Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 03:06:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Most ICO's are SCAM ?  (Read 4428 times)
r_delossa

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:13:08 PM

They are not scam. Due to the market conditions the most projects cannot collect the funds that they need. If an ICO collected 1 million USD instead of 5 million USD, they won't continue their duties, because it won't be enough.
NPG331525

Activity: 114

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:21:19 PM

Why they have a lot of ICO's are scam or most them because they will get more money and mostly they got is millions dollars every ICO so the scammer are happy to create more ICO's with unknown team and that is time we need to be aware if we going to invest check every details to make sure the ICO is safe and legi.
yes,, i agree with this point. those who join scam projects only want big profits quickly achieved without thinking about the long term, what they do is only attract investors to get into their projects and after they get a profit the project will soon be abandoned

Nikolas_the_Wonderworker

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:39:27 PM

I totally disagree with this opinion. ICO has a lot of good projects. Not all ICOs are frauds. There are many good and promising ICO. Spend more time searching and analyzing, just need to learn more about projects.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:28:21 AM

Projects that are created in a falling market are very closed and inactive, which is why investors begin to think that they have invested in scams.
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:29:47 AM

I think that most of the ICO projects have been authentic and reliable at the beginning. Due to various factors in the later period, the project has not developed, and finally the project identified by investors as a scam. So good projects must have a good team to operate.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:50:16 AM

because there is a lot of money. which they collected from many inventors. they want to get instant benefits with short term. so for that they made a form of ICO project which ended in Scam

swscowods

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:54:15 AM

They are not scam. Due to the market conditions the most projects cannot collect the funds that they need. If an ICO collected 1 million USD instead of 5 million USD, they won't continue their duties, because it won't be enough.
Lol, I still don’t agree with that. None of them who does that are legit, they are just a cryptocurrency exit scam. Most of these ICOs you see that seems to be legit are exit scam. They pretend to be legit and keep running their cryptocurrency or ICOs and once they have gotten money from investors, they will quickly disappear, leaving investors lurching from wall to wall, Lol.
perfect999

Activity: 1624
Merit: 299

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:58:30 AM

Do you know that most of the ICO's are scam .

Well if you don't here are some reasons behind it :-

1.) Most of these ICO's have no business model  Angry
2.) Most of these ICO's would never be profitable  Sad
3.) High Market cap for a project / ICO with no development , code or any past experiences  Tongue
4.) Most of them have a 1 year roadmap which means no vision  Huh
5.) 5 months of hard work and for that they get Millions in funding  Undecided
6.) Dumb people running the shitshow  Grin
7.) Behind the scenes it is all about Money

What makes an ICO legit ?
1.) Working product
2.) Practical Use case
3.) Legit Team
4.) Limited Funding ( Based upon Fair Market valuation )

Why are these days ICO raising so much money ?  Shocked
Answer :- People are dumb and greedy they want to invest in the next ETH , STRATIS , WINGS , EDG , IOTA , XEL but they do not understand that Stratis had less than 1000 contributors and most of these ICO's happened during bear season when most of the people were not active in the scene .

Should I invest in ICO's ?  Huh
Yes , some ICO's are legit and can be good investments such as MobileGo , Edgeless ,  Civic etc which can yield you good ROI in long term but then always due diligence is important .

Should I invest in ICO's with high marketcap ?  Roll Eyes
No , High marketcap means a lot of people have invested in an ICO seeking for quick buck or the ICO team has been dependent on marketing to get more investors which makes a lot of weak hands so when the marketcap is not able to sustain the demand and supply the price will likely go down . When the price goes down is the time to invest but not during the ICO .

I fomo like a noob during ICO as I don't want to miss it .  Cry
Well then you are a fuking sheep who want to buy in today and be a millionaire tomorrow well it does not work that way , you can always buy after it hits the exchange . Always have a good risk management system in place where you are able to manage your risk/reward ratio according to your portfolio .  

Always :- Ask tough questions to the team and you will know the reality  

Best Regards ,
VerthagOG

Everyone is trying to take advantage of the momentum right now. My strategy is the same for all investments whether cryptocurrency, stocks, and startups.

First and foremost:
  • Team
  • Traction
  • Idea / Concept

Team
First and foremost, I invest in people. The questions I ask are:
  • Are these individuals I can trust and share the same values with?
  • What experience does the team have in this space?

Traction
Traction enables me to understand someone's passion, hustle, and results over a period of time. The question I ask here is:
  • What traction has the team achieved over the past quarter, six months, etc?

Idea / Concept
It's never about the idea. It's always about the execution. Hence why this ranks lower than traction. The questions I ask are:
  • What problem does this solve?
  • Is this an idea that I'm passionate about and care offer value to?
  • Is the idea / concept aligned with my values?

The answers to all of these questions give me a good sense on whether or not I should invest.  While it is still possible to make money from momentum investing, I recommend everyone employing due diligence and ask the same questions above prior to making an investment.

In 2017, 80 percent of the ICOs conducted were scam, and I know it’s likely to be the same thing with this year: majority of the ICOs are just scammers. And according what I read on Cointelegraph, total funding was $11.9 billion and 11 percent went to scammers ($1.34 billion).

But is there ways you can avoid them? Yes there are many ways you can avoid scam ICOs. But since you have already stated the reasons, maybe I should just drop a link for those that wants to know more. Check out Investopedia, the site really helped me a lot in telling which ICOs/cryptocurrencies are scam and which ones are not, https://www.investopedia.com/tech/how-identify-cryptocurrency-and-ico-scams/
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:21:58 AM

Most ICO projects are fraudulent because this activity allows you to collect huge amounts of money, anyone can conduct ICO, and this activity is not regulated by the states. Apparently, until this activity is regulated, the percentage of fraud will remain large.
No regulation is possible, the governments may try to create regulation for icos but like always the problem is how are they going to apply those regulations in a market that was a specifically designed to avoid being subject to the regulations of the governments? So in my opinion even if there is a regulation nothing will come out of it.
giantrobot

Activity: 564

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:32:42 AM

There are too many ICOs on the market that we can not manage. So ICO scam is absolutely possible.
So when you join an ICO you should do it with reputable people and consult people on the forum, check regular Telegram.
Bagani

Activity: 375
Merit: 18

send & receive money instantly,w/out hidden costs

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:37:45 AM

Most ICOs are scam because most of the investors didn't take much time on reading their whitepaper and even researching the team if its legit or not. They all care about the hype of the project, that's why many investors get scammed of this projects because the lack of knowledge on how to choose a legit project and to distinguish if the product has a real use-case in the future.

infested

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:38:52 AM

3.) High Market cap for a project / ICO with no development , code or any past experiences  Tongue

1.) Working product
2.) Practical Use case
3.) Legit Team

Answer :- People are dumb and greedy they want to invest in the next ETH , STRATIS , WINGS , EDG , IOTA , XEL but they do not understand that Stratis had less than 1000 contributors and most of these ICO's happened during bear season when most of the people were not active in the scene .

Yes , some ICO's are legit and can be good investments such as MobileGo , Edgeless ,  Civic etc which can yield you good ROI in long term but then always due diligence is important .

No , High marketcap means a lot of people have invested in an ICO seeking for quick buck or the ICO team has been dependent on marketing to get more investors which makes a lot of weak hands so when the marketcap is not able to sustain the demand and supply the price will likely go down . When the price goes down is the time to invest but not during the ICO .

Well then you are a fuking sheep who want to buy in today and be a millionaire tomorrow well it does not work that way , you can always buy after it hits the exchange . Always have a good risk management system in place where you are able to manage your risk/reward ratio according to your portfolio .  

Best Regards ,
VerthagOG

Everyone is trying to take advantage of the momentum right now. My strategy is the same for all investments whether cryptocurrency, stocks, and startups.

First and foremost:
  • Team
  • Traction
  • Idea / Concept

Team

Traction
Traction enables me to understand someone's passion, hustle, and results over a period of time. The question I ask here is:

Idea / Concept
It's never about the idea. It's always about the execution. Hence why this ranks lower than traction. The questions I ask are:

The answers to all of these questions give me a good sense on whether or not I should invest.  While it is still possible to make money from momentum investing, I recommend everyone employing due diligence and ask the same questions above prior to making an investment.

Because they aren't regulated....So its free money for the creators and noone will hunt them down if they pull an exit scam.
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:48:12 AM

IMO the other things that can make ICO are turned into scam are because some  past investor are just like a little bit disappointment with how the project are performing after ICO. The hype on the last years on ICO things was very crazy, but the result are so imbalance compared to the their roadmap.
ranggenga

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:00:20 AM

1.) Working product
2.) Practical Use case
3.) Legit Team

Best Regards ,
VerthagOG

That is a useful information you give here. I believe it would be good for everyone to know about that scam ICO and legit ICO.
It should be able to reduce any scam ICO to be created, cause many people aware about it and will be able to avoid to join into any Scam ICO.
sincenam

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:07:41 AM

1.) Working product
2.) Practical Use case
3.) Legit Team

Best Regards ,
VerthagOG

First and foremost:
  • Team
  • Traction
  • Idea / Concept

Team

Traction

Idea / Concept

Your post is very clear about the reason why most ICO are scam. Thank you for deep analysis. From my point of view, there are more and more scam ICO because it is really easy to create fake ICO with fake team, fake, roadmap,...
ahmed04

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:52:55 AM

Because now there is such a situation in the market that you have to deceive someone, or deceive you. If you are not happy with both directions, now it is better to be out of the market.
daporivera

Activity: 402
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 08:58:05 AM

All this scammers see ICO  as an easy way to scam people of their hard earned money. They create fake project, hype and advertise it and believe me, people start investing in it. Over the years a lot of ICO have turned out be scam. Extreme caution is needed before investing in a project.

Code:
★      ★   ★     MoonConnect.net     ★   ★      ★
A Crypto with Democratic Token Distribution, Static Reflection and more
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:02:43 AM

Because creating an ICO for fraudulent investors is so easy they always try to create them. to cheat young and inexperienced investors.

prowe

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:36:02 AM

Because many of them are being setup as self-enrichment tools.
Even the fairness of the intentions is doubtable.

The principle behind an ICO is something I still support only the executions are very poor.

And some extremely succesful ICO's that have been supported in the past are just delusional projects.

Cryptocurrency Safe Trade Coin - Future Freelancer Platform Gronzo
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:55:31 AM

The emergence of ICO has changed the world of investment. The market volume and the abundance of inexperienced users make cryptocurrency an attractive target for hackers and scammers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: