Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:14:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Most ICO's are SCAM ?  (Read 4428 times)
baricuri

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:04:01 AM

Because there are no laws currently in place for ICOs, so people who are proficient in electronic money are always looking for ways to create fraudulent ICOs to appropriately dispose of someone else's property. So they will soon be rich and probably become millionaires

novemberwoah

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:49:27 AM

According to me there is  must be a change in the development of crypto in the future, for example when a project wants to use a platform to start ico then it is as good as having a platform to select first and investigate so that it will be prevent to born of ico scams.
frekans07

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:48:17 PM

If the true ico works for good projects, greedy fraudsters work for scam, but they can do scam jobs to get rich in short.
sacskate

Activity: 994

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:50:54 PM

Do you know that most of the ICO's are scam .

Well if you don't here are some reasons behind it :-

1.) Most of these ICO's have no business model  Angry
2.) Most of these ICO's would never be profitable  Sad
3.) High Market cap for a project / ICO with no development , code or any past experiences  Tongue
4.) Most of them have a 1 year roadmap which means no vision  Huh
5.) 5 months of hard work and for that they get Millions in funding  Undecided
6.) Dumb people running the shitshow  Grin
7.) Behind the scenes it is all about Money

What makes an ICO legit ?
1.) Working product
2.) Practical Use case
3.) Legit Team
4.) Limited Funding ( Based upon Fair Market valuation )

Why are these days ICO raising so much money ?  Shocked
Answer :- People are dumb and greedy they want to invest in the next ETH , STRATIS , WINGS , EDG , IOTA , XEL but they do not understand that Stratis had less than 1000 contributors and most of these ICO's happened during bear season when most of the people were not active in the scene .

Should I invest in ICO's ?  Huh
Yes , some ICO's are legit and can be good investments such as MobileGo , Edgeless ,  Civic etc which can yield you good ROI in long term but then always due diligence is important .

Should I invest in ICO's with high marketcap ?  Roll Eyes
No , High marketcap means a lot of people have invested in an ICO seeking for quick buck or the ICO team has been dependent on marketing to get more investors which makes a lot of weak hands so when the marketcap is not able to sustain the demand and supply the price will likely go down . When the price goes down is the time to invest but not during the ICO .

I fomo like a noob during ICO as I don't want to miss it .  Cry
Well then you are a fuking sheep who want to buy in today and be a millionaire tomorrow well it does not work that way , you can always buy after it hits the exchange . Always have a good risk management system in place where you are able to manage your risk/reward ratio according to your portfolio . 

Always :- Ask tough questions to the team and you will know the reality 

Best Regards ,
VerthagOG

Everyone is trying to take advantage of the momentum right now. My strategy is the same for all investments whether cryptocurrency, stocks, and startups.

First and foremost:
  • Team
  • Traction
  • Idea / Concept

Team
First and foremost, I invest in people. The questions I ask are:
  • Are these individuals I can trust and share the same values with?
  • What experience does the team have in this space?

Traction
Traction enables me to understand someone's passion, hustle, and results over a period of time. The question I ask here is:
  • What traction has the team achieved over the past quarter, six months, etc?

Idea / Concept
It's never about the idea. It's always about the execution. Hence why this ranks lower than traction. The questions I ask are:
  • What problem does this solve?
  • Is this an idea that I'm passionate about and care offer value to?
  • Is the idea / concept aligned with my values?

The answers to all of these questions give me a good sense on whether or not I should invest.  While it is still possible to make money from momentum investing, I recommend everyone employing due diligence and ask the same questions above prior to making an investment.

as scamming getting easy than before you can create a professional site easy and also you can pay and get professional whitepaper so
many people dream with January 2017 profit
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 12:56:21 PM

That is a good analysis you completely detailed the many loopholes in ICO but soon there will come a time that only legit and good ICO will win the market, investors and the community are getting wiser, they have learn from all these mistakes, all of us have been victimized by these scammers one time or another.
jonhn772

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 12:57:44 PM

Because there are succesful ICO's in the past and so scammers sees this field as money opportunity.
simple as that.
It's true. Many people are planning to create scam ico to earn money and they want to earn some big money by scammed others. Such scam ico is constantly increasing.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
shanghai

Activity: 275
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:58:27 PM

In my opinion most ICOS campaigns are now scams because they can make the quickest and the richest. Besides, I think when the crypto market gets bad and it has not recovered the capital mobilization is hard. Just as they take advantage of the trust of investors to make a lot of money by joining ICOS.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:03:59 PM

No, I do not agree that most of the ICOs are fake but few are fake. Most you are talking because they have not a proper business model or the business didn't run for longer. As, it is a very unregulated market some of the project which doesn't have a serious project can also bring the ICO. But the ICO managing body whether it be a private it also scrutinize the company regulate the ICOs for the investors sake. If, the ICO do not achieve a minimum investment which is called as soft cap then the money return back to the investors.
SaRmY

Activity: 645

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:04:41 PM

Great information. I hope most of the questions about how to choose a project will disappear. Newbies often ask such questions.
Zhenka

Activity: 362
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:05:46 PM

In my opinion most ICOS campaigns are now scams because they can make the quickest and the richest. Besides, I think when the crypto market gets bad and it has not recovered the capital mobilization is hard. Just as they take advantage of the trust of investors to make a lot of money by joining ICOS.
Just a lot of people and investors have not learned to distinguish good projects from fraud. Need to entrust this to professionals. I think sooner or later there will be some kind of regulator that will conduct the verification of the developers and to monitor the spending of collected funds.
anov996

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:06:30 PM

Holding ICOs with promising programs, however once the investors have an interest and begin golf shot funds into them then they simply disappear
You should initial rigorously developer policies and programs before creating a call to incorporate funds
Karlblaise1

Activity: 131
Merit: 2

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 01:08:35 PM

You stated the obvious, but the reason why it was so can easily be tied to people's need to make money fast.

Trying to make money fast is what results in people not been able to take the pain in going through the white paper and business model critically. There is even the need of conducting checks on the projects social media, reaching out to verify the legitimacy of the teams and many more as may have been listed.

With the urge to speed up profitability drive, without the accompanying meticulous approach; Scam projects will keep thriving.

My advice:
Engage in thorough research and fact findings of the projects, to get rid of scam projects.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:35:47 PM

Many ICOs turning out to be a scam as after fundraising and they are not doing any development
and they not fulfilling their promises. This is why we need strict regulations on OCOs.

dead_m92

Activity: 650

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:41:16 PM

Yes it happened to me a lot of times during this year, i did not invest a little money, either a huge amount, but it is difficult to accept a lose.

I do not understand why those ICOs still exist, why there aren't many regulations against them yet?

I do not know why the law isn't doing anything too.

Many ICOs turning out to be a scam as after fundraising and they are not doing any development
and they not fulfilling their promises. This is why we need strict regulations on OCOs.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

NORD YGGDRASIL

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:14:29 AM

Undoubtedly - most of the projects are scam, so projects that really make a profit are rarely found. For example, I was lucky that I invested in ETHEERA. ETA token shows good growth momentum even in a falling market. And I think in half a year he will bring me x10 while if I invested in Bitcoin, I could earn a maximum of +50 percent during this time. Choose the right coins and you will not have any problems with earnings!
leavolnhals

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 01:17:04 AM

What ICO projects do with our money is a mystery. This market is called a market of beliefs. If you have no faith, you will not be able to earn huge profits here. So I do not think investing in ICO will be profitable for you, but you need to have good project analysis skills.

IgorStr

Activity: 377
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 02:12:32 AM

Now it is more than relevant I think, I think it's all about the usual human greed, everyone wants to make a lot of money without doing anything , and after give them to those scammers who promise mountains of gold

kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:53:50 AM

because scammer can easily scam people that is why they create a lot of scam ICOs. for the past years there are many successful ICOs and scammer see it as an opportunity to earn easy money because they know there will be a lot of investor.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:02:19 AM

Why they have a lot of ICO's are scam or most them because they will get more money and mostly they got is millions dollars every ICO so the scammer are happy to create more ICO's with unknown team and that is time we need to be aware if we going to invest check every details to make sure the ICO is safe and legi.
darmin

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:12:25 AM

That is a good analysis you completely detailed the many loopholes in ICO but soon there will come a time that only legit and good ICO will win the market, investors and the community are getting wiser, they have learn from all these mistakes, all of us have been victimized by these scammers one time or another.
absolutely right. at least of the many ICO which appeared in this time, just a well-deserved ICO will be able to survive and succeed. Smart investors will certainly be selective in choosing the ICO and not only see this as a short term only. the scam that too many investors are demanding to do a good analysis to make it could generate for them.

[ ] ENTER BUTTON C h a i n  ❱❱❱❱ Main project is buying   &
▬▬▬ PAYBUTTON : Wallet App   |   selling luxury goods ❱❱❱❱
██ NFT DEFI ██   [ B U Y ]   ██ ◥ telegram ██ ◥ twitter ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: