 PM

Fees are high yes but isn't that why the segwit is being implemented ? To reduce the transaction time and the fees, to sllow the blocks bigger than the 2MB?

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:40:11 PM

Fees are high yes but isn't that why the segwit is being implemented ? To reduce the transaction time and the fees, to sllow the blocks bigger than the 2MB?
The reason SegWit2x want fix issue about time confirm transaction, fees and blocksize. About blocksize is main reason make all issue, because small block will make very hard for miner confirm and always make crash when have a huge transaction need confirm. And when this time happening, need spent more fees and wating more time to sending Bitcoin

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 06:48:19 PM

A few months ago there was this bit craze about fees and how fees was outrageous. People were chasing fees just to send the smallest of bitcoins. Then several threads start appearing about using other currencies like LTC, ETH, DOGE, etc. I've noticed for the last 2 weeks I have been able to send btc with only a .07 cent fee tied to it and they were getting confirmed in only a few blocks. Whereas If i tried this mess a few months ago it would sit for hrs if not days. I think those behind the scene were scamming us and controlling the flow of inputs just to fu^k us over!

Blame Core developers. Changing the fee structure into "fee market", with complicated fee structures, caused the fees to rise and scammers to abuse the "fee market."

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

coinenthu

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:48:05 PM

There is something called IOTA which claims there wont be any fees on their technology
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 07:55:33 PM

A few months ago there was this bit craze about fees and how fees was outrageous. People were chasing fees just to send the smallest of bitcoins. Then several threads start appearing about using other currencies like LTC, ETH, DOGE, etc. I've noticed for the last 2 weeks I have been able to send btc with only a .07 cent fee tied to it and they were getting confirmed in only a few blocks. Whereas If i tried this mess a few months ago it would sit for hrs if not days. I think those behind the scene were scamming us and controlling the flow of inputs just to fu^k us over!

i think its more tied to the demand, and traffic at the given time. when there isnt a lot of competition for blocks, you can get away with a nothing fee. but with all the volatility of late, people are actually using the network, most likely to trade. its also a lame byproduct of the price getting high; when the price doubles, the min fee doubles. how do you think the fees look now to people that purchase sub 100 dollar bitcoin? they were making transactions for fractions of a cent; the difference in value is more than some people actually paid for bitcoin, in the beginning Wink

and if we had bigger blocks.....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: