Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Riser card sellers gripe  (Read 486 times)
bkbirge (OP)

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 02:07:05 PM

Why oh why can't the riser card sellers on ebay or amazon actually send what they are supposed to, as they describe their products? 4th order now of sets of 6 pin powered risers and yet again I've got 4 pin, previous orders showed up with SATA power but never 6 pin as ordered and described. Waste of time for almost 2 months now dealing with these monkeys. Anyone have a reliable source that doesn't take a month to get here (USA)?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zij

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:17:17 PM

I have had problems with risers in general where 30% of a batch of 100 recently have died within a few minutes of powering up - well when I say "died", I mean that the GPUs stop mining which is the riser issue..  I've also found the USB cables to be of varying quality, and the riser itself being okay.

I would recommend Cryptomined.com / @Cryptomined - ordered from him a short time ago, it arrived to UK within 7 days...  Failure rate negligible so far.

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 03:31:24 PM

never had a problem with riser cards , always received what i ordered , used amazon, ebay , alibaba , n.e. marketplace ...

really never had a problem with the riser card itself , but the usb cable is a different story Wink

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Y1K35

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 03:46:26 PM

It is soooo time consuming because the sellers are not consistently reliable with their supply. The batches vary all the time with a large portion being inept. It's all trial and error which can take up valuable time leading to nothing but frustration. I've lost entire days just troubleshooting my rigs because of faulty riser cards.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:08:10 PM

The 4 pin molex powered ones should come with adapters to hook them up to sata power. Is it really that big of a deal? The connector powering them doesnt matter, they all do the same thing.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:08:58 PM

The ones I've got from minerparts.com have all worked just fine.
ElBerryKM13
Copper Member

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:16:25 PM

I've got the same issue. Getting risers from everybody and most of them don't send you what they advertised or if you do get them half of them gives you problems. The better ones so far are ones i'm getting from amazon by a seller named Optimal shop.
BenScoobert

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:31:28 PM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6X-USB-3-0-Pcie-PCI-E-Express-1x-To-16x-Extender-Riser-Card-Adapter-BTC-Cable-TS/382141738665?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=651008108367&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I got these, they came fast, I can't say how good they are yet as I have not tried them
bkbirge (OP)

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:44:32 PM

The 4 pin molex powered ones should come with adapters to hook them up to sata power. Is it really that big of a deal? The connector powering them doesnt matter, they all do the same thing.

My power supplies are all 6 pin outputs. I ordered 6 pin risers. I receive either 4 pin or SATA risers with cables to convert from one to the other, but no 6 pin solution. Annoying as %$#% to not get what I ordered 4 times in a row and I'm not willing quite yet to just buy separate connector converters at double the expense or hack something together with a soldering gun and spare wire. I'll try one more time with one of the suggestions on this thread and report back when/if they show up.
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 06:20:59 PM

I am selling 6pin risers in this thread, ships worldwide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2034251.0

Ver006C 6pin riser, here are some pics: http://imgur.com/a/jyXGu
http://cryptomininghw.com/product/1x-to-16x-pci-e-powered-risers-ver006c/

I use these in my remote farm and they run problem free since setup.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: